Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what guages do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what guages do I need?

So I want boost, and I'm learning alot before I start. What gauges are you guys running? Do I need a fuel pressure gauge in the car, or is it o.k under the hood? I already have a air/fuel digital gauge in the car, and planned on a boost gauge. After doing a bunch of searches, it looks like I need an electric boost gauge. Will using a boost and air/fuel in the car, and leaving the fuel under the hood be o.k? Also, I dont' want a 3 pillar pod, I saw one that went way up the pillar, and stuck out in my face. Where are yours?
Thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't waste your time with the useless light show known as the autometer narrowband AF gauge. If you want AF, wideband or bust.

Boost, Oil pressure and Fuel pressure are pretty crucial imo. Boost and oil pressure are must haves. Fuel pressure is not a must, but it can save your motor if a fuel pump dies or whatever.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eviltwins
Don't waste your time with the useless light show known as the autometer narrowband AF gauge. If you want AF, wideband or bust.

Boost, Oil pressure and Fuel pressure are pretty crucial imo. Boost and oil pressure are must haves. Fuel pressure is not a must, but it can save your motor if a fuel pump dies or whatever.

Ill have to disagree with you there......... i believe Fuel Pressure is a must have...... It informs you of your fuel pressure and it is a great toll to help you know if you dont have enough pump or injectors or both..... i always watch my FP before my boost gauge every time i work on my car after its back togeather..... a boost gauge is nice to have and the A/F ratio gage isnt very accurate. I have one but thats only because i got it from a buddy for like $20 bucks new. To bad you dont have a TA you could use a 2 5/8 boost gage in one of your A/C vents like this

I have my other two in the A-Pillar

Thats just my .02 though.
Kyle
Old 06-23-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have Boost, A/F (I like my light show!), and water temp in a triple pod and a fuel pressure gauge (2 5/8") in my A/C vent to the left of the streering wheel
Old 06-23-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Picture:
Old 06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Boost and fuel.

Mark
Old 06-24-2004, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the pic's guys, it looks like the pillar is the best way to go in a Camaro. I like how the gauges go in the vents on the t/a's.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OC BLACKZ28
Thanks for the pic's guys, it looks like the pillar is the best way to go in a Camaro. I like how the gauges go in the vents on the t/a's.

AC vent still works too.
e-boost in the change holder.
fuel press
oil press
water temp
2 stage intake temp
(befor and after I/C)
scanmaster
shift light in pilar vent
Attached Thumbnails what guages do I need?-gauges2.jpg  

Quick Reply: what guages do I need?