Old 12-13-2017, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
That is a great price Paul, what did it come off of? Bob
MY 2017 Grandsport
Old 12-13-2017, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

That overlay from detoxx is crazy. The new design is more efficient but loses a ton of power everywhere but the last few RPM. Crazy. That's got to be somewhat noticeable at part throttle driving around on the street, no?
Old 12-13-2017, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Im so confused...the D1X was making ~2.5 MORE PSI than the D1 and was down power until the top of the pull? Is this like the FAST vs. MSD intake deal? High RPM, go D1X, low RPM go D1?
Old 12-13-2017, 11:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Im so confused...the D1X was making ~2.5 MORE PSI than the D1 and was down power until the top of the pull? Is this like the FAST vs. MSD intake deal? High RPM, go D1X, low RPM go D1?
That is correct, thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-13-2017, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am confused on several things. Especially the chart Bob posted.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:38 PM

I think im going to skip over D1X to the F1A
i like the fact the F series are step up ratio
Old 12-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Paul Ferrucci
I think im going to skip over D1X to the F1A
i like the fact the F series are step up ratio
F1a94 is what I would do I’m doing twins but should have went that route my self
Old 12-13-2017, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
That overlay from detoxx is crazy. The new design is more efficient but loses a ton of power everywhere but the last few RPM. Crazy. That's got to be somewhat noticeable at part throttle driving around on the street, no?
The dyno sheet doesn’t tell the whole story. Before we got all of this snow I had been trying to do some data logging for my tuner. I can say since I have direct experience with both headunits the D1X hits harder and there isn’t any noticeable loss anywhere. I have more traction issues down low and in the mid range now than I ever had with the D1SC.

The graph shows what it shows but actually street driving the X is a straight up animal. I thinks it’s making a pound or two more on the street also. Crazy considering I haven’t maxed it out yet. I know once I do that it will “look” better on the dyno graph but I have zero doubts with thi headunit my car is way faster than before.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
The dyno sheet doesn’t tell the whole story. Before we got all of this snow I had been trying to do some data logging for my tuner. I can say since I have direct experience with both headunits the D1X hits harder and there isn’t any noticeable loss anywhere. I have more traction issues down low and in the mid range now than I ever had with the D1SC.

The graph shows what it shows but actually street driving the X is a straight up animal. I thinks it’s making a pound or two more on the street also. Crazy considering I haven’t maxed it out yet. I know once I do that it will “look” better on the dyno graph but I have zero doubts with thi headunit my car is way faster than before.
I'm not sure if you posted already and I missed it, but how fast are you spinning the D1x at the time that dyno was done? Procharger lists a max speed of 62,000 rpm just curious where you are at.

For a street car with the intention of running in the hard tire no prep class I chose the D1x because of the predictable power curve and the thought that extra low end torque wouldn't be useable. The thought was I liked the extra top end potential over the d1sc so I had a little more room to grow when I have a forged bottom end. I had a bad head unit and it's back at procharger now so hopefully they get me taken care of in a reasonable time.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03

I hear what you're saying, but that doesn't jive with the graphs. Did you do anything else to the car at the same time that would impact traction? Is it possible the butt dyno isn't calibrated since it does make quite a bit more hp at the top of rev range and thats why it feels faster everywhere?
Old 12-14-2017, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I hear what you're saying, but that doesn't jive with the graphs. Did you do anything else to the car at the same time that would impact traction? Is it possible the butt dyno isn't calibrated since it does make quite a bit more hp at the top of rev range and thats why it feels faster everywhere?
Wondering about other changes as well. Is that just a straight 1 blower vs another comparison or did you do other things as well?
Old 12-14-2017, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

Wondering about other changes as well. Is that just a straight 1 blower vs another comparison or did you do other things as well?
We definitely need to know this info...I'd also like to see a boost level comparison between the two at each rpm 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000. It doesn't make sense to have lower air temps due to efficiency at the same or higher boost level with no other changes and not make more power every where. They also spun the motor to higher rpm on the D1x dyno that along with the change in curves almost looks like a cam change.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
I'm not sure if you posted already and I missed it, but how fast are you spinning the D1x at the time that dyno was done? Procharger lists a max speed of 62,000 rpm just curious where you are at.

For a street car with the intention of running in the hard tire no prep class I chose the D1x because of the predictable power curve and the thought that extra low end torque wouldn't be useable. The thought was I liked the extra top end potential over the d1sc so I had a little more room to grow when I have a forged bottom end. I had a bad head unit and it's back at procharger now so hopefully they get me taken care of in a reasonable time.
Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
We definitely need to know this info...I'd also like to see a boost level comparison between the two at each rpm 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000. It doesn't make sense to have lower air temps due to efficiency at the same or higher boost level with no other changes and not make more power every where. They also spun the motor to higher rpm on the D1x dyno that along with the change in curves almost looks like a cam change.
It’s spinning at around 59k.

No other changes were made. Headunit swap with same size pulley. This blower makes more up to so we raised the rev limiter and that’s it. I know my car and how it reacts, the powerband etc. The butt dyno is just fine. While hard to believe I know but like I said the dyno doesn’t tell the whole story. The old blower didn’t pull as high but never did it feel like it lacked any power up top cause it would pull just as hard.

Quick Reply: ProCharger Announces New & Upgraded D1X and P1X