Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P1SC1 Intake suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1SC1 Intake suggestions

Hello all, getting ready to install a P1SC1 with the twin intercooler set up on my 2000 SS. When checking to make sure I have all the parts I noticed that I don't have anything for the inlet side of the supercharger besides the hat that connects directly to the super. Was wondering if anyone has a good recommendation or if I should just buy the stock procharger inlet. I have heard of people using the truck inlet but I also read it can't be used with the twin intercoolers. Thanks for the help 👍
Old 02-28-2017, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So you have the F body blower hat from procharger you just need a filter and flex pipe ?

Also what by pass valve are you going to run.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by conan
So you have the F body blower hat from procharger you just need a filter and flex pipe ?

Also what by pass valve are you going to run.
Exactly. The flexpipe and filter is what is missing but I was wondering if there was an aftermarket setup that would flow better. I actually have a vortech mondo bov that came with the used kit I was planning on running. I have the stock bpv also if for whatever reason that would be better.

Last edited by Powers00SS; 02-28-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here is the filter I'm running... http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RF-1045

You'll need a piece of 3.5" pipe, go to a local exhaust shop and get a 3"-4" long scrap piece from them.

I would give bob from brute speed a call and see if he sells the flexible pipe of you could buy some 3.5" from summit racing or jegs. https://brutespeed.com/

Are you planning venting the bypass valve back into the blower hat or plugging that hole? Also do you drive this car in the rain ?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run a blox 4" velocity stack and filter directly on the front of my D1SC and it works great, makes more power than the stock intake and costs $40, if you can fit it i think it's the best option
Old 03-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Here is the filter I'm running... http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RF-1045

You'll need a piece of 3.5" pipe, go to a local exhaust shop and get a 3"-4" long scrap piece from them.

I would give bob from brute speed a call and see if he sells the flexible pipe of you could buy some 3.5" from summit racing or jegs. https://brutespeed.com/

Are you planning venting the bypass valve back into the blower hat or plugging that hole? Also do you drive this car in the rain ?
I feel like I've been asking Bob way too many questions already lol, he has always been very polite and prompt to respond though. I believe I found the procharger flex pipe , Here, and the recommended K&N air filter , Here. According to the specs, the filter on Bobs page is a bit bigger than the one you run so maybe that would be a better option? As far as the BPV goes I intended to run a Vortech Mondo BOV vented to the atmosphere and plugging the other holes but I do have the procharger BPV if that is a more efficient system. I try to stay out of the rain because I don't trust other drivers but it does see some Oregon rain on occasion.

Originally Posted by neverstop
I run a blox 4" velocity stack and filter directly on the front of my D1SC and it works great, makes more power than the stock intake and costs $40, if you can fit it i think it's the best option
If you run a filter right off the front of the charger where do you run your pcv hose that normally gets routed there? Also I'm not sure how much room there will be but I appreciate the suggestion. What filter are you running? I imagine it must need to be a relatively short on so it doesn't hit the fan shroud.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Powers00SS
I feel like I've been asking Bob way too many questions already lol, he has always been very polite and prompt to respond though. I believe I found the procharger flex pipe , Here, and the recommended K&N air filter , Here. According to the specs, the filter on Bobs page is a bit bigger than the one you run so maybe that would be a better option? As far as the BPV goes I intended to run a Vortech Mondo BOV vented to the atmosphere and plugging the other holes but I do have the procharger BPV if that is a more efficient system. I try to stay out of the rain because I don't trust other drivers but it does see some Oregon rain on occasion.

That's the tubing and that filter is a good choice too... The biggest one you can fit. You'll just need a piece of 3.5" pipe to attach the filter to the flex pipe.

I ask about the bypass hole because I added a second filter to the bypass hole. Picked up 1.5#'s of boost on my old 347ci with this little filter, but driving in a lot of rain would bother me with the placement of my filter.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Launching!

That's the tubing and that filter is a good choice too... The biggest one you can fit. You'll just need a piece of 3.5" pipe to attach the filter to the flex pipe.

I ask about the bypass hole because I added a second filter to the bypass hole. Picked up 1.5#'s of boost on my old 347ci with this little filter, but driving in a lot of rain would bother me with the placement of my filter.

That's funny you should say that about the hole where the bpv would normally go because I was thinking about doing the same thing lol.

Edit: Btw your car is clean.... too clean.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, she's a garage queen that only comes out on blue sky days. That's why I can get away with this small filter. I would plumb it up higher or into the wheel well with the other filter if I daily drove this in the weather.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Powers00SS

If you run a filter right off the front of the charger where do you run your pcv hose that normally gets routed there? Also I'm not sure how much room there will be but I appreciate the suggestion. What filter are you running? I imagine it must need to be a relatively short on so it doesn't hit the fan shroud.

Don't worry about that at all, I help whenever I can. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: P1SC1 Intake suggestions