Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read that it does, but customblackbird couldn't find anything on the procal software...
Old 03-17-2018, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgs74
I hope I don't have to get a coil harness extension because of this truck intake ,im sure they designed it for a shorter car intake, anybody care to confirm this?
IAT sensor will need an extension harness in that location. At least it did on my NNBS location. I decided not to cut the FItech harness and loose the warranty but you could easily cut and splice in some wire to extend it but I went with a 12” extension harness which really I only needed about 6” or so. FItech runs the IAT on the driver side with the ALT, TPS and IAC plugs so you have to loop it over or under the intake to get to the other side. You might be able to pull it through the loom and run it on the pass side and not need any extensions but seems like a lot of work since there technically isn’t a pass side harness except for the coil pack connector. The injector harnesses are seperate all together and thus not a part of the main harness until you connect which one your using.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mungface78
I've read that it does, but customblackbird couldn't find anything on the procal software...
true. I have yet to find anything nitrous related, no tables or activation tabs or even inputs in the harness. NOS would need an activation input into the harness otherwise how would the EFI know that it’s been activated through a normal harness? Not like the MAP or IAT or 02s will pick it up normally. It would need like a 12v input or a grounding trigger to let the ECM know... which the FItech doesn’t seem to have. Unless you can use it through the AC override or something.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
I've ran the wyntonm 60 before on a single s480 deal with same controller and it worked pretty good between comp housing and gate. I've been told manifold referencing is more consistent on these types of mbc so I'm gna try it. the gates hold pressure great and have no guide pressure loss like every other cheap gate out there
cool, I ordered the voodoo ceramic ball MBC and will be willing to see how it works as it’s a simple install. I run a 12psi spring but want to see what it does on the gate first. So I’ll get some base readings when it warms up... if it ever does. Then see what my max boost is and then try the MBC and see what it does. I can test it on a wyntom 60mm hate tho if I can figure out how to test it on a bench with no pressure on the valve. I’ve seen one video wher a guy puts pressure on the side and top which is the way to pressure test on a bench.... seems simple enough. Of course things like hotside pressure can be higher or less depending on the setup which will mess with the numbers slightly.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

do u know what day u ordered it I ordered mine on Tuesday, 3 days ago..they said it be here on 23rd....seems like yours was quicker....
I also ordered mine on Wednesday...3/14/18, at 8:07 PM. I just checked my conformation email. Did you order the 70051? I was surprised it showed so early also.

Another note. I installed most of mine last night. It states in the directions that it does not come with the ls2/3 pigtail and the ev6 connectors. Mine had them in the box. You have to buy a IAT sensor as it's speed density so no MAF sensor with AIT in it. And the TPS doesn't fit my stock 02c5z throttle body sensor. Other than that it is a great harness.

Took me all of about 2 hours to put it on my Fox mustang. Fit the car nicely. The plug fishes through the factory Fox firewall hole nicely too and the fuse box mounts behind the passenger strut tower like it was made for it.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dmracing
Isn’t the 70050 supposed to support nitrous?
According to my directions I got with my 70051...No. It states that the 70051 is a different wiring harness altogether with a 10 pin plug instead of 6. 2 fan outputs, a/c sensor wire and something else. It says that the 70051 in the only one that is Power Adder and has the extra wires to support it. I've clipped it all on my engine and poked in the floorboard of the car. Will be on that part of the install tonight

States power adder has 10 pin harness, air conditioning input, and a second fan relay driver.

Non power adder has 2x4 pin harness single fan relay and no a/c.

States that Power Adder hand held controller includes a program for nitrous that allows you to set a target a/f ratio when activatedc plus timing retard. Hope that helps.

Last edited by WTF?; 03-17-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by customblackbird

IAT sensor will need an extension harness in that location. At least it did on my NNBS location. I decided not to cut the FItech harness and loose the warranty but you could easily cut and splice in some wire to extend it but I went with a 12” extension harness which really I only needed about 6” or so. FItech runs the IAT on the driver side with the ALT, TPS and IAC plugs so you have to loop it over or under the intake to get to the other side. You might be able to pull it through the loom and run it on the pass side and not need any extensions but seems like a lot of work since there technically isn’t a pass side harness except for the coil pack connector. The injector harnesses are seperate all together and thus not a part of the main harness until you connect which one your using.
what is nnbs? And where did you get your iat extention I'd rather order it now and not have to hack my harness
Old 03-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Looks like spring here so I ran on hose today, shitty sound quality but it's a video lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Axdq8h...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-18-2018, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like spring here so I ran on hose today, shitty sound quality but it's a video lol

I can only imagine how it would sound early morning at the lake before all the campers wake up.....lol
Old 03-18-2018, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WTF?
I also ordered mine on Wednesday...3/14/18, at 8:07 PM. I just checked my conformation email. Did you order the 70051? I was surprised it showed so early also.

Another note. I installed most of mine last night. It states in the directions that it does not come with the ls2/3 pigtail and the ev6 connectors. Mine had them in the box. You have to buy a IAT sensor as it's speed density so no MAF sensor with AIT in it. And the TPS doesn't fit my stock 02c5z throttle body sensor. Other than that it is a great harness.

Took me all of about 2 hours to put it on my Fox mustang. Fit the car nicely. The plug fishes through the factory Fox firewall hole nicely too and the fuse box mounts behind the passenger strut tower like it was made for it.
no I got a 70050 bout 3hrs after you...so did it not plug into your factory gm TPS sensor, or did the supplied sensor not fit your throttle body,mine is just going onto 5.3 truck intake, but I would imagine the TPS sensor would be the same....
Old 03-18-2018, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

According to my directions I got with my 70051...No. It states that the 70051 is a different wiring harness altogether with a 10 pin plug instead of 6. 2 fan outputs, a/c sensor wire and something else. It says that the 70051 in the only one that is Power Adder and has the extra wires to support it. I've clipped it all on my engine and poked in the floorboard of the car. Will be on that part of the install tonight

States power adder has 10 pin harness, air conditioning input, and a second fan relay driver.

Non power adder has 2x4 pin harness single fan relay and no a/c.

States that Power Adder hand held controller includes a program for nitrous that allows you to set a target a/f ratio when activatedc plus timing retard. Hope that helps.
the 70050 is a stand-alone non tranny control harness. They are the same as the others and offer the full control for boost etc. the 70050 has the AC and dual fan control and essentially they are the same as the 750hp kit but just the harness and one single 02 sensor. I have yet to find anything in the software for nitrous control and the harness has no connections for nitrous activation.

It wouldnt bw the first time that FItech falsely advertised. The instructions also state that they have PWM for fuel pump is they have already stated doesn’t exist.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

what is nnbs? And where did you get your iat extention I'd rather order it now and not have to hack my harness
NNBS is the style of intake. The newer truck intakes that come with cathedral and the newer ports. They are essentially the same as the TTBS or trail blazer intakes. The best of the stock intakes. It has the larger 90mm TB opening but it’s 4 bolt. They make adapters to bolt your stock 78mm TB to it but I would say it’s not worth it... most gains will come from the larger TB so just get a WARR 92mm and be done.

Iat extension was a cheaper off eBay.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

no I got a 70050 bout 3hrs after you...so did it not plug into your factory gm TPS sensor, or did the supplied sensor not fit your throttle body,mine is just going onto 5.3 truck intake, but I would imagine the TPS sensor would be the same....
it will plug into all your factory sensors. Except the MAP which if they supplied then your golden. You might need to get an IAT extension but that’s about it.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

the 70050 is a stand-alone non tranny control harness. They are the same as the others and offer the full control for boost etc. the 70050 has the AC and dual fan control and essentially they are the same as the 750hp kit but just the harness and one single 02 sensor. I have yet to find anything in the software for nitrous control and the harness has no connections for nitrous activation.

It wouldnt bw the first time that FItech falsely advertised. The instructions also state that they have PWM for fuel pump is they have already stated doesn’t exist.
It states clearly in my manual that the 70050 does not support power adder and they are not the same harness. It also states that the 70050 doesn't have the nitrous program and the 70051 does. Your findings seem to support exactly what my manual says.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

it will plug into all your factory sensors. Except the MAP which if they supplied then your golden. You might need to get an IAT extension but that’s about it.
My 70051 does not plug into my factory LS6 TPS sensor or water temp sensor. If does however fit the TPS sensor on an extra truck intake I have. I will just swap it out.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

It does not fit my stock LS6 sensor. It does however fit a stock truck intake TPS sensor. It also came with EV1 to EV6 adapters, so you should be good. The only sensor mine came with was a genuine BOSCH 3bar map. Hope that helps.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Does your harness have a single black wire designated to ground for nitrous activation? The 70051 does. It says in the directions you can activate with 12v positive or ground toggled in the software.

I think it is a misconception that they are the same harness. My directions clearly state that they are not. And that the modules have different software. As this is the only one I have messed with, I cant say for sure. But my harness and your findings support my manual spot on.

I'm starting to wonder if there is basically a 500hp and 750hp type of these setups. Like a power adder and a non power adder. Look and see if you have the single black ground wire in your harness other than the ones that bolt to the back of the drivers side head. That will help us narrow this down.

Last edited by WTF?; 03-18-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Launching!

I can only imagine how it would sound early morning at the lake before all the campers wake up.....lol
Last boat got db tested and the ranger said it was quieter than bigblock boats with thru transom exhaust, but they check at idle

looks good!
Thanx bud appreciate your help along the way. I'll post lake testing vids soon to that YouTube profile.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

It states clearly in my manual that the 70050 does not support power adder and they are not the same harness. It also states that the 70050 doesn't have the nitrous program and the 70051 does. Your findings seem to support exactly what my manual says.
what manual is that? The manual I got talks about boost and nitrous that I got with my 70050 kit. Nowhere (not even on the FItech description or overview says anything about boost on the kit.

So just to sum sum it up the 70050 and 70051 are the same kit, same programming and same engine capabilities. The 70051 offers tranny control which the 70050 does not as well as the 2nd 02 sensor I believe... I can see the tranny software on the PCM of the 70050 kit but there is no harness which is all that is needed. FItech says you can upgrade to tranny control for $200 which is probably just the harness to make th connections. As I can literally see all the shift schedules etc on my pcm.

Fitech has already admitted that the 70050 and 70051 kits are the 750hp kit minus the intake/rails, injectors and all that. The harness and PCM are the exact same. And like I’ve stated the 70050 is the same as the 70051 minus the tranny harness. My harness has the trans connections (main harness DT connectors) so the tranny harness plugs right in and your all done.

So its hard to believe that the 70051 has different programming to allow nitrous. Seems like a lot more work for them to have specific PCMs for the two lineups. I think you should listen to me on this as I’ve basically figured the system out on my own with no help from FItech. Feel free to prove me wrong tho as i don’t have the 70051 kit in front of me to verify and we’re all here to learn.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051