Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by WTF?
Does your harness have a single black wire designated to ground for nitrous activation? The 70051 does. It says in the directions you can activate with 12v positive or ground toggled in the software.

I think it is a misconception that they are the same harness. My directions clearly state that they are not. And that the modules have different software. As this is the only one I have messed with, I cant say for sure. But my harness and your findings support my manual spot on.

I'm starting to wonder if there is basically a 500hp and 750hp type of these setups. Like a power adder and a non power adder. Look and see if you have the single black ground wire in your harness other than the ones that bolt to the back of the drivers side head. That will help us narrow this down.
i have to go check my harness but I don’t remember seeing the nitrous wire. Can you take a pic of the software area on procal that has the nitrous section?

I can for sure tell you the 70050 kit has power adder capabilities. My big spark table goes up to 250kpa and it has boost AFR tuning etc. I did not see anything for nitrous in the procal software but if that’s the only thing you get with the 70051 kit then for me it’s not really worth it.

I rememebr my harness having connections for the injector sub harness and left over DT connections for the tranny control, and the 2nd 02 sensor connector. That bundle of wires that provides fan control and tach signal etc I don’t rememeber seeing other than, fan 1+2, AC, tach, brake signal for tranny. But I will verify. It would be interesting to see if FItech really does have a different system for the 70050/70051 kits. It could also be a change that they have implemented in newer kits as my kit didn’t come with the bosch map sensor that they so kindly supply now.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

My 70051 does not plug into my factory LS6 TPS sensor or water temp sensor. If does however fit the TPS sensor on an extra truck intake I have. I will just swap it out.
yes it won’t. You guys need to pay attention to what’s said. The Ls6 sensor is just like the LS1 sensor aka old truck map sensor (1 bar). The FItech comes with an LS3 style map sensor which won’t plug into it. You need an LS3 style sensor or a harness adapter. Newer trucks will come with the newer sensors but the 99-05 (dunno the end year) will still have the older sensors.

whatever you do... do not plug the LS1 style map sensors into the FItech harness. DO NOT use any map sensor besides the bosch supplied with the kit or the GM LS9 map sensor as they are 3 bar. If you put a 1-2-2.5 or anything else besides a 3 bar the Engine will not run right as the pcm calibration and sensor voltages will be off. You need to match the sensor to the pcm calibration. You could run a 1 bar but you would need to figure out the scaling and data in the pcm and it’s not like hp tuners.

Basically just run the bosch or the LS9 and call it a day. It will read fun in NA applications.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep no nitrous control at all, I'm sure all it does is correct afr on nitrous like your basic stock ecu would. Was kinda disappointed it didn't at least have a nitrous activation circuit for wot output, I could've used it on a timer for other functions
Old 03-18-2018, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by customblackbird

yes it won’t. You guys need to pay attention to what’s said. The Ls6 sensor is just like the LS1 sensor aka old truck map sensor (1 bar). The FItech comes with an LS3 style map sensor which won’t plug into it. You need an LS3 style sensor or a harness adapter. Newer trucks will come with the newer sensors but the 99-05 (dunno the end year) will still have the older sensors.

whatever you do... do not plug the LS1 style map sensors into the FItech harness. DO NOT use any map sensor besides the bosch supplied with the kit or the GM LS9 map sensor as they are 3 bar. If you put a 1-2-2.5 or anything else besides a 3 bar the Engine will not run right as the pcm calibration and sensor voltages will be off. You need to match the sensor to the pcm calibration. You could run a 1 bar but you would need to figure out the scaling and data in the pcm and it’s not like hp tuners.

Basically just run the bosch or the LS9 and call it a day. It will read fun in NA applications.
Ok, well guys, I purchased the 70051 and other than the LS6 TPS sensor....It works fine, plugs in, has boost and nitrous setup, trans control, LS3 cam pigtail, ev6 injector harness, genuine Bosch 3bar map, and everything. Whether it is the same as the 70050 I don't know. From the issues others are having I would say definitely not.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

what manual is that? The manual I got talks about boost and nitrous that I got with my 70050 kit. Nowhere (not even on the FItech description or overview says anything about boost on the kit.

So just to sum sum it up the 70050 and 70051 are the same kit, same programming and same engine capabilities. The 70051 offers tranny control which the 70050 does not as well as the 2nd 02 sensor I believe... I can see the tranny software on the PCM of the 70050 kit but there is no harness which is all that is needed. FItech says you can upgrade to tranny control for $200 which is probably just the harness to make th connections. As I can literally see all the shift schedules etc on my pcm.

Fitech has already admitted that the 70050 and 70051 kits are the 750hp kit minus the intake/rails, injectors and all that. The harness and PCM are the exact same. And like I’ve stated the 70050 is the same as the 70051 minus the tranny harness. My harness has the trans connections (main harness DT connectors) so the tranny harness plugs right in and your all done.

So its hard to believe that the 70051 has different programming to allow nitrous. Seems like a lot more work for them to have specific PCMs for the two lineups. I think you should listen to me on this as I’ve basically figured the system out on my own with no help from FItech. Feel free to prove me wrong tho as i don’t have the 70051 kit in front of me to verify and we’re all here to learn.
well I will take your word for it........you seem to be very knowledgeable about the fitech, and now I'm learning some...thx
Old 03-19-2018, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what manual is that? The manual I got talks about boost and nitrous that I got with my 70050 kit. Nowhere (not even on the FItech description or overview says anything about boost on the kit.

So just to sum sum it up the 70050 and 70051 are the same kit, same programming and same engine capabilities. The 70051 offers tranny control which the 70050 does not as well as the 2nd 02 sensor I believe... I can see the tranny software on the PCM of the 70050 kit but there is no harness which is all that is needed. FItech says you can upgrade to tranny control for $200 which is probably just the harness to make th connections. As I can literally see all the shift schedules etc on my pcm.

Fitech has already admitted that the 70050 and 70051 kits are the 750hp kit minus the intake/rails, injectors and all that. The harness and PCM are the exact same. And like I’ve stated the 70050 is the same as the 70051 minus the tranny harness. My harness has the trans connections (main harness DT connectors) so the tranny harness plugs right in and your all done.

So its hard to believe that the 70051 has different programming to allow nitrous. Seems like a lot more work for them to have specific PCMs for the two lineups. I think you should listen to me on this as I’ve basically figured the system out on my own with no help from FItech. Feel free to prove me wrong tho as i don’t have the 70051 kit in front of me to verify and we’re all here to learn.
do you think that the second o2 sensor he is talking about could be the a.f.r sensor?
Old 03-19-2018, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dawgs74
do you think that the second o2 sensor he is talking about could be the a.f.r sensor?
does anyone know if the fitech supplied map sensor fit in ls1 smaller map hole?
Old 03-20-2018, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm starting to wonder if there is basically a 500hp and 750hp type of these setups.......
Isnt the 70001 exactly that? ...Ultimate LS, Power Adder. But 500 hp version.

Regarding the 750 kits, between the two versions available (70050 and 051) the only difference is the transmission capability of the 051 kit.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:43 PM
Launching!

The fitech supplied map is in fact 3bar and I tested the map output on screen vs gauge . Have a new cord coming for laptop, I'll play with boost map next wk and try and get a vid

Old 03-30-2018, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mungface78
dmracing, have you took her for a drive yet?
So my 70050 came in today, is there a trick in getting these plugs to work on my stock truck injectors. ...doesn't seem like they wanna clip....also i only have four fuel injection plugs...are the other for on a separate harness that summit forgot to pack? I called summit and the girl said they would ship the other four plugs (harness) is there a separate harness for the other half of the injectors and does it plug in....im not cutting this harness, i will send it back and have the ship me another....should I start installing it or should I send it back NOW!
Old 03-30-2018, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 98 Likes on 75 Posts

So my 70050 came in today, is there a trick in getting these plugs to work on my stock truck injectors. ...doesn't seem like they wanna clip....also i only have four fuel injection plugs...are the other for on a separate harness that summit forgot to pack? I called summit and the girl said they would ship the other four plugs (harness) is there a separate harness for the other half of the injectors and does it plug in....im not cutting this harness, i will send it back and have the ship me another....should I start installing it or should I send it back NOW!
I wouldn't install that until you got the injector harness figured out. Is there a wiring diagram for the harnesses on their website?? Is there another plug on your harness that says injectors?? Seems a bit odd you'd only get the 4 on a v8 engine
Old 03-30-2018, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

That doesn’t look right. My 70050 kit had 4 seperate injector harnesses, two EV1 and two EV6. They plugged into the main harness via a single detusch connector. My tps, IAC and alt was a apart of the main harness and not loomed together with the main harness.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That doesn’t look right. My 70050 kit had 4 seperate injector harnesses, two EV1 and two EV6. They plugged into the main harness via a single detusch connector. My tps, IAC and alt was a apart of the main harness and not loomed together with the main harness.
What about this map sensor plug....do the come with an adapter cause i didn't get one......
Yep just 4 ev1 plugs that wont even clip onto my truck injectors, i dont even see where to plug in the ev6 adapters. ....i think im gonna box this back up and send it back.....went from jegs to being back ordered a monthh out so i went to summit and 3 days later i get this.......i cant get a break....i just want my damn hoopty running again!!!!!
Old 03-30-2018, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What about this map sensor plug....do the come with an adapter cause i didn't get one......
Yep just 4 ev1 plugs that wont even clip onto my truck injectors, i dont even see where to plug in the ev6 adapters. ....i think im gonna box this back up and send it back.....went from jegs to being back ordered a monthh out so i went to summit and 3 days later i get this.......i cant get a break....i just want my damn hoopty running again!!!!!
are ford ev1 plugs the same.....I think thats a Ford map sensor plug...
Old 03-30-2018, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does the MAP plug have 4 pins? The map should have 3 pins. The FItech comes with a 3 bar map sensor from what people are telling me now... mine did not but that was over 6months ago. I just got FItech map sensor in the mail bc I called and requested it since my GM map is reading alittle
high. It’s hard to see in the pic but it looks like 4 pins.

The fitech map harness does not come with an adapter, it’s designed To work with the LS3 MAP sensor (3 bar) and be plug and play.

Stock truck injectors are not EV1. Early LS1 was EV1 and newer truck and car run the EV6. The early trucks were a mini tech timer style and unique to just the trucks. You will need to match the injector to the harness or get adapters.

The injector harnesses should be seperate from the main harness, or at least it was on mine/version I have. If they have changed it and just run EV1 connections and it’s part of the main harness then I would not be super happy with that, but you will just need the adapters from the EV1 to your Injectors which you haven’t posted a pic of.

Are you capable/qualified to be doing this type of work/mod?
Old 03-30-2018, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

are ford ev1 plugs the same.....I think thats a Ford map sensor plug...
EV1 is EV1.... doesn’t matter the brand. Ford EV1 will plug into GM and viseversa.

Why would they put a ford MAP sensor plug on a GM LS EFI harness? I think your just confused bc your stock MAP is prob a LS1 style and the harness has a LS3 plug. You need the LS3 sensor and you need to run a 3 bar. Get the bosch one from FItech that the kits come with supposedly now. Put anything but the GM style LS3 3 bar and it won’t run right. You can run a 1 or 2 bar but you need to figure out the MAP value and reprogram the PCM... there’s a formula in the procal software but it’s not easy to understand and thus I just run a 3 bar and not worry about it.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

does anyone know if the fitech supplied map sensor fit in ls1 smaller map hole?
nope. Just got one. Same as my GM acdelco and it’s much larger. You have to drill the stock hole out to like .500”.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

AFR stands for air fuel ratio. The 2nd connector should look just like the one labeled driver as the 02. The 2nd one will not be labeled or it wasn’t on my kit. All the kits come with dual 02 plugs in the harness but the 70050 only comes with 1 sensor and you leave the 2nd alone unless you need to run 2 sensors.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Back to summit it goes.......i wrote on the packing list what items needed to be addressed hopefully they get it right!!!!
Does the MAP plug have 4 pins? The map should have 3 pins. The FItech comes with a 3 bar map sensor from what people are telling me now... mine did not but that was over 6months ago. I just got FItech map sensor in the mail bc I called and requested it since my GM map is reading alittle
high. It’s hard to see in the pic but it looks like 4 pins.

The fitech map harness does not come with an adapter, it’s designed To work with the LS3 MAP sensor (3 bar) and be plug and play.

Stock truck injectors are not EV1. Early LS1 was EV1 and newer truck and car run the EV6. The early trucks were a mini tech timer style and unique to just the trucks. You will need to match the injector to the harness or get adapters.

The injector harnesses should be seperate from the main harness, or at least it was on mine/version I have. If they have changed it and just run EV1 connections and it’s part of the main harness then I would not be super happy with that, but you will just need the adapters from the EV1 to your Injectors which you haven’t posted a pic of.

Are you capable/qualified to be doing this type of work/mod?
I hope so.....but I did not know of this injector talk you speak of .....it old 2001....heres a pic Yea they are small.....
Old 03-30-2018, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Back to summit it goes.......i wrote on the packing list what items needed to be addressed hopefully they get it right!!!!

I hope so.....but I did not know of this injector talk you speak of .....it old 2001....heres a pic Yea they are small.....
yes it came with China 4 pin bosch map sensor with ls9 style hole and o-ring

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051