Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by customblackbird

did you try the GM sensor? My FItech bosch sensor reads correctly with E0KO but in boost it was reading 1psi less than both my innovate boost gauge and the AEM truboost. Swapped it out for the GM LS9 and it works and reads perfect, it does read 112kpa EOKO but the vacuum reading and boost both correlate to my boost/vacuum gauges. I haven’t had any issues with mine just some minor tweaks and I want to say I’ve put on 500miles and all of them are beating the heck out of it so lots of boost pulls every time I take the car out.

I would be looking at the sensor, the wiring for a loose connection etc. I couldn’t understand your comment about the gauge also fluctuating? So you MaP sensor and your boost gauge (seperate) are both showing fluctuations in boost? Sounds like a dead spot almost or mechanical? Valve springs? Lifters? Are u getting knock in the boost fluctuations?
I own a gm map but back when I tested the two , the fitech read correctly so I ran it. I'm certainly not opposed to trying the gm map next time out for sure, good idea. It's gta btr stage 3 cam kit, shouldnt have any trouble there. Definitely efi related, the motor runs great in boost till it gets to my peak setting then it just bounces 2lbs either way. Talked to Arnie Pamment and his is doing the same and his logs show the map sensor bouncing. I see it on the dashboard when big gauges are displayed and im looking at boost/lh afr/rh afr/timing. Timing/afr are pretty solid, but boost number bounces around like the gauge in dash. It does the bounce wether peak level is set at 12lbs or 22lbs, doesn't matter just has to be wot and it'll do it
Old 09-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by E85falcon
I also have the gm map sensor and mine reads correct..I'm running 11.5 psi and it's consistent and steady.
neither of you guys touched the map offset chart , just plugged the gm map in and ran it?

test I did on the gm awhile back::

Old 09-05-2018, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
I own a gm map but back when I tested the two , the fitech read correctly so I ran it. I'm certainly not opposed to trying the gm map next time out for sure, good idea. It's gta btr stage 3 cam kit, shouldnt have any trouble there. Definitely efi related, the motor runs great in boost till it gets to my peak setting then it just bounces 2lbs either way. Talked to Arnie Pamment and his is doing the same and his logs show the map sensor bouncing. I see it on the dashboard when big gauges are displayed and im looking at boost/lh afr/rh afr/timing. Timing/afr are pretty solid, but boost number bounces around like the gauge in dash. It does the bounce wether peak level is set at 12lbs or 22lbs, doesn't matter just has to be wot and it'll do it
Gotcha. Also I'm not sure If its been covered but are you running on WG spring pressure or a MBC or EBC? Ive read alot about running higher WG springs to get more boost but what happens is you get fluctuating boost in in the top end. Due to the higher spring pressure and the WG trying to regulate boost. Its better to run a lower spring pressure and a MBC or EBC to get your target boost, faster spool and a level boost. But Ive also read that incorrect EBC settings can affect boost output and get fluctuations. I run a 12psi spring which nets me 6psi (electric cutout closed) and 8-8.5psi (electric cutout open) and the truboost EBC gets me 10psi with or without the cutout closed/open and i have been up to 15psi with no fluctuations. I can almost bet that your WG springs are causing the fluctuations. But from you saying if its set from 12 - 22psi that it does it makes it sound like your already using an EBC.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
neither of you guys touched the map offset chart , just plugged the gm map in and ran it?

test I did on the gm awhile back::

https://youtu.be/Ga-Vhfz9etU
I originally messed with the NEG offset to bring my 112kpa EOKO reading back down to 100kpa, but that resulted in a non accurate boost reading. I set it back to stock settings and the LS9 MAP reads 112kpa but its fluctuates the 12kpa on the screen (very weird) but I used a compressor to test the boost gauge and the MAP and set it to 10psi, the MAP read the correct KPA 171 which converts to 10psi and the boost gauge showed 10psi. The bosch MAP sensor read something like 9psi or slightly lower when the boost gauge read 10psi (i manually checked the boost gauge with a pressure gauge for accuracy). My boost gauge (innovate PSB1) has a max boost recall and so does my EBC AEMtruboost so I manually check max boost readings from both before shutting the engine down. Then I verify MAX boost in the log and they match up (LS9 MAP, stock settings). The KPA at idle was slightly higher with the LS9 sensor over the Bosch MAP. But the weird thing is now look at gauges not under dashboard, but under basic sensors, I also don't datalog under "dashboard" as it only shows MAP KPA, now I do logs under "basic sensors" which shows everything dashboard has but Vacuum/boost in the log and on the handheld in real time. I verified the LS9 MAP is reading correctly at idle as well as I can video tape the gauges together and verify accuracy.

I would swap the LS9 in, leave stock settings and look at the accuracy with the engine running in basic senors under datalogging. If you have a boost gauge that does vacuum you will be able to verify accuracy in real time.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Ok I'll definitely pop the gm sensor into intake tonite when I get home, worth a try if nothing else ! Its not gate related, I've tested them and they're working great, sealed up great and I've added 10lb springs to both , the issue was still there, just higher boost level of course. I run a halman style mbc that is working great, I'm happy with it and have used the same brand and type in the past , got solid steady levels.
talked with Arnie and he is using the fitech sensor too, maybe that's it.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Default Brake wire

I feel like this is a stupid question.
The wire that is labeled “brake” does it get spliced into my brake light wiring. And what’s it for.

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subbed. Great stuff!
Old 10-17-2018, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

OK guys, a few questions-never dreamed this thread would grow this big, lol.
I ended up using the Holly HP since there orig wasn't much info, but starting a new project,
might try the 70051.
Those using it, would you buy it again after using it.
Has it been reliable
Are most of the problems just setup problems
Does the trans control have the ability to use a paddle shifter, usually 2 wires
for up/down shifting. (Manuel mode)
I will be running a small turbo, does it work with boost OK
Thanks guys
Old 10-17-2018, 08:34 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The Fitech LS systems are designed to function exactly like a GM PCM. It has controls for trans, A/C, alternator and dual cooling fans. As such, it has no used definable inputs and outputs for anything such as trans shifting.

There are many people on the FB group using these systems with turbos and most report good results.

There have been a few with issues, it's often user error and they get straightened out. One guy had a bad harness and he didn't have the patience to work it out with Fitech so he gave up, returned it and went with something else.

Fitech has pretty sketchy support, sometimes long waits, sometimes they're clueless. But sometimes you'll get through quick to one of the better people.

It's a good system and works pretty well.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:16 AM
Teching In

I've been running a twin turbo setup for a few months now. I'm running a powerglide so I can't talk about the transmission. I've been pretty happy with it so far, I've had a rich tipin that I've been fighting with but it's livable for the money difference. Mine is just a street car, when it cools off I'll try the track. I'm at 12 psi now.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

���� thinking about getting this setup but can you run nitrous with it
Old 11-24-2018, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Yes you can.....just get it.....think about it....every time you do a mod....you won't have to pay $$$$ a tuner to re flash it.....you simply connect the hand held and change calibrations accordingly, best of all you can use on gen 3 or gen 4 motors....get it...I got 2...with no problems from either one
Old 11-24-2018, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok thanks a lot
Old 11-24-2018, 11:07 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jaywill
���� thinking about getting this setup but can you run nitrous with it
There are no inputs or outputs that would connect to the ECM to tell it you're using Nitrous. There are no user definable inputs or outputs.

This system is designed to emulate how a GM LS PCM works.

Last edited by Paul Bell; 11-25-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by paul bell
there are no inputs or outputs that would connect to the ecm to tell it you're using nitrous. There are no user definable inputs or outputs.

This system is designed to emulate how a gm ls pcm works.
gotcha !
Old 12-17-2018, 08:12 PM
Teching In

I just wanted to give an update on mine, I went to the track for the first time and I ran 14 psi. I lifted a touch early on the first pass as you can see in the MPH

2nd pass

Old 12-17-2018, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by E85falcon
I just wanted to give an update on mine, I went to the track for the first time and I ran 14 psi. I lifted a touch early on the first pass as you can see in the MPH

2nd pass
nice Passes
Old 01-14-2019, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the 70051 for my ‘86 Cutlass and will start the install this weekend. I’m using an ‘06 Silverado 5.3. Since the FITech harness includes EV1 or EV6 injector harnesses Will I need injector adapters? I think the ‘06 5.3 has Multec2 injectors but I can’t get to the engine until Friday

if I do need adapters where can I get them?
Old 01-15-2019, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jweb
I just got the 70051 for my ‘86 Cutlass and will start the install this weekend. I’m using an ‘06 Silverado 5.3. Since the FITech harness includes EV1 or EV6 injector harnesses Will I need injector adapters? I think the ‘06 5.3 has Multec2 injectors but I can’t get to the engine until Friday

if I do need adapters where can I get them?
Texas speed, Racetronix, Amazon, eBay
Old 01-15-2019, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91 Z28
Texas speed, Racetronix, Amazon, eBay
Hopefully these are correct. Most adapters seem to go the other way
Injector Adapters

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051