Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Moser 9 inch with Wavetrac?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 9 inch with Wavetrac?

Anyone using this rear end with a 1000 HP or more? Do u like it and is it holding up to high HP? Thanks for any info. Bill
Old 06-11-2017, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Nobody using this rear end i take it. Spool it is then!! I know what i have with a spool.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's Sunday. Most guys at the track or having family time. Try to wait awhile before flipping out over no replies.

wave track is a good posi. Depends.on usage. Spool is stronger. You doing mostly street then wave track. Mostly track then spool. What is your usage like. What manners does your vehicle need.
The following users liked this post:
Coy (09-28-2023)
Old 06-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver2
Anyone using this rear end with a 1000 HP or more? Do u like it and is it holding up to high HP? Thanks for any info. Bill
Maybe its just that nobody knows how to reply to this.

Are you questioning strength of the Moser 9", or the Wavetrac?
People that see this thinking you're questioning the 9" itself probably won't even bother to reply.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

9" with wavetrac in my buick for fourth year. still holding up well.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

I have a Wavetrac in my Fab 9". I bought it in 2010. No issues yet.

Have made 1240HP to the tire on the dyno and have also backed up the power numbers on the track. Been in the 8.30's and 165+mph with it at over 3600lbs.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Only ERO's
I have a Wavetrac in my Fab 9". I bought it in 2010. No issues yet.

Have made 1240HP to the tire on the dyno and have also backed up the power numbers on the track. Been in the 8.30's and 165+mph with it at over 3600lbs.
Thats what i was looking for.. Thanks
Old 06-12-2017, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, my buddy broke his at 700 wheel, stick car
Old 06-12-2017, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Over 800 to the wheels for almost 3 years now with some shitty low 10s at the track. No noise or any other issues. Chose that over a spool because its a street car
Old 06-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Launching!

I dont have the power (yet) that you are asking about, but my plan is 800-1k hp here in a few months. I knew my car was 99% street, so a few years back I went with the 9" with wavetrac, and have loved it so far. I guess here in a few months will be the real test.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive had one for 3 years, 900whp, 9 sec car at 3850lbs. NO issues at all, love it.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by lmt0705
What broke ?

I've an 8.8" Wavetrac, although it doesnt see much proper drag use and other than it still spinning one wheel on tighter corners, it's been fine.
Nice strong looking piece.

Only time it would see higher power with grip on mine is for speed/distance type events.

I changed to the Wavetrac after I broke the old Ford Racing Torsen I'd been using for several years. Nobody seems to make a proper LSD for the damn things.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lmt0705
Mine did one wheel peels at the track, same power and with a stick as well. Autotech couldn't find anything wrong with it but they still updated it with the new springs and gears as well as replaced the case. When they say lifetime warranty, they mean it.

Your friend needs to give them a call.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Back at the old EPP shop we broke the first 9 inch Wavetrac in a customer's GTO in 2008 or 2009. An engineer from Autotech called me about it and then went and redesigned it immediately. Autotech stands behind the Wavetrac. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-13-2017, 01:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Back at the old EPP shop we broke the first 9 inch Wavetrac in a customer's GTO in 2008 or 2009. An engineer from Autotech called me about it and then went and redesigned it immediately. Autotech stands behind the Wavetrac. Bob
Do they not have a lifetime warranty on them ? Not sure what it really covers though.

Certainly doesnt cover the fact these do still allow one wheel to spin on tight corners etc despite their claims of preloaded friction plates inside.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

WAVETRAC® Differential Limited Lifetime Warranty

Wavetrac® Differential Lifetime Warranty:
Autotech Driveline warrants each new Wavetrac® Differential against defects in manufacture, material, workmanship, and wear-out when used in the vehicle application for which it was originally designed, on any motor vehicle, under any and all operating conditions, including racing, for as long as the original purchaser or any subsequent purchaser owns the differential. The registrant must present a copy of this warranty together with a copy
of the original receipt to the service outlet or parts store from whom the differential was originally purchased when making a claim for replacement or repair. All warranty claims submitted must include proof of purchase.
Failure to provide proper documentation renders warranty null and void.

Exclusion from Warranty Coverage:
The warranty does not apply to any Wavetrac® Differential which (a) has been improperly installed, installed in vehicles for which it was not designated, (b) has been modified or altered by the actual user or dealer
or distributor, (c) has been improperly assembled by the purchaser or his agent, (d) has been operated in Shockproof® oil, or (e) was not sold by Autotech Driveline or through an authorized Autotech Driveline dealer or distributor.

Autotech Driveline's Obligation:
Autotech Driveline's obligation under this warranty is limited to replacement or repair of the defective or worn-out differential at its sole discretion. Autotech Driveline has no obligation to bear any labor or other costs of return, removal and/or installation and will not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including loss of use of the
vehicle. Some states do not allow the exclusion of limited or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.

Warranty Claim Procedures:
Contact Autotech Driveline at 29 Journey, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-3333
USA tel (949) 362-8700 for specific instructions.

Rights of Purchaser:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Do they not have a lifetime warranty on them ? Not sure what it really covers though.

Certainly doesnt cover the fact these do still allow one wheel to spin on tight corners etc despite their claims of preloaded friction plates inside.
You should get in touch with them, if you haven't already. Bob

Old 06-13-2017, 04:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
You should get in touch with them, if you haven't already. Bob
Before ordering it...I made them aware of my use and concenrns as to my usage. They said they could fit the unit with steel plates instead of carbon which would reduce further the chances of one wheel spinning, but these wear out faster. I said great, lets do this, I dont do a lot of miles so that isnt a problem. But send over a spare couple of sets of plates too as they're cheap.

So, ordered from their UK stockist...who were ******* morons as they didnt have stock at all. Waited...waited...waited, and eventually it arrived.

With spare ******* carbon plates.

Seemingly they do not offer steel plates for my specific model. Nice of them to tell me after I purchased.

So needless to say I'm not a bit happy with that aspect, nor their UK re=seller.

But that aside, for straight line stuff it is a nice unit, it looks strong etc and has worked fine for me so far
Old 06-13-2017, 04:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Before ordering it...I made them aware of my use and concenrns as to my usage. They said they could fit the unit with steel plates instead of carbon which would reduce further the chances of one wheel spinning, but these wear out faster. I said great, lets do this, I dont do a lot of miles so that isnt a problem. But send over a spare couple of sets of plates too as they're cheap.

So, ordered from their UK stockist...who were ******* morons as they didnt have stock at all. Waited...waited...waited, and eventually it arrived.

With spare ******* carbon plates.

Seemingly they do not offer steel plates for my specific model. Nice of them to tell me after I purchased.

So needless to say I'm not a bit happy with that aspect, nor their UK re=seller.

But that aside, for straight line stuff it is a nice unit, it looks strong etc and has worked fine for me so far

That's too bad, all the way around... Bob

Old 06-13-2017, 05:30 PM
9 Second Club

And I guess regarding any warranty....anyone buying a 9" for one of these GM cars etc.

That would fall foul of not being used in the vehicle it was intended for, so assume no warranty at all ?

Same for my own car, although I never expect to have any warranty with such parts anyway

Quick Reply: Moser 9 inch with Wavetrac?