Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408-VSR Billet 80 Nova first track outing

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by slowlsx
Yea it's pretty high, I'm about to upgrade. It's a ladder bar car but has cheap comp shocks on all 4 corners. This track is actually shitty, I'm headed to Our better 1/8 track tonight hoping for some 6.teens at worse
Hey another local Houstonian here, what do you like about hmp over rpr? Last time I went to hmp it was a **** hole over crowded with lots of ghetto *** mfr's crowding the lanes. Maybe it's better now? If so I'd love to try a run there.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Hey another local Houstonian here, what do you like about hmp over rpr? Last time I went to hmp it was a **** hole over crowded with lots of ghetto *** mfr's crowding the lanes. Maybe it's better now? If so I'd love to try a run there.
RPR prep is not very good on fridays, HMP prep is probably just as bad on fridays. but on sunday HMP is slicks and radials only so the prep is much better. HMP is still pretty ghetto tho lol
Old 08-14-2017, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cwarta
do you think the backpressure issues will be because of pipe size? Or because of the mufflers?
honestly i think a combination of both, have two mufflers and exhaust that goes all the way to the rear bumper.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Good to know, Sunday's work better for me anyways so I'll probably give it a shot.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Made a few hits this Sunday but no new Best. I am running a cheap eboost street which only has two stages of boost and I'm only able to control how soon the the gate opens which dictates how boost comes in. I put the 1st stage on the brake but problem is I have hydroboost so if you notice the brake lights stay on probably the whole 60" so I'm around 7-8psi the whole 60" till 2nd stage comes in. I'm going to put the 1st stage on the 2 step instead of the brake so the boost comes in quicker.

All in all I drove 80+ miles round trip to the track and didn't break nothing so I was happy.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet nova ....what are you running for suspension? Sit nice en low!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by slowlsx
Made a few hits this Sunday but no new Best. I am running a cheap eboost street which only has two stages of boost and I'm only able to control how soon the the gate opens which dictates how boost comes in. I put the 1st stage on the brake but problem is I have hydroboost so if you notice the brake lights stay on probably the whole 60" so I'm around 7-8psi the whole 60" till 2nd stage comes in. I'm going to put the 1st stage on the 2 step instead of the brake so the boost comes in quicker.

All in all I drove 80+ miles round trip to the track and didn't break nothing so I was happy.

https://youtu.be/92JWrhtq3Tw

could you just just adjust your brake light switch out some so it doesn't do that? I'm installing hydro boost also on my nova and you have me worried lol
Old 08-18-2017, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cwarta
could you just just adjust your brake light switch out some so it doesn't do that? I'm installing hydro boost also on my nova and you have me worried lol
Probably could but I don't know how quick it will release. I'm putting a transbrake on the car this weekend so the boost controller and 2 step will hook up to my trans brake button.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 AM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

I think it looks good. It's a learning curve driving and setting these cars up for sure.
Get some more boost in it down low, see if that doesn't stick the tires better.

Maybe study ladder bar set ups to. There are some adjustments that can be done. Tons of info out there on that.

275 pros? What air pressure?

We are running our 408 upwards of 24 psi. Yours will really come to life with more boost.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
I think it looks good. It's a learning curve driving and setting these cars up for sure.
Get some more boost in it down low, see if that doesn't stick the tires better.

Maybe study ladder bar set ups to. There are some adjustments that can be done. Tons of info out there on that.

275 pros? What air pressure?

We are running our 408 upwards of 24 psi. Yours will really come to life with more boost.

Yup that's for sure and it's even harder with a BS eboost street with no real capability of boost ramp, you can only tell the gate when to start opening so that slows the curve down.

I was running 17psi cold on 275 pros which is probably too high for the poor prep. I have been looking at ladder bar stuff and might make some changes.

I definitely plan to turn it up next that time out, it's down for transbrake and bigger intercooler since my Inlet temps were thru the roof. I'm limited to 15-16 since I run a 2 bar map hoping to run a 5.90 @ 117+ I'll probably need to attend to my fuel system if I want to run any more boost then that.

Quick Reply: 408-VSR Billet 80 Nova first track outing