Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

blow thru carb on ls

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blow thru carb on ls

i was wondering if some one has done a blow thru carb on a 6.0 ls and how the performance vrs efi
Old 08-20-2017, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

I had CSU build one for me, I ran a Procharger, car always ran flawless-I will tell you, the blowthru carb (I had a bunch on sb/BB's) was a piece of cake compared to learning FI, lol-More expensive, but I like the FI, esp with all the controls avail. But I would have no problem running a BT again.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think at this point any set up can work well. It depends on how futuristic you want to be. I mean people choose to go EFI for a reason.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Teching In

I have been running a blow thru for 3 years never had a problem. I have a afr gage and have really can say it runs great, so simple for me to control timming with the msd controller. It is a ly6 in a s10 and csu carb . Iam sure their are other companies that do them also but just keep it alittle rich and ajust your timming and boost . I have manual boost controller stock motor except valve springs and cam been to 15 # boost and also have bump into 9s at 135 mph 1/4 . My biggest complant is when i turn off the truck for 5 m or more i think it dripping some gas and seems too flood a little , on the other hand starts great cold but efi may be better in the long run for some people it really according to what you want to do if you can tun the efi its great too. Iam a little old school but performance is their in blow thru also
Old 08-24-2017, 05:58 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you can build your own on the cheap... I have done a few now with really good results.
Pick up one of these .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-Demon...714628?vxp=mtr

Look here .. http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

and here .. http://www.hotrod.com/articles/build-blow-carb-less-50/
Old 08-24-2017, 06:20 AM
Launching!

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

I've ran blow through also on an ly6 and it works well.... I also have the same issue with the carb flooding a little bit after sitting a while but it's not really a deal breaker for me. It is very easy to tune and is not a hassle with a bunch of tables.... I will say if you are going to do blow through send your carb out or buy one from Csu. The key to the whole set up is the carb being set up properly. Kevin from Csu made life easy and it was spot on and had to make minimal changes..... if you do the hangar deal expect some headaches.... been mid 10s at 130 on 9 psi .... if I ever switch it will be fitech or one of those new holley deals
Old 08-24-2017, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

If the carbs are flooding after shutdown its probably because the High speed bleeds are plugged, that can cause a siphon.

You could try putting the smallest bleed in around .020. you will probably need to correct with a primary/ secondary main change or the PV but it wont siphon any more.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Hey I can sell you a good used Demon I also bought from jegs, set up for blow thru if you like ran it a while it ran good just had my csu rebuilt and it seems too be better at riching up at higher boost levels but up too 10 # it worked well cant remember what demon said about how much boost , look it up if you are interested not sure what I want for it but may sell it good having a spare sometimes Rocky 912 552 4105 tex or call
Old 08-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tittan1500
If the carbs are flooding after shutdown its probably because the High speed bleeds are plugged, that can cause a siphon.

You could try putting the smallest bleed in around .020. you will probably need to correct with a primary/ secondary main change or the PV but it wont siphon any more.
No they are not blocked but are very small..... it's only when the engine gets hot then sits .... guessing heat soak issue and may try coating intake over winter

Quick Reply: blow thru carb on ls