Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Incon TT LS6 - Scavenge Pump Died, Oil Everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Incon TT LS6 - Scavenge Pump Died, Oil Everywhere

As the title says - scavenge pump died, had 2-3 miles to limp back home. Filled turbos, charge pipes, likely intercoolers, butt pipe, MAF, TB, intake with oil. What is the best way to clean all this out?? Haven't pulled plugs yet but I imagine they are coated also.

Long time member, but haven't posted on here in YEARS. Appreciate any and all help!

- Dug

Last edited by dugtt; 08-20-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laquer thinner for everything but the MAF. Use MAF cleaner for it.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Laquer thinner for everything but the MAF. Use MAF cleaner for it.
Thanks for the response! Would brake cleaner also work for everything but the MAF? I am running speed density so the MAF isn't even hooked up. I'm thinking I should just 86 it.

I see I only have 2 posts, lol. My old handle used to be ChevyNo1, I was one of of the first on this site. Car is a '98 SS.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

**** that. I would take it all apart and wash everything out with a hose and simple green.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:52 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nali6.2
**** that. I would take it all apart and wash everything out with a hose and simple green.
Yeah I agree with Nali. Or maybe watered down Super Clean. Brake Cleaner would evaporate and you would need about a skid of it. Lol

Incon, how old is that kit?
Old 08-21-2017, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Incon TT kits are like 15 years old lol.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They might be old but mine is still going strong! Check out my build thread!! 535 hp all day on 8 psi
Old 08-22-2017, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Might be going stro but in the last 15 years some major advancements have come out. I'd update the turbos and anything else with moving parts.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSZ
Yeah I agree with Nali. Or maybe watered down Super Clean. Brake Cleaner would evaporate and you would need about a skid of it. Lol

Incon, how old is that kit?
Makes sense guys - I think that's what I'll do.

Yea, they are old. My car was the first Incon kit in the southwest (was in Phoenix at the time). I'm still loving it though. 644/701 is what it did back in around 2005, I'm guessing it hasn't changed much. But it is still mucho fun to drive! Kit went on in 1999/2000!!
Old 08-22-2017, 06:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by silversweetZ
They might be old but mine is still going strong! Check out my build thread!! 535 hp all day on 8 psi
Nice
Old 08-22-2017, 06:46 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Years ago I remember seeing one of the kits when the came out. The shop my late friend worked at did the install. I can't recall what the car made powerwise.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSZ
Years ago I remember seeing one of the kits when the came out. The shop my late friend worked at did the install. I can't recall what the car made powerwise.
I actually shipped my car to FL where they were doing the very first installs. I forget the name of the shop. They were completely untuned, so honestly I wasn't all that impressed at first. But once tuned they worked nicely. It was big power back in the day for an LS1.

At first I was waiting for a Procharger, but they weren't even ready yet.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

wow I had a incon kit on my 98 z28 way back when. that pump always gave me problems. Every time id start it in the morning it would be a smoke show lol. Made lots of power though and was a blast to drive

Sold it cause I couldn't keep a trans in it XD.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cool28
wow I had a incon kit on my 98 z28 way back when. that pump always gave me problems. Every time id start it in the morning it would be a smoke show lol. Made lots of power though and was a blast to drive

Sold it cause I couldn't keep a trans in it XD.
Yea, the original pump was a Tilton. I replaced that YEARS ago with a Weldon. It lasted about 10 years and **** the bed last year. Now it's got a TurboWerx!
Old 08-24-2017, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silversweetZ
I wasn't bashing them when I said they were old. They are the OG turbo kit as far as I remember. I think I remember Matt Harlan having an incon kit and seeing a vid of him racing a street bike on the highway and pulling on it. I bet most people on this site now don't even know who that is...
Old 08-25-2017, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My incon kit is still going strong. I upgraded the pump to a weldon and got a spare to put on the shelf. I got something like 60k on the first weldon pump and changed it out with the spare just to be on the safe side. I've been on several 1000 mile drives and the kit rocks.

The passenger side turbo *always* leaks. They must have known oil would be a problem on that side as there is a drain plug on the intercooler. lol. I have taken the plumbing apart to clean it a couple times in the last 10 years. I used mineral spirits to wash it out when it's really bad. Otherwise, a WOT blast for a couple miles get's rid of the smoke. hah. Drivers side always clean.

I'm thinking about installing a one way valve at the passenger turbo to try and cut down the oil seepage. There's one at the block but I'm guessing there is enough oil in the lines that a lot gets in there.

IF I had one complaint about the Incon kit it would be the oil control. Everything else about it is perfect. Factory original quality. Great daily driver. Good luck with it.

EDIT: Have you seen this thread? --> https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...addressed.html

Last edited by SS2win; 08-25-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
I wasn't bashing them when I said they were old. They are the OG turbo kit as far as I remember. I think I remember Matt Harlan having an incon kit and seeing a vid of him racing a street bike on the highway and pulling on it. I bet most people on this site now don't even know who that is...
Being one of the OG guys - I definitely remember Matt. 'y2khawk' I believe was his handle. He was the first one to wire the actuator pucks shut and see just what the kit could do
Old 08-25-2017, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SS2win
EDIT: Have you seen this thread? --> https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...addressed.html
Great link, thanks!

Quick Reply: Incon TT LS6 - Scavenge Pump Died, Oil Everywhere