Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Goertz1 Sheet Metal Intake Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is a Porsche 911 turbo worth double a z06?

They both preform nearly identical. Different folks, different strokes.

The peoplec that buy my parts want a hand made intake made in America. I offer the best price for that, compare my prices to other top custom intake builders and you'll see I'm about half their price.

No need to get in a fuss over it.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by g1pro
Is a Porsche 911 turbo worth double a z06?
No

No need to get in a fuss over it.
Pot meet kettle. Getting your pants in a bunch when people ask for data.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Understand that it is virtually impossible to dyno power in that range and redicoulously dangerous. You won't see them cause if they even get a chance to dyno any before the mile it will only be low boost up to roughly 1000whp
Why virtually impossible and dangerous ?

Although nobody here is asking for back to back dyno tests with the commonly found intakes already available installed on a 2500hp car...because most arent installed on a 2500hp car.

Most are just and quite reasonably asking for some sort of empirical evidence for say a 1000hp car with say a stock intake and your new intake.

Early on you did say tests would happen, people were doing them and reporting back etc. I'm sure such data could push many potential customers over the edge to buying one...instead of sitting on the fence and wondering why bother ?
Old 10-26-2017, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm hardly worried about the opinions of 10 second cars making 600-700 hp
I was with you until that statement. I bet all your customers were those same people at one point. Awesome product, but that's just bad business...
Old 10-26-2017, 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by B18B1LS1
I was with you until that statement. I bet all your customers were those same people at one point. Awesome product, but that's just bad business...

In all seriousness, i tell people that are in the sub 700 hp range (unless na) to save their money and stick with a fast, msd or even oem as the gains on lower power engine aren't worth the money of a custom manifold. 10-30whp gain is the norm on a boost engine in that power zone on a 5.5" runner. To me save the money and give it 1 more lb of boost or don't as that barely even makes a 1mph gain.

so call me an *** for being honest to the customer.

I'm not after the money, I'm not telling anyone to come buy my parts. Contrary to what this forum thinks i sell more than enough to keep busy (sold 4 ls7 yesterday...) And i don't need to jump through hoops for anyone at this point.

Not to mention i have a day job that fully supports my lifestyle, i don't have to sell a single intake...
Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Nice looking pieces. Love the large plenum and how you customize runner length.

I'm no where in the high hp range i just fool with bolt ons. But don't let that fool you. Guys like me scratch around for more power and would spend the $ on one of your intakes if we could see some results.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Teching In

In all seriousness, i tell people that are in the sub 700 hp range (unless na) to save their money and stick with a fast, msd or even oem as the gains on lower power engine aren't worth the money of a custom manifold. 10-30whp gain is the norm on a boost engine in that power zone on a 5.5" runner. To me save the money and give it 1 more lb of boost or don't as that barely even makes a 1mph gain.

I'm not after the money, I'm not telling anyone to come buy my parts. Contrary to what this forum thinks i sell more than enough to keep busy (sold 4 ls7 yesterday...) And i don't need to jump through hoops for anyone at this point.

Not to mention i have a day job that fully supports my lifestyle, i don't have to sell a single intake...
James, i would not worry about this forum, as it has really gone to **** over the years. People on here are more about attacking people, and calling them out on grammer and stupid **** that does not even matter.

This site seems to be more about the budget builder looking to make 1000hp with the cheapest stuff possible that will fall apart after pushed hard a few times.

I have talked with James many times already, and have ordered a custom intake from him for my goat that is currently making 1300 whp. I did my homework and research enough to know what to ask him, and to know what he is doing for me will net a more efficient setup for my combo.

his product has a thicker material than other intakes of this caliber on the market that i have researched. the fact that he is willing to build anything to you(the customer) specs shocked me, and have really liked working with him so far. I have contacted many different vendors asking about making some custom changes to my specs, and all of them said no for one reason or another even thou i didnt really care what the extra cost would be.

yes the holley hi-ram is 1/2 the price, but selecting the runner length you want, wanting to add a a/w intercooler built in to the intake to preserve space in the engine compartment, dual set of injectors, custom head plates, custom TB openings, is worth the extra cost for basically building the intake to suite your needs... what happens when you call holley, and ask them to change something on the intake to suit your needs??? (think about it) people out there that are willing to build something custom for you is double the price tag, and they usually loose power down low like most every builder out there). he has already had back to back tests showing that his intake is not loosing power down low making 1000hp compared to a stock intake. to me, that by itself was enough to pull the trigger on buying one.

i have blew a hole in 3 fast 102mm intakes now, and looking for something that is not going to blow apart. i am looking forward to not having to worry about this anymore...

i know i am going to get flammed for this post also, because like i said that is all this forum's users seem to like doing anymore. its more of drama forum about ls parts. thats why i for the most part don't post, i just read, read, and read some more.

James don't worry about these nay sayers... your intakes will prove themselves in time...

Last edited by bRAZENLS2gOAt; 10-26-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

How do we select the runner length we want...need without any data to prove which would be most effective ?

Why is it so difficult to get any actual test data from any intake supplier ? I've asked this of every single intake seller that has come on here, and barely a single one has ever been able to supply back to back tests to prove the worth/value of the product they're making big claims about.

These intakes certainly look good, price point isnt bad and the versatility of so many options is superb. But why is it so hard to get some test data as to how they ( and any other brand of intake ) actually perform ?

If someone could show me evidence that I wouldnt lose a ton down low, but would gain strongly from say 6k to 7500rpm, I'd have an order in already.

Until that, I'm still on the fence.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Plenty of that evidence out there about gaining up top with shorter runners. But you're likely gonna lose some down low. But unless you're racing at 3k it doesn't really matter. Also with the added rpm you can add gear. So even if you lose a little motor tq you can make that up and maybe more with wheel tq threw gear that can now be utilized do to more rpm.

G1pro.....do you ever do dual tb intakes?
Old 10-27-2017, 07:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Plenty of that evidence out there about gaining up top with shorter runners. But you're likely gonna lose some down low. But unless you're racing at 3k it doesn't really matter. Also with the added rpm you can add gear. So even if you lose a little motor tq you can make that up and maybe more with wheel tq threw gear that can now be utilized do to more rpm.

G1pro.....do you ever do dual tb intakes?
My manifolds are all build to order so all someome needs to do is request a dual tb design and I'll make it happen.

Dual tb I'm looking at costing $1750 for dual 90mm

I have to use a slightly wider plenum that i might only order 1 every other month or so. I order in quantity batches from my laser shop so they save me money and i can pass the savings on to the customer. However single order parts cost me quite a bit more than a batch of 5+ so i don't have as much wiggle room on pricing.

Last edited by g1pro; 10-27-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Don't get me wrong, the manifolds are very nice pieces.
But if there is anything we've learned here, its put your money where you know it is well-spent.

That's why, after seeing people run 7's on a stock bottom end 5.3 or running 7's on 3 or 4 of the OEM plastic intakes, people start asking the question "Why should I buy that?".
So showing pics of an 8-second corvette with one of your intakes doesn't seem all that impressive to us.

Its made us a pretty tough crowd TBO. Gone are the days of believing that you have to spend a fortune to go fast, so when someone offers a shiny new toy, we want to know why its worth it.

Having done multiple intake tests in the past, I've learned that its better to believe numbers than a sellers word. So I offered to do a comparison for you. If you're really having trouble making them fast enough to sell, why spend all of the extra effort in additional advertising? One solid comparison test with real data would be all of the advertising you'll ever need.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intake Worth

In all seriousness we buy a project specifically an intake to help tune the power delivery for a specific RPM be that more torque down lower or more breathing up high in the RPM spectrum for a certain Head+Cam + Intake Combo, add in the exhaust or the boost and sometimes its about making that Top-End charge so we can not have to shift or being that power in down low, to get a heavy car moving... Knowing you are willing to modify your fabrication to suit a buyer is a Selling point, have you thought about making a separate standalone A2W setup for those without a need for an intake swap, yet want to benefit from cooling effects of Ice?
Sounds like building is a passion and you will never please all comers, yet getting info from your buyers as to, their improvements with your products vs whatever intake they replaced and a true example can be seen of your Intakes vs many others your customers may have used...
This is your business, yet data is not difficult to gather with many customers already using your product.... Many get frustrated with less than solid performance from others mentioned already...
Old 10-27-2017, 02:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow....
Old 10-27-2017, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Remember when we used to praise people who worked hard in America. Who developed their own products, and catered to customers rather than giant corporations that out source to china and produce generic parts. The good ol'e days.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by silvea
Remember when we used to praise people who worked hard in America. Who developed their own products, and catered to customers rather than giant corporations that out source to china and produce generic parts. The good ol'e days.
Some people now like to tell them to go F themselves. Yippy!

The manifolds look beautiful. If they don't work word will get out. Same thing if they do.

When it comes to custom, one off pieces yes, the customer may be the beta tester. But somebody has to trust the builder enough to fork over the money to be the guinea pig. You don't like it? Don't buy it. I think this thread has gotten a little to harsh based of things that SOMEONE ELSE did in THE PAST.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silvea
I don't care how hard you work in America. The superior product gets the cash, I don't care if it's made in Kazakhstan....if it's better and cost less.... they win. I get sick of that "buy only usa" nonsense. If the superior product happens to be made in the USA.... guess what... they get the cash. See where this is going? It's all about performance in relation to value.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

What if it's a product made in China that is a rip off of an American product. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??
Old 10-27-2017, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
What if it's a product made in China that is a rip off of an American product. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??
This is an add on.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:45 PM
FormerVendor

LS7 Hi Ram roughly 550ci plenum volume to support hp in upper rpm, runners are 6.5" for maximum powerband

Plenum is roughly 10 3/4" from valley flange

3/16" sheet plenum top and bottom, runners are 1/8" sheet, good luck busting this bad boy

Old 10-27-2017, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

ugh the whole MUSA thing just stinks of logical fallacy but i guess that's in fashion again. anyone remember that whole 1980's campaign to "buy american" even though imports were clearly superior? lols.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

anyways, off the politics. people in this particular forum vote with their wallets and they like data. maybe OP's payment to IBB to advertise here could have been better spent on some test data.

Quick Reply: Goertz1 Sheet Metal Intake Manifolds