Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Goertz1 Sheet Metal Intake Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
For you guys trying to limit your engine speeds in good builds to 6-7k rpm.......why? Stop being scared of spinning that mf'r.

Your intakes look great man. Glad you found your niche.
Personally I think keeping RPM down promotes engine longevity. Mine is built...forged everything with good springs, but I still don't buzz it very often.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Game ova
Personally I think keeping RPM down promotes engine longevity. Mine is built...forged everything with good springs, but I still don't buzz it very often.
Well there's your problem these manifolds are for race cars not street cars. Every engine I've ever built for myself the goal has always been 40-50k miles. If it lasts that long in happy. I know when I build **** and through the sauce at it it won't last forever or even as long as stock. Nature of the game I guess. It really depends on what spectrum you want to lie on. Fast, reliable, and cheap. You can only have 2 of them. Problem is people on this forum want all 3 🙃
Old 10-31-2017, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by silvea
Well there's your problem these manifolds are for race cars not street cars. Every engine I've ever built for myself the goal has always been 40-50k miles. If it lasts that long in happy. I know when I build **** and through the sauce at it it won't last forever or even as long as stock. Nature of the game I guess. It really depends on what spectrum you want to lie on. Fast, reliable, and cheap. You can only have 2 of them. Problem is people on this forum want all 3 🙃
Ha, been searching for the holy grail of all three all my life, just like everybody else. Doesn't work out too well.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

If i had a built bottom i wouldn't stop till i was shifting at 8k......atleast 7500. Preferably closer to 8500. I've been spinning my bolt on ls6 to 7k for 90k miles. Just bumped the limiter to 7300 to.

It ain't the bottom ends you have to worry about......especially built. It's the valvetrain. And with the right stuff running to 8k can be done even with hydraulic cams.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

If i had a built bottom i wouldn't stop till i was shifting at 8k......atleast 7500. Preferably closer to 8500. I've been spinning my bolt on ls6 to 7k for 90k miles. Just bumped the limiter to 7300 to.

It ain't the bottom ends you have to worry about......especially built. It's the valvetrain. And with the right stuff running to 8k can be done even with hydraulic cams.
Your bolt on Ls6 is making power at 7300? And I can't justify shifting at 8500 as I know for a fact that this car isn't making any real power up that high.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Idk.....it smacks the hell out of the rev limiter way to easy at 7k. If you do the math on the gear and tq it says i should be shifting higher to.

You have to cam it to make power there and use the right intake like Goertz is offering. Among other things.

I would never build a ls motor for a hotrod and spin it less than 7k. They like to rev
Old 10-31-2017, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Idk.....it smacks the hell out of the rev limiter way to easy at 7k. If you do the math on the gear and tq it says i should be shifting higher to.

You have to cam it to make power there and use the right intake like Goertz is offering. Among other things.

I would never build a ls motor for a hotrod and spin it less than 7k. They like to rev
This Ls6 intake and ported TB is more than enough to carry this car into 8 second territory, even at a 3750 race weight. Next track day I plan to short shift the car, then buzz it to let's say 6,800-7,000 to see if it's faster or slower up high in the tach.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

This Ls6 intake and ported TB is more than enough to carry this car into 8 second territory, even at a 3750 race weight. Next track day I plan to short shift the car, then buzz it to let's say 6,800-7,000 to see if it's faster or slower up high in the tach.
Your particular setup may not respond well due to having high backpressure. Squeezing a higher RPM LS through a 75mm hotside isn't the best case scenario, now if you had two of them... winning!

Did we ever get any results on an LS engine for this fancy intake? Or any back to back tests for that matter? How much did that fancy Mustang pickup over a Boss 302 intake manifold?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Your particular setup may not respond well due to having high backpressure. Squeezing a higher RPM LS through a 75mm hotside isn't the best case scenario, now if you had two of them... winning!

Did we ever get any results on an LS engine for this fancy intake? Or any back to back tests for that matter? How much did that fancy Mustang pickup over a Boss 302 intake manifold?
I agree about the backpressure. I will never go twins, but after I finish beefing up the drivetrain I will be putting a larger snail on her. That will be the ticket to an 8 second pass.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:44 PM
8 Second Club

I agree about the backpressure. I will never go twins, but after I finish beefing up the drivetrain I will be putting a larger snail on her. That will be the ticket to an 8 second pass.
I said never too, until a proper sized single was $4000 and twins were $1250 made for an easy decision. A borg warner 76/88 easily run's 8's in a 4th gen so that's a decent upgrade if that's where you draw the line.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

No, no data. Please....this car has set 2 of 3 world records, we don't need no stinking data. It may have been able to set 2 records with a stock manifold....but we don't know.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would this be a situation where you would recommend an LS2 intake? I know it doesn't flow as well as the LS6 but you're jamming it in there so it probably isn't too much of a difference. That way you can go 90mm TB.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

At some point the long *** runners ofa stock intake is gonna be fighting moving that much air. My bet is it's way before 8s. Can it be done .....sure. Is it gonna be as consistent and fast.....likely not.

It's already known those oe plastic intakes don't flow as much as the heads do.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

At some point the long *** runners ofa stock intake is gonna be fighting moving that much air. My bet is it's way before 8s. Can it be done .....sure. Is it gonna be as consistent and fast.....likely not.

It's already known those oe plastic intakes don't flow as much as the heads do.
On a turbo car I really don't think it's worth much if anything.
Take a turbo 6.0 with ls3 heads and swap from a ls3 intake to a Holley high ram and see what it nets you....

Talking 8s cars not these 1500-2000hp cars like g1 works with. I'd imagine in that power range they are spinning them up pretty high and can take full advantage of a g1 intake.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

A ls3 intake don't flow what the heads do. I've ported/rod modded some ls3 intakes for guys on here for na stuff.

Pretty much every test I've ever seen on na vs boosted parts shows if it works na then it will work with boost.

Now if you're not willing to spin it over 6500 rpm then you may not see much for gains.......but eff that. I mean **** if your goal is to go fast don't limit yourself to that rpm range.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

A ls3 intake don't flow what the heads do. I've ported/rod modded some ls3 intakes for guys on here for na stuff.

Pretty much every test I've ever seen on na vs boosted parts shows if it works na then it will work with boost.

Now if you're not willing to spin it over 6500 rpm then you may not see much for gains.......but eff that. I mean **** if your goal is to go fast don't limit yourself to that rpm range.
I spin my ly6 7500 even had it set to 7800 for a little while.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Then you will see gains over the factory long runner intake.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:44 AM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Holy **** this place is full of ******* morons

G1pro, don't waste your time aruguing with the morons

People who aren't morons understand what is being built and the reasons they want it.

I can't believe this guy is getting his ballz rode for something that customizable with quality fab for that price. Christ
Old 11-01-2017, 09:31 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by rotary1307cc
Holy **** this place is full of ******* morons

G1pro, don't waste your time aruguing with the morons

People who aren't morons understand what is being built and the reasons they want it.

I can't believe this guy is getting his ballz rode for something that customizable with quality fab for that price. Christ
Yup, ******* morons that want to see proof before spending duckets on something that may not result in any gains.

If you can run 7.6’s with a stock 5.3 and a Holley hi ram how much would this intake pick up on a setup like that shifting at 8300? Give him one to test until then no proof no care... if it works your advertising is free and they sell like crazy.

The OP’s post sound awful like fat **** motorsports hocking 417 intercoolers with no proof and trust me it works propaganda. Until a back to back test is made he can keep selling his stuff to the LS7 guys with money to waste. He already said he doesn’t need to sell his stuff here so who cares what we say about it.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:59 AM
7 Second Club

Received 314 Likes on 211 Posts

I take it most people replying in this thread haven't seen what eventually happens to factory plastic intake manifolds when the boost levels rise above 25-30 psi. You will start to get stress cracks and fractures and eventually it will blow up. You will need some sort of metal intake to keep it together and I don't see why this wouldn't be a good option at that power/boost level. At the least it's another option and a relatively good priced one at that compared to the others that are available. Sure I would like to see some testing in a back to back compared to the stock manifolds as well just because I like data.

Quick Reply: Goertz1 Sheet Metal Intake Manifolds