Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm me, I have what you need
Old 11-21-2017, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

So you bent that rod up like that with 21#'s? I thought 15#'s was safe on those rods, right?
Old 11-21-2017, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Supplier of stock GM Pistons ?

GM
tried that but Gm said I need the vin code off of vehicle that engine came out of or any vin with the b code. I'll go that route if need be. Thanks Mark
Old 11-21-2017, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rpturbo
So you bent that rod up like that with 21#'s? I thought 15#'s was safe on those rods, right?
i ain't sure what you mean but I may of had a waste gate line issue. I wasn't data loggin the thing so I really don't know. I'm just trying to learn this tuning and turbo stuff this being my first try. It's an experiment for me so I'll try try again. Thanks Mark
Old 11-21-2017, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fisherboys
i ain't sure what you mean but I may of had a waste gate line issue. I wasn't data loggin the thing so I really don't know. I'm just trying to learn this tuning and turbo stuff this being my first try. It's an experiment for me so I'll try try again. Thanks Mark
i do know I had 21lb springs in the waste gates
Old 11-21-2017, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

yeah dennis coupe is a bad boy for sure. I made a fun pass at gateway this year on power tour and on the street tires rolling into it at about 300' it went 132 spinning somewhat, its on youtube, I don't have any rollbar or safety stuff so I gotta watch and remember its a street rod and not a drag car. I put about 7-8 thousand miles on it this summer. I love the truck and how its turned out so far, thanks Mark
I stumbled across that video awhile back. Good stuff! It made me think I should bring your thread back up for details. Again, truck looks great and it's awesome your driving the heck out of it. With occasional blasts of speed!
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bad Apache
I stumbled across that video awhile back. Good stuff! It made me think I should bring your thread back up for details. Again, truck looks great and it's awesome your driving the heck out of it. With occasional blasts of speed!
I was so busy trying to get ready for power tour and dragweek I kinda lost track of posting about the truck and mostly it being my first turbo build and attempt at fabricating my own intercooler and headers and rear mounted radiator and almost everything I didn't think there would be much interest in that type of build. I think mostly drag vehicle builds it seems and didn't want to be one of those people that think there really fabricating or building a car when there just adding gas to a car. There are a lot of people on here who are really good builders with cool stuff. That being said I love the truck and it does get drove a lot and thrashed when it is drove. I wish I could figure out how to tune. The motor should live awhile at 20+ psi I feel if the thing is right. Thanks for the liken the truck, mark
Old 11-22-2017, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

i am a relative newcomer to this board and most folks are building their cars for racing at some point. But most of us will be street driving them as well. And seeing fab ideas is helpful to many who have trouble coming up with ideas to surmount a problem. So have it!

PM coming soon about the rear mounted radiator.

Quick Reply: in need of a piston or piston info