Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger proflow not holding boost! Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Once a belt has slipped for awhile, it gets glazed and is more prone to slippage. I'd put a new belt on it and take it easy on it for an hour to let it break in, then re-tighten it. Bob
Thanks alot Bob, that's probably what happened because it was not tighned for a few months under many wide open hits, and I thought it was a boost leak whereas it was belt slippage all along. But yeaterday it did hit 7.5lbs when I initally tighned it. I guess now it is just glazing.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Blower belts need to be tight....screw than 90deg ****, they need to be tighter than that

And they need to have a proper tensioner, no feeble **** or fixed tensioners.
I have it in the middle or halfway adjustment nut, when I had the micro V belt it was 3/4 way and that's when I broke the tensioner the first time. A shop installed this current belt, it looks new but now Bob confirmed it that it is glazed and still slipping.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I copied this from corvette forum, thought it was interesting:

from quicksilver2002 :I just noticed something that is a little odd.

I have two gates Micro-v belts sitting in front of me that are the same part#, but totally different.

One is made in USA and the other is made in Mexico (the newer one is made in Mexico). The material feels very different between the two and the ribs are of different shapes.

The mexico belt has more of a V between the ribs where the USA belt has more of a squared U. The Mexico belt has a softer feel to it and a more rubbery feel on the back side.

I have a feeling the USA belt was better.

Quick Reply: Procharger proflow not holding boost! Help