Intercooler question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 533 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by jdwtx85
Oh yea,
I've got full plan my c5z, are wrapped. Gonna full wrap to the turbo. 2.5 off each manifold to a mufflex style 3in y then taper back down to 2.5 to the turbo. Then 2.5 from the turbo strait tinthe tb. Small nozzle #2 pre turbo and maybe #5 1-2ft from the tb. Ive got a full plan. Maybe ill throw it in the guys face in that post above that said I wont be happy!!
I'm copying danzglass and turboffr builds with a little change, both those cars make over 800, one is a 5.3 on is a 6.2. I laugh at people that say it won't work, hahahaha, most people do not size the piping and the turbo right. The people that have success love their setups. Only thing diff is I wanna try it with out a cooler. Im not worried just need to complete it. Sunday I put the custom gearing tr6060 in and a c6z diff to match. Need to put in the rear suspension and going rear coilovers.
those with your support, thank you very much.
Jason
I ran a rear mount for years, and it worked well for what it was. That being said, it was a compromised system. If you are happy with your results, then feel free to throw it in my face all day long. Rear mount systems have two advantages. They place weight distribution toward the rear, and they use less under hood space. Every single other thing about them is horribly inefficient. The only proper excuse for a rear mount turbo is a rear engine car.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 650 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
I ran a rear mount for years, and it worked well for what it was. That being said, it was a compromised system. If you are happy with your results, then feel free to throw it in my face all day long. Rear mount systems have two advantages. They place weight distribution toward the rear, and they use less under hood space. Every single other thing about them is horribly inefficient. The only proper excuse for a rear mount turbo is a rear engine car.
he can feel free to throw it in my face too. Lol. I’m just posting from my personal experience. Results may vary on a different car. I just know on my gto, the iats would climb to 190 pretty easy on 4psi. So before I even thought about turning up the boost I decided to do it the correct way:

It may be a little undersize but it’s better than nothing.