Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo narrowband 02 sensor placement on turbo colorado

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo narrowband 02 sensor placement on turbo colorado

greetings gents, i'm doing an OCD copy of denmahs original truck, colorado /6.0/80e with billet VS 7875 , and the ECU/TCU im using is out of a trailblazer SS since its a factory integration setup from CPW so i can retain dash and all the functions, so it's a trailblazer SS ECU/TCU and electric pedal. i've got a stock colorado V8 manifold on the drivers side , that feeds via a 2.5" crossover pipe to a Fahler performance log manifold with front turbo T4 flange. from the turbo its a 3" downpipe that im planning on feeding into stock exhaust with a electric dump for when i want to get rowdy.

right now i have the AEM UEGO x-series wideband in the downpipe about 8 inches downstream of turbo (yes i did search on here about wideband o2 placement), and the factory computer uses two narrowband bosch upstream sensors. i've done research and i've got the drivers side already mounted about 6" from the drivers side flange.

My question is , since the drivers side flows into the passenger side, will the passenger side o2 sensor be of any real use since i would assume it would read what the drivers side is seeing and will mirror it ? and i was thinking about putting the passenger side o2 sensor pre turbo right where the log 90* turn meets the turbo flange, since its cramming everything into that engine bay.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

I have taken to (with denmahs lead on this) just using a single NB with the wires wye'd in the harness, so a single sensor feeds the same data to both banks in the computer. I generally run with only STFT's and idle proportional on. LTFT off (enable temp set to 284*)

You can run NB's before or after the turbo. They do not have a pump cell thats is pressure sensitive like WB's do
Old 06-13-2019, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts

Bump. Does the PCM get pissed off when it sees identical signals from "both" narrowbands despite different physical fueling for each bank?