Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Matching truck manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Matching truck manifolds

Hey guys, I am trying to find a set of manifolds, doesn’t have to be truck manifolds or cheap within reason. Just hoping to buy pre made.

if you look in my pictures you can see the right truck manifold hugs the strut tower really nice and perfectly goes around alternator. I’m hoping to find a set that does this on both sides of engine. I’m tight on room as you can see but I’m sure I’m not only one who’s wanted some clean match looks.

What i I have now works, just want it to match each other and meet the requirements of going around top mount accessories. As you can see the pass side manifold just sticks way out past the head.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Stock manifold wise, I doubt you get any better. You can cut and shorten that side some. It might not be a exact match, but it could be 50% better. To me, I would be happy to have something that close, right off the bat.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

The problem is that there are no sets of symmetrical truck manifolds to start with. getting two identical would mean that the smaller one would have to be extensively modded compared to the longer one to get them the same. The casting between the two is very different.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...manifolds.html

This thread has pictures of all of them i think.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Is there an aftermarket set that is close bend like one in picture? I’ll use what I have if not. Not worth spending money hoping to find a set.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Surely the Hooker headers from Holley are close ? and they're a matching pair.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

I’ll try to look them up. I think I know which ones they are cause I found pair I thought was close. It didn’t wanna spend money unless someone else chimed in
Old 07-31-2019, 06:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Z32_5.3
I’ll try to look them up. I think I know which ones they are cause I found pair I thought was close. It didn’t wanna spend money unless someone else chimed in

I was assuming you wanted them symmetrical for a twins setup. No one makes a bolt-on twin setup that ive seen. The Hooker headers manifolds are for a single turbo setup. But they seem to fit nice and snug in every build ive seen them used in. Plus they are priced right. I spent enough on 2" pipe bends, a flex joint, 3" heavy duty bends and v-band flanges to negate any savings over just purchasing the Hooker setup. In fact this winter ill probably ditch my entire hot side for the Hooker log manifold. Get all that hot exhaust pipe out of my engine bay.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Yes I’m running twins. It’s the eBay gt35s. I need headers to flip upward like picture. The only space I have for downpipe is by the motor mounts. So any downward manifolds would take that space. I may just stick with what I have. Seems like I don’t have it that bad right now compared to what I could have.

if I was going to run the vmount radiator from beginning , I prob would’ve kept the single turbo. I decided twins and then did the vmount. So too late now. Besides twin is pretty bad ***
Old 08-01-2019, 12:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by LetsTurboSomething
I was assuming you wanted them symmetrical for a twins setup. No one makes a bolt-on twin setup that ive seen. The Hooker headers manifolds are for a single turbo setup. But they seem to fit nice and snug in every build ive seen them used in. Plus they are priced right. I spent enough on 2" pipe bends, a flex joint, 3" heavy duty bends and v-band flanges to negate any savings over just purchasing the Hooker setup. In fact this winter ill probably ditch my entire hot side for the Hooker log manifold. Get all that hot exhaust pipe out of my engine bay.
No, Hooker headers single turbo kit, is made for a single turbo.

Hooker header manifolds, are just manifolds, and symmetrical.