Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How In The F Do You Hook Up A 2step

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hijack this thread, its sounds like you would hook up the 2-step on an A4 without transbrake the same way as a 98 m6 car?

I currently have a 3000 stall converter with an Incon turbo kit and want to have a consistant launch rpm.

Harlan, if you don't mind whats the wait for the current 2-step?

Gary
Old 07-14-2004, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Did any one ever use one of these at the track like several runs back to back ?

I had one and i thought it would make my car more consistant ( i bracket race a lot) and it always left at the same rpm but it would make the car run unconsistant like 4 runs with it were7.89,7.95,7.99,7.92 and i tried it with out it and ran 7.91,7.90,7.90.. same day did every thing the same ..

anyone else have that problem?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i got it hooked up. i unhooked the cruise control switch and used it. then just wired the CC together. now i have a push button and when the clutch is up the ground is on for the gray wire and the white wire is on push button. doesnt look too bad. all i need now is my fuel pump and injectors and project KAOS is ready to hit QMP for a good tune.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red ws6 99
Not to hijack this thread, its sounds like you would hook up the 2-step on an A4 without transbrake the same way as a 98 m6 car?

I currently have a 3000 stall converter with an Incon turbo kit and want to have a consistant launch rpm.

Harlan, if you don't mind whats the wait for the current 2-step?

Gary
Well, i'm on the road until the 23rd for work. Then i have about 8 to make when i get back. I should have some ready to ship by 8/1 if all goes well.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2khawk
I just make my previous post a little clearer.

don't use a toggle switch for the white wire. use a button, trust me it'll make you life easier.

you're close on what you wanna do.

get something similar to a WOT switch for a nitrous setup, and mount it to the clutch pedal bracket so the micro switch is pressed when the clutch pedal is up, and is released when you push in the clutch.

connect the COMMON (COM) terminal on the microswitch to ground. Connect the gray wire of the 2 step to the N.O. terminal on the switch.

Get a push button, the kind that closes when you push it, and opens when you let go. Connect one side of the button to ground and the other side to the white wire of the 2 step.

Plug in the connectors. Set the RPM you want to launch at on the 2 step *****.

stage/launch procedure is as follows:
do your burnout...
roll up to the lights holding down the button on the white wire
pre-stage
full stage
clutch all the way in, gas to the floor, let go of the button.
2 step will hold the RPM as long as you have the clutch pressed in.
dump the clutch to launch as you normally would.

once you launch, the 2 step will stay off as long as you don't press the button on the white wire.
Ok folks, my turn to be the dum dum.

I got my 2 Step this week. I have a '98 Z28 M6. My mechanic friend and I were discussing the set up, and here's what we plan to do:

We will use the "latched operation" mode, by using the clutch switch. Now it was stated earlier that the 98's don't have the factory switch. So we plan to splice into the "safety wire" that allows you to start the M6 only after the clutch is pressed in.

Then we plan to mount a horn-type button on my console, one that only activates when you press it, and shuts off when you let go.

Based on this set up, the sequence should be (help me here):
1. Burnout
2. roll up to lights
3. pre-stage
4. full stage
5. push and hold button on console
6. clutch and gas pedal to the floor
7. release button on console
8. dump clutch and speedshift like a Banshee down the strip

Sorry, I got a brainlock on this, but I am starting to understand it better...
Old 10-28-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After reading this, I now understand how to hook this thing up on an M6. Now if somebody could help me understand how to hook it up the same way but, now when the gas pedal goes to the floor, you engage the n2o. How do you wire this to disengage the n2o until the 2 step is disengaged?

Quick Reply: How In The F Do You Hook Up A 2step