Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huron speed long term review

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Huron speed long term review

Hey guys I bought and installed the Huron speed 7578 billet wheel turbo kit on my 00 z28 back in 2017. I've put 10,000 miles on it since. The pipes are still in great shape. I high temp painted them before install. The turbo has been discontinued through them. Mine the wheel can touch the exhaust housing if you force it with no oil in it. There are no witness marks on the housing or the wheel that it touches during operation. I just emailed Huron to see if they had a rebuild kit available, they do not. The owner did offer to sell me a new comparable turbo at cost. I however do not feel my turbo is bad at this point. It doesn't have excessive shaft play. If a rebuild service was available I would have had it rebuilt though for peace of mind. Overall this was a nice kit that I've had really no problems with. The customer service from Huron is very good. I had a problem with the intercooler back in 17 when I purchased the kit and he sent me a new one and let me keep the old one. If you're thinking of going with Huron I wouldn't hesitate. The price has gone up since I did my kit but what are ya gonna do? That's life.
The following 2 users liked this post by Turbo2000:
rel3rd (04-20-2021), The BallSS (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 02:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Thank you for the nice review, let us know if we can ever help with anything else!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
The following 2 users liked this post by Superman09:
rel3rd (04-20-2021), Woodylyf767 (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 506 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
Thank you for the nice review, let us know if we can ever help with anything else!

Jon
Hello Jon,
I recently purchased a car with one of your Huron T6 kits with the flex pipe coupler in the passenger side hot side pipe.
I've read a lot of posts lately about those braided flex couples failing and reducing the overall inside diameter of the pipe.
Do you have any recommendations for addressing this potential issue?
Old 04-20-2021, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Turbo2000
Hey guys I bought and installed the Huron speed 7578 billet wheel turbo kit on my 00 z28 back in 2017. I've put 10,000 miles on it since. The pipes are still in great shape. I high temp painted them before install. The turbo has been discontinued through them. Mine the wheel can touch the exhaust housing if you force it with no oil in it. There are no witness marks on the housing or the wheel that it touches during operation. I just emailed Huron to see if they had a rebuild kit available, they do not. The owner did offer to sell me a new comparable turbo at cost. I however do not feel my turbo is bad at this point. It doesn't have excessive shaft play. If a rebuild service was available I would have had it rebuilt though for peace of mind. Overall this was a nice kit that I've had really no problems with. The customer service from Huron is very good. I had a problem with the intercooler back in 17 when I purchased the kit and he sent me a new one and let me keep the old one. If you're thinking of going with Huron I wouldn't hesitate. The price has gone up since I did my kit but what are ya gonna do? That's life.
Huron speed is excellent.
I had one of their V1 T4 AC kits on my 4th gen for five years, drove the car everywhere and it never gave me a problem.
Would highly recommend their product to anyone looking.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thank you, the braided flex sections all have an inner liner in them from us now, should not have any issues with what you mentioned. In the event you ever have any problems always reach out to me direct and I'll be happy to help with anything : Jon@HuronSpeed.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Superman09:
rel3rd (05-13-2021), The BallSS (04-21-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Thank you, the braided flex sections all have an inner liner in them from us now, should not have any issues with what you mentioned. In the event you ever have any problems always reach out to me direct and I'll be happy to help with anything : Jon@HuronSpeed.com
Excellent, when did you guys start implementing that or are they all that way?
The gent I bought the car from, bought the kit with a few hundred miles on it after the owner blew up his SBE LS1 lol.
Just wanna make sure I didn't get an early kit pre-liner or something.
Thanks for the reply Jon, you guys really are awesome.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

that’s customer service. I never heard of a bad experience with Huron Speed.

You guys should be proud of the respect you’ve built.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

If only Huron had or answered a phone. I hate communicating by emails. I sent Jon an email yesterday about purchasing the matching driver’s side log that goes with a T4 I currently have and got an email not delivered because of server issue, frustration sets in so I purchased a Hooked left hand log with same 2-1/2” v band from another vender.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 64post
If only Huron had or answered a phone. I hate communicating by emails. I sent Jon an email yesterday about purchasing the matching driver’s side log that goes with a T4 I currently have and got an email not delivered because of server issue, frustration sets in so I purchased a Hooked left hand log with same 2-1/2” v band from another vender.

That wasn't his fault. I have never had issues with him getting back to me, even on weekends. He honestly has the best customer service of any aftermarket car parts company I have ever done business with and has helped me along the way on numerous things. I can't say enough about his customer service or his integrity.
The following users liked this post:
The BallSS (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed he's always promptly answered any email I sent him
Old 05-12-2021, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
That wasn't his fault. I have never had issues with him getting back to me, even on weekends. He honestly has the best customer service of any aftermarket car parts company I have ever done business with and has helped me along the way on numerous things. I can't say enough about his customer service or his integrity.
100%, I've bought used Huron Speed stuff off this forum and John still helped me sort through it like I bought it from him.
Great guy, top notch support.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

Easy, boys, I wasn’t blaming him, I was just pitching a bitch about email communication and how aggravating it can be.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 64post
Easy, boys, I wasn’t blaming him, I was just pitching a bitch about email communication and how aggravating it can be.
Very sorry for your email issue. All forms of communication can have an issue from time to time, same could be said if we had a phone line and those were down when you were trying to get in touch, or it was busy from a spam call or many other things that tie up the phone line all day long. We offer many forms of communication such as our email, our facebook page, our instagram page, or even a direct PM to me on the forum here that we are a supporting vendor for.
We removed the phone years ago for many reasons, it simply made business extremely inefficient for us. I could go on for hours about why we choose to not use phone but that also would be an inefficient use of time. It simply was the best decision to make our business run as smooth as possible and provide the best service to our customers without having to hire additional people to field phone calls and wade through all the spam that goes along with it each day which in turn would raise our prices.
I understand there are a few people that simply do not accept communicating via email and only will work over the phone and to those I am sorry we do not offer that, but our service will be unmatched if communication can be done in the many forms we do offer and are very efficient with.

Jon

Quick Reply: Huron speed long term review