Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Finally My Inter Cooler problems might be solved..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So prettttty!

Thanks for the info J
Old 07-23-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Jer,

How quick was Jason in replying to emails???? same day??
Kyle
Old 07-23-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kyle, same day or early the next. Cool guy too.

Rice ETR PM'ed you

PSJ, that sounds like a good idea on saving the plate mounts, i'll try to do that or use some screen to protect the IC core(daily driver in a city that is doing repaving everywhere, gravel galore) I'll post up some pics if it works.
J
Old 07-23-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man. Hey shoot me a PM with the info.
Thanks
Tom
Old 07-23-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Kyle, same day or early the next. Cool guy too.

Rice ETR PM'ed you

PSJ, that sounds like a good idea on saving the plate mounts, i'll try to do that or use some screen to protect the IC core(daily driver in a city that is doing repaving everywhere, gravel galore) I'll post up some pics if it works.
J
Jer, he replied back im going to call him now........ im going to send him my deposit to hold it for me. That screen idea sounds like a good one.... Thanks Jer
Kyle
Old 07-23-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kyle thats awesome The first part of the silicone shipment just got here My SS pipes won't be here until thursday

Yeah I don't want anything to trash out the core, so screen is going on or the plate cover will be retained for everyday use and pop it off for track duty.

J
Old 07-23-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

4 feet of 4ply reinforced 3 inch silicone hose, think that will be enough for some couplers?? Rather have too much than not enough lol.
J

Last edited by frcefed98; 07-23-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha, nice Jer

Rained out today and found out the track was closed tonight. Ended up working on the wifes brakes while the tropical storm passed through Albuquerque

When do you think you'll be up and running?
Old 07-24-2004, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yep, we were rained out too up here in the Heights, we started cutting and gutting the car for the rollbar this afternoon and we mocked God for the sprinkles that were falling on us God then got mad and gave us the finger and then let the floods loose, the car now has wet carpet don't have to worry about a spark starting it on fire now God hates me So blame me for no track action tonight, it was me, Travis and Joshes fault for the rain.

We should have the rollbar in by noon tomorrow and then the N2O comes off(sold it to Travis) and then the IC's come out and then the big guy(FMIC) goes in. I hope to have it done in the nick of time for next friday. :crossesfingersbutgodstillhatesme:
Old 07-24-2004, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

4 feet of 4ply reinforced 3 inch silicone hose, think that will be enough for some couplers?? Rather have too much than not enough lol.
J
Jer,

He sold me that last one he had in stock....... I just have to get a paypal account..... were di you buy that 3" silicone piping from again?? PM me the details on that.... what cage did you go with?? point? 6 point? weld in?
Kyle
Old 07-24-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Jegs rollbar, I've had it for about a year now So now its time for it to go in. So far so good

The guy who sells it is LyleHowell on ebay, ran me 30 and change for that 4 ft stick.
I will get you a link after a while time go back outside and do some welding
J
Old 07-24-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jer, I just sent him my payment. I didnt know paypal was so easy. When you send me the info about the straight silicone hose please sent me the info on the 90 bends also or rhte SS hose as you call it.

Do you think it would be easier to get ALL metal piping and weld them togeather?? Is the coupler front he head unit to piping a 4" to 3" reducer??? What about the TB what is it in inches?? Is the 85MM MAF 3.5"??? I had a heel of a time getting the piece ATI sent me on there......... Jere you going to be using the same BOV??
Lots of questions for ya, but they will help all who follow us.
Thanks
Kyle
Old 07-24-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kyle, holy cow man thats a lot of questions....slow down j/k Not a problem.
SS= Stainless Steel 3 inch tube.
The silicone 4 ply 3inch hose I will pm you the link on that stuff, you wont be disappointed.
The transitions like from the 3inch SS(stainless steel) tube to the MAF(3.5inch) and the 3.5 SS(stainless steel) tube to the Throttle body(4inch) will be ordered on monday from www.hightempsilicone.com

Yeah you could weld everything up and it would be a lot cleaner, but I don't plan on having too many bends and the length of the tubes will be pretty short.

For the headunit, go to www.procharger.com and get the specs off the site for the inlet of the s/c, the inlet hat opening on mine is small for some reason, yours fits directly on the headunit right? Mine doesn't for some reason that only ATI knows about, so I can't tell you what to get for the transition silicone hose.

I know you have lots of questions but give me sometime, the parts are still coming in. I will take a lot of pics of how I did things and will post them up when it is all done. Following will be easy.

On a side note, the rollbar is 95% done, only have the doorbars left to weld up It looks good for our first big welding job and first rollbar. We painted it gray but I think I will spray it black. The damn gray paint is too light (I'm colorblind) so I messed up the color match to my interior(graphite)

J

PS HERE IS A PIC OF THE TRANSITIONS I AM TALKING ABOUT. one will be 3inch to 3.5 and one will be 3.5inch to 4inch(after the maf I will be running a SS(stainless steel) tube to the throttle body.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ha Ha I know i have lots of questions...... i am just wanting to be sure of stuff...... cars running awsome.... but hasnt hit the street yet... ran into a problem..... i guess some ho wi broke the damn little plastic piece that holds the shifter cable so it wont let me put the car back in park....... dont know if i have to buy a whole new cable or if we can fix it...... i wish i had more time.... i hate working weekends.... 4am comes to quick...... shoot me a PM with the contact info of the 3ft section of 3" HTS you bought. Thanks man
Kyle
Old 07-24-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats awesome you will have it at the track in no time now. You'll probably need a new cable You have a PM with the info
I know you want to be sure, but I have it all planned out, but just have to execute it now once the parts come in. Things might change. I will post everything, you know me and my ability to post a billion pics in one post
J

PS my 2000th POST WAS made today
Old 07-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Teching In

We have the 3.50"/4.00" in stock in black and blue. The 3.00"/3.50" black is in production but red and blue are ready to go.

Is there a need for a 4.00"/4.50" in any of these systems? I may invest in a tool if there is.

Jim
Old 07-25-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats awesome you will have it at the track in no time now. You'll probably need a new cable You have a PM with the info
I know you want to be sure, but I have it all planned out, but just have to execute it now once the parts come in. Things might change. I will post everything, you know me and my ability to post a billion pics in one post
J

PS my 2000th POST WAS made today
THis coming friday i hope............. we will see whats up with the shifter linkage with the tranny tonight.....
Kyle
Old 07-25-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hightempsilicone
We have the 3.50"/4.00" in stock in black and blue. The 3.00"/3.50" black is in production but red and blue are ready to go.

Is there a need for a 4.00"/4.50" in any of these systems? I may invest in a tool if there is.

Jim
Dang it looks like im going to have to go with blue......... i wanted black. How long is the wait on black??? week? 2 weeks? I dont think there is a need for 4" to 4.5" i believe the outlet of the blower is the biggest piece needed..... 4" if i remember correctly. or maybe its 3.5" ill have to measure it befor ei order my stuff. Were are you guys located Jim?? I believe i have your site bookmarked... but please PM me it if you are not a sponsor. Thanks
Kyle
Old 07-25-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hightempsilicone

Jim
Hi Jim, Nice to meet you especially in one of my posts.
I've been visiting your ebay store and your website for sometime now.....but this is freaky How'd you guys know that us LS1 guys were surfing your site???

Good thing though, I will be calling you guys monday to place an order You have some really nice stuff, as for the 4-4.5 I don't know if anyone here will need something that big
J
Old 07-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Teching In

I am making a few parts for the Corvette right now. I helped a guy out when he couldnt find a special part. He turned me onto a few new items that need to be made such as a 3.75"/4.50" x 5.5" long transition for a C5. Thats how I found out about this site.

I also check the referring domains on my website

I had 10,000 T-bolts shipped to the wrong address last week. I have to deal with this in the morning so if you call on Monday, make sure you after 12PM PST.

Jim

Quick Reply: Finally My Inter Cooler problems might be solved..