Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dart Big M and Big M Pro max Boost

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dart Big M and Big M Pro max Boost

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had information about the maximum sustainable pressure from the Dart Big M and Big M pro blocks. I have seen that the thickness between the cylinders is much smaller than a Dart Next2 and an LSX, I guess they can withstand much less pressure, even if knowing the Dart build quality it wouldn't surprise me if they had created such a large block that supports without problems 40 -45 psi
Old 05-10-2022, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

Assuming you're referencing the BBC Dart Big M - they're very stout. A friend has one in 540" with twin gen 2 promod 88's and has made 2000 wheel on the dyno. I would trust even just the basic Big M to 2500 fwhp with good internals for sure. They're stout units.
The following users liked this post:
Animale (05-11-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you very much, please could you tell me at what boost pressure your friend's engine works? I'm trying to get an idea of the limits of the block, in case in my area, I can't find someone who knows how to do a proper cnc port to the dart heads. Thank you very much for your reply
Old 05-11-2022, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

It makes 2000 rwhp and probably 2200 fwhp at 40 psi. Not sure where you are looking but there are quite a few people who will do turbo BBC's. Steve Morris, Proline, Fast Times Motorsports, Harrell Engine & Dyno (HED), Thompson Motorsports, Texas Speed, TKM, CNC Motorsports etc etc. You can also purchase a number of BBC heads (Dart, AFR, Brodix) already CNC'd. I wouldn't mess with buying castings then having someone CNC them. Unless you're trying to get crazy you don't need an exotic head on a BBC with boost to make big power.

https://www.airflowresearch.com/cyli...cylinder-head/

https://www.cnc-motorsports.com/perf...588-short-deck

The following users liked this post:
Animale (05-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Dart Big M and Big M Pro max Boost