Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huronspeed 4" bumper exit for v3 AC F-Body kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2024, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 606 Likes on 479 Posts

I've been trying to figure out that black box as well. All I know is, it connects to the vacuum line that comes off the back of the intake and goes to a check valve-T that then enters the dash, presumably for the HVAC system.
Old 08-05-2024, 08:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Joshua,

what’s this bracket? My Huron V3 A/C kit didn’t include that.

The following users liked this post:
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-05-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 565 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoyWS6
Joshua,

what’s this bracket? My Huron V3 A/C kit didn’t include that.

Alternator relocation bracket.
Some of the Huron Speed kits retain factory alternator location which is why you may not have gotten one.
I think because Joshua started with an On3 kit, he had to relocate his.
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-05-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The ******
Some of the Huron Speed kits retain factory alternator location which is why you may not have gotten one.
Ok cool.

Im switching to the Huron T6 A/C kit. It also doesn’t require the repositioning of any front end engine accessory.
The following 2 users liked this post by BigBoyWS6:
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-05-2024), The BallSS (08-05-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 565 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoyWS6
Ok cool.

Im switching to the Huron T6 A/C kit. It also doesn’t require the repositioning of any front end engine accessory.
I'm currently running the Huron Speed T6 kit now with my alternator relocated to the same position.
I highly recommend upgrading the alternator if still running the factory unit, those are barely enough from the factory and won't keep up with high powered fans, pumps, etc.
A truck alternator (from an Escalade) works well and will fit in the factory location (it's a little bit tight), or an aftermarket unit like from JS works very well.
According to JS the 4th gen F-body alternator case is smaller than the truck alternator case so output at idle is a little less but would probably be fine for most applications.
I opted for the larger truck case because I have a lot of loads on mine at idle, (EWP, fuel pumps, A2W Pump, engine/trans fans, etc.) and I cruise around at low speed a lot.
BigBoyWS6 (08-05-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

I'm currently running the Huron Speed T6 kit now with my alternator relocated to the same position.
I highly recommend upgrading the alternator if still running the factory unit, those are barely enough from the factory and won't keep up with high powered fans, pumps, etc.
A truck alternator (from an Escalade) works well and will fit in the factory location (it's a little bit tight), or an aftermarket unit like from JS works very well.
According to JS the 4th gen F-body alternator case is smaller than the truck alternator case so output at idle is a little less but would probably be fine for most applications.
I opted for the larger truck case because I have a lot of loads on mine at idle, (EWP, fuel pumps, A2W Pump, engine/trans fans, etc.) and I cruise around at low speed a lot.
Great info, thanks.

I PM'ed you.

Bit with the more powerful alternator and the Huron T6 A/C kit, can I keep the alternator in the factory location?
Old 08-05-2024, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 157 Likes on 122 Posts

hey there, it's a CBR alternator relocation bracket with turn buckle adjustment. I was on the cxracing kit, but yeah, you have to relocate with those kits. I didn't feel like getting into tapping the LQ4 that doesn't have the provisions for the brackets to put the alternator back in the driver low position currently, but yes the V3 fbody huron t4 kit provisions for stock alternator location.
Old 08-06-2024, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
hey there, it's a CBR alternator relocation bracket with turn buckle adjustment. I was on the cxracing kit, but yeah, you have to relocate with those kits. I didn't feel like getting into tapping the LQ4 that doesn't have the provisions for the brackets to put the alternator back in the driver low position currently, but yes the V3 fbody huron t4 kit provisions for stock alternator location.
Ok cool thanks.
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Huronspeed 4" bumper exit for v3 AC F-Body kit questions