Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI Procharger or leave stock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question ATI Procharger or leave stock?

My left brain says leave my 2002 SS M6,SLP 345 HP Package CME, Blistein, Chrome 5-Spoke, STB, SFC, Pro 5.0 w/LSS Completey Stock!!! It will be worth more if I ever sale it. (Which I won't until I'm to old to drive) I have 12,000 miles on it and never drive in rain or winter.

My right brain says don't screw with emmisions and waste my time with heads/cam, and headers...have to move the CATs so it becomes illegal in some states. Just drop in a D-1SC Procharger and keep everything else stock. Its a bolt on right? Yes I'll need new fuel injectors and fuel pump and Dyno Tuning = bolt on 150 horse power increase over stock!!!

I'm worried about longivity of the Procharger. What happens to it like 10-20 years from now. I don't race it. Only drive it for fun. Shouldn't it last a long time? How many miles can you put on a Procharger?

Okay so...left brain or right brain??????
What you say?
Old 08-21-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would say play it safe and run 5-6 psi and tune it right on the dyno with a wideband and always run good gas and dont worry about and be happy and drive it. Theres lots of guys on here with many miles on the kits.......... its when you get greedy for more boost and power on a stock motor is when things go down hill fast........... just keep the boost moderatly low and get a good tune and you should be fine.
Hope that helps.
Kyle
Old 08-21-2004, 03:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p1sc for sale

selling a p1sc 3500.00 or bo located in ct.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

I am in the same predicament.

I want to go with a D1SC, which IMO would go nicely with my LT headers and catback, as well as my 3800 stall

I would probably have it tuned safely for 5-8psi.....Is 8psi pushing it?
Old 08-21-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I am in the same predicament.

I want to go with a D1SC, which IMO would go nicely with my LT headers and catback, as well as my 3800 stall

I would probably have it tuned safely for 5-8psi.....Is 8psi pushing it?
I dont think 8 psi is pushing it.... as long as you have the pump, injectors and tuning to back it up........ Note... with LT's, no cats and my catback i lost boost from when i had a stock motor...... now...... what your thinking is just pulley back up.... wrong.... thats were you get into trouble...... boost is addictive...........
Old 08-21-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm, have you guys ever thought about using nitrous? blown cars are awesome, but they are very finicky.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

this is a fun car and not a collector's item. some people bought an 87 Mustang and kept it in storage (under 1,000 miles) until now to sell (since it's extinct). for $10-15k. nobody wants it.

a GNX is more rare than an Fbody, but considering that it cost $28-32k in 1987...damn, that's alot in 1987...!!!! with inflation, fincancing cost, storage cost...they're not worth that much now, compared to what it cost to buy and store one. if they financed it for 5 years, then the lost is even higher. and the GN and GNX were well sought after cars from 1987 until now. while the 4th gen Fbody is almost a flop from a marketing standpoint.

have fun and mod it!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1QWIKZ
hmmm, have you guys ever thought about using nitrous? blown cars are awesome, but they are very finicky.
Yeah I am in the middle of choosing which route I want to go.

Either

A)100-150shot of Nitrous
Good: Cheap
Bad: Not always on, have to keep refilling

B) High 220s cam
Good: high HP, some reliablity
Bad: around 2K once all is said and done, and if you want more, you gotta do it all over again or get heads

C) Supercharge
Good: Always on, reliable if you allow it to be, easy to go back to stock, easy to install
Bad: Cost

D) Turbo
Good: Gobs of HP, and tons of room for more
Bad: Cost, and my header/catback combo that cost me 2K is worth nothing now

Right now I am leaning towards the Supercharger, it seems you can get a lightly used D1SC for $3000 plus or minus a few hundred, plus i'll get to keep my headers and catback and always have the power on tap with reliability. I think I could squeeze out about 400-450 rwhp out of it, currently I have 330rwhp....Is that too far fetched?
Old 08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Default P-1SC or D-1SC

I guess I should just do a search huh.
The D-1SC is what everyone is saying to get.
Others say if it's just for the street and you are not going to mod your car for more HP then the P-1SC is okay. Does the P-1SC produce boost faster than the D-1SC and the D-1SC just could produce more boost if car had lower compression heads?

Which one is louder?