Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS kit instructions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS kit instructions

Could some one please send me the instructions that come with the STS kit. I am building my own but the shop that is going to be doing the tuning would just like to see the instructions, I wouldn't mind either. Thank you.
Wolfee
Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Putting those 42lbers to good use I see....

SC-
Old 09-20-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Absolutely, just need to get the oil pump and intercooler. I hope to go to LPE's somtime this week for some baseline numbers. I already have track numbers for before.
Wolfee
Old 09-20-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default STS Instructions

Wolfee,
I too built my own and would have loved to see the instructions from STS, but they had to tons of hours of R&D to come up with their kits and instructions, how fair is it to them, for people to reep their R&D for free? I felt guilty steeling the "Idea" however they did not have a "twin" kit available and I wanted to do something a bit different.

I can tell you if you are trying to "reproduce" their kit and you "think" you are going to save money building your own kit, you are going to regret it. I cant possibly explain to you the nickel and dime parts that you will spend money on. Their kit is a good price and a good kit, if its not too late I would "strongly" suggest re-thinkin it.

Just my .02 cents..

If you do make your own, keep me and others informed on the $'s and how it turns out!
Old 09-20-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Flipper
Wolfee,
I too built my own and would have loved to see the instructions from STS, but they had to tons of hours of R&D to come up with their kits and instructions, how fair is it to them, for people to reep their R&D for free? I felt guilty steeling the "Idea" however they did not have a "twin" kit available and I wanted to do something a bit different.

I can tell you if you are trying to "reproduce" their kit and you "think" you are going to save money building your own kit, you are going to regret it. I cant possibly explain to you the nickel and dime parts that you will spend money on. Their kit is a good price and a good kit, if its not too late I would "strongly" suggest re-thinkin it.

Just my .02 cents..

If you do make your own, keep me and others informed on the $'s and how it turns out!
Flipper,
I've stated already how much my kit is and how much I have in it so far in other posts but here is the run down. $935 in the turbo and wastegate. $100 in the fuel pump, $250 in the 42lb injectors. I need to get the oil pump and the intercooler yet, another $500 for that and then the tubing, another $500. So as far as I can tell that is only around $2300, oh yeah, plus another $300 for hoses and clamps, plus $500 for tuning. So for approximately $3100 I will have a kit that has more boost potential plus an intercooler. As for copyright or anything else, I don't feel bad. I plan on possibly building a "normal" kit this winter if I have the time, I sure won't feel bad for QMP or anyone else just because I decided to do the same thing they are! I do appreciate the idea, but plenty of people have gotten ideas from other people over the years and then made it work for them. Who knows that this isn't truly what happened for Rick. I'm NOT saying he stole someone elses idea but it happens in all fields of most any industry. Anyway, the instructions aren't that important, I was asked to bring them up to a local tuner and I figured it wouldn't be that hard to get them, actually not that big of a deal! If I can't figure it out on my own after others have also done the same thing without instructions then I really don't deserve the benefits. Thanks for your input, but are you going to send the instructions or not!
Wolfee
Old 09-20-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good on paper hope it works out for $3100! Good luck and look forward to seeing some hard numbers!

What oil pump are you going to use?

What intercooler are you going to use?

I am working on a intercooler myself currently....

Good luck, sounds like you have a good grasp on things so far....
Old 09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

Hey flipper,
I think I remember you posting some sweet pictures of your twin set-up, not done yet Probably going to use the Tilton, I can get good deals on them because I get circle track stuff for cheap I'll be going with the somewhat "standard" for the list OBX. I hope to get the before dyno numbers this week from the shop that is going to do the tuning, so far the car runs 12.60's @ 108. I'm hoping for 500-550 RWHP on their dynojet with the T70. Then I'd love to see low 11's or close. I'm very excited to get this done, I'm just kind of shy on cash right now, damnit! Maybe I shouldn't have just bought that truck
Wolfee

Quick Reply: STS kit instructions