Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about TTi Street Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004 | 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Question about TTi Street Turbo kit

Seems like a good kit but, I'm kinda wondering how well it would do with the turbo running off of just one manifold/ head. Wouldn't that give a real problem with tuning and flow? It seems to me that one side of the motor would be doing all the work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong
Old 10-16-2004 | 10:11 PM
Launching!

I too have been wondering about this kit too, I just can't decide if I want to go blower or turbo.
Old 10-16-2004 | 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going turbo I just can't decide which kit is better. I know I don't want the TTi race kit, even though I like the idea of headers instead of a log manifold.

I think I'm going to call QMP Monday and inquire about there Twin kit. It looked like a real good quality kit from the pics of Lingenfelter SS's car.
Old 10-17-2004 | 01:55 AM
TECH Regular

The TTi street kit runs off both exaust manifolds. There is a crossover underneith the car the goes in the back of the log. The kit works great and alot of people have made alot of power with it. Best street kit on the market by far. Mine will be tuned very soon. But make sure you do valve springs at the same time. Dont even bother with the stock springs. They float right away. Thats the problem i have/had, mine were floating really bad were the car wouldn't see over 380rwhp no matter what i did. Springs will be in soon.
Old 10-17-2004 | 03:46 AM
Launching!

Would you say this kit would be totally better than an ati procharger? I just can't seem to make up my mind.
Old 10-17-2004 | 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the TTi street better than Redline Motorsports kit?
Old 10-17-2004 | 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wouldn't invest in the street kit, the race kit is for sure the way to go
Old 10-17-2004 | 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really just want a street kit. The reason for that is at the moment I have a TRex in the car. I'm going to get rid of it because of the terriable driveability. I don't want to jump into the same boat with going to big on a turbo. Plus I mainly just show the car and don't really run it that hard. It will go to the track but not that much.

I really need some advice on the Redline Motorsports kit. I'm now thinking of going this route.
Old 10-18-2004 | 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

The TTi kit is a decent kit, just go with the T-76 upgrade. Valve springs are also a must as previously stated. I put down 523hp 589ft/lbs at 10psi with weak tune.

Either way, I think the turbo route is better than any supercharger out for the F-body at this time. Just look how many sc guy's are switching to turbos.

Note: the redline kit would be more effecient (and probably make a little more power) than the TTi street kit.

Later,
Dave
Old 10-18-2004 | 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

I plan on getting the basic exhaust parts from the QMP kit from stainlessworks. Then I can get my own turbo, fuel system and have a custom FMIC like everyone else has done, I don't want the stock intercooler that the kits have, I love the look of a front mount on a V8, talk about intimadating, especially if you show your car. You would save a lot of money that way too.
Old 10-18-2004 | 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLk01SS
I really just want a street kit. The reason for that is at the moment I have a TRex in the car. I'm going to get rid of it because of the terriable driveability. I don't want to jump into the same boat with going to big on a turbo. Plus I mainly just show the car and don't really run it that hard. It will go to the track but not that much.

I really need some advice on the Redline Motorsports kit. I'm now thinking of going this route.

If you have terrible driveability you need a new tuner. I have many friends with the trex cam in thier cars and they drive just fine. NO ISSUES.
Old 10-19-2004 | 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would look at this link. Looks pretty impressive. https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/226724-hot-new-video-ws6-vs-single-turbo-supra.html
Old 10-19-2004 | 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

That WS6 is very FAST, but it has the race kit which is not the same as the TTi street kit. Two completely different animals.
Old 10-19-2004 | 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am putting down 500 at the rear wheels through an A4 with a 3200 Vigi on a Mustang dyno. My kit is the TTI T-76 kit. The only thing holding me back is the fact that the supplied intercooler is too small and doesnt get much airflow up against the radiator (even with the front bumper mod) so my IAT's are kind of sucky. In the spring I am going the OBX route. Also if you can, upgrade the Wastegate now, the Deltagate is holding ok now for me but I know it is at its limit and will have to be upgraded for higher levels.

Quick Reply: Question about TTi Street Turbo kit