Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Analysis of turbo QMP t-63 dyno 5 psi valve float?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Analysis of turbo QMP t-63 dyno 5 psi valve float?

Alas it's time to put away the Camaro for the winter. (its pouring ice pellets here in Port Elgin Ontario Canada)

With 5 psi it's been a fun ride all summer long.

Have a look at my dyno from and feel free to comment. (Note when this was done PCV valve was bad, and It threw smoke clouds, since fixed, but I think I paid the price by having to set conservative timing, to stay out of knock. I should have asked for the exact timing but was so happy about the torque, I forgot!). Are there indications of valve float?

Feel Free to move this to the dyno section Mr. Administrator.

I'm doing the rear end over the winter, likely throw in a set of 918 springs or patriots, Alcohol, torque arm, and some stickier tires, then retune @ 7psi

Thanks for any advice in advance.

98 SS QMP T-63, borla exhause (open), walbro 340, 42lb injectors, AMW catch can pcv, SPEC 3 clutch, SFC, STB, MBC, stock tires.
Attached Thumbnails Analysis of turbo QMP t-63 dyno 5 psi valve float?-qmp-t63-5psi-hp-torque-small.jpg  
Old 10-17-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lust4Thrust
Alas it's time to put away the Camaro for the winter. (its pouring ice pellets here in Port Elgin Ontario Canada)

With 5 psi it's been a fun ride all summer long.

Have a look at my dyno from and feel free to comment. (Note when this was done PCV valve was bad, and It threw smoke clouds, since fixed, but I think I paid the price by having to set conservative timing, to stay out of knock. I should have asked for the exact timing but was so happy about the torque, I forgot!). Are there indications of valve float?

Feel Free to move this to the dyno section Mr. Administrator.

I'm doing the rear end over the winter, likely throw in a set of 918 springs or patriots, Alcohol, torque arm, and some stickier tires, then retune @ 7psi

Thanks for any advice in advance.

98 SS QMP T-63, borla exhause (open), walbro 340, 42lb injectors, AMW catch can pcv, SPEC 3 clutch, SFC, STB, MBC, stock tires.

Yes your power should stay good till around 6000 and it falls off. Not that bad though.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Usually valve float looks like a richter scale reading. lots of up and down peaks but pretty much a horizontal line. I'll say what I haev always said, the T63 is not enough turbo. Nothing wrong with the setup, though. Nice numbers

-Geoff
Old 10-17-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you are using stock springs, that could be the problem. rob had the same issues on his 98 formula until he put in the 918's. good numbers btw
Old 10-18-2004, 05:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at only the 5psi you are using i dont think youll see valve flot, and i cant see it on your chart any where.

Quick Reply: Analysis of turbo QMP t-63 dyno 5 psi valve float?