Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Which is better ATI Race Bypass or Vortech Race Maxflo Race Bypass...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Good on the smoke then, I didn't think I had to worry.

STS is on That's awesome. Let us know how its feels after Don works his magic on it. FMIC should go up real easy. Can't wait to hear some SOTP evaluations.
J
completely untuned it still starts spooling at 1800(4psi) by 3500 its went 12+ and don got out of it cause its untuned and no fmic yet,also cause it was in 3rd gear and spinning out of control Car sounds so quiet until your into it, then the turbo sings its song. So it spools quick even with a 10-1 pegged a/f We were just seeing how the boost was and were it was at. My lowest setting is 12 it looks like The tires spin so hard that even after letting out they spun 20 more yards. So far its looking good. Nice install and very clean.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info. what size turbo did you go with again and what IC??
Kyle
Old 10-20-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good eval, but lets get down to the nitty gritty.....how's it compared to the ATI so far....I know its untuned but you have to have an opinion on this

Gotta love 12psi without trying too hard, glad to hear that it spools rather quickly too.....keep bringing the info...and maybe some video
J
Old 10-21-2004, 06:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a gt70 and the IC is basically the obx you guys have.
I havent got to drive the car yet but from dons intial findings it drives better untuned then the ati did tuned. The engine is quiet and smooth as well. When I drive it I will give you two a full report.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Will look forward to your review....

OK> Got my Vortech Flange in the mail today....got here before the Mondo Bypass???

Any pics of how this will go onto the pipe, so I can start welding it before the mondo gets here....without having the bypass here in my lap...I can't visualize how to mount it. So if anyone has a pic or two on how this flange welds up let me know,
J

Quick Reply: Which is better ATI Race Bypass or Vortech Race Maxflo Race Bypass...