Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MORE Performance....800+ RWHP blown 427

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by granitemonkey
C5-R block 427, ATI F1 blower, 6-speed
My bad, I thought they PSJ was talking about the 800 rwhp NA motor qouted above. I will quit whoring up Quicken's thread now.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by XIII
They are qouting 800 "RW"HP on a N/A set-up? I have seen one and heard of several in the low 600 range, how do they plan on getting nearly 200 rwhp more than everyone else?
They said it would be 800 FWHP NORMALLY ASPIRATED. Thats with a solid roller cam, sheet metal intake and using the C5R block AND C5R heads. 100 octane would be required full time. They said it would be streetable, but the rpm at idle would be set at about 1,200.

Just to clarify if anyone was confued at what I meant.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
i think that 800 number is more likely a flywheel horsepower but even still that's impressive for motor only.

me i'd rather be blown!
I magine putting a blower on top of the 800 FWHP NA C5R engine, for the street
Old 10-22-2004, 06:49 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quickin
They said it would be 800 FWHP NORMALLY ASPIRATED. Thats with a solid roller cam, sheet metal intake and using the C5R block AND C5R heads. 100 octane would be required full time. They said it would be streetable, but the rpm at idle would be set at about 1,200.

Just to clarify if anyone was confued at what I meant.
I find those numbers hard to believe.The engine in my drag car doesn't make quite that much power on a engine dyno NA.And it is far more agressive than what you descrbe above.I think 700fwhp is a more realistic number.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Car

Anyone seen or heard of it? Any info on it?
Its mine...what would you like to know, I have no secrets.

Bryan Wilkinson
Charlotte, NC
Old 10-22-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default No Turbo

Originally Posted by Billy the Great
why not a turbo setup. If speed made 850 with a 348 and a stock computer imgine what a 427 and a bs3 could make

I am going to step out on a limb and **** off a bunch of people. There are a lot of people on this forum with Turbos making stupid power. Period.

However, Burn twice as strong half as long.

The heat generated by the extra plumbing, and extra heat to the oil system, as compared to a centrifugal blower, is much much lower. Ease of installation is much easier, and engine compartment looks so much cleaner when you are done.

When I desiged this engine setup, (and I have to say this because I want to remove any liability from More, More assembled my design, with my parts. ) Cam choice and current tune on the car is by More.

This car is capable of over 1000RWHP, with a different rod selection and different compression ratio.

After talking to Lingenfelter, MTI, the late Morgan Motorsports More Performance is the best LS1/LS6 Shop in the US right now. The quality of work and the attention to detail is unmatched by any company I have ever worked with.

A Supercharger is not for everyone. But after my research it was for me.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How streetable was it? Thats important to me.

bs3

First in response to turbo boy, I am making 800RWHP and 753RWTQ on 10#'s of boost, that equates to no strain on the motor and no strain on the blower.

Heres the challenge. Please anyone in the LS1 world show me a turbo setup that makes 920 FLHP on 10#'s of boost on any engine setup and can do the following. You can see the dyno graph at www.perigee.net/~lunapark/800dyno.html

1.Drive it like a car that just came right off the show room floor.
2.Drive it every day, hot, cold, medium weather.
3.Pass North Carolina Inspection.

The only thing that can be challenging in the car is navigating in a gas station parking lot with a detroit locker.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billy the Great
bs3=big stuff 3 (aftermarket ecu)
and as far as i know the car was very streetable i know it had a small cam and way a pretty mild setup till you got on it

Computer is General Motors Stock ECM.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
They can do that but it will be like 15:1 compression and wont' be able to run on pump gas.

The easiest way to make 800 to the wheel is with a big ole turbo. I know you want to go for top end races so that would be your best option.
You would be 10000000000% incorrect. This is the problem on these forums, way too much information.

The 800RWHP was indeed made with 10#'s of boost, on 9.8:1 compression, and it indeed runs on BP/Amoco 93 Octane Gas.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BiggerIsBetter
Check this out before. I was on the verge of doing a deal but decided on MTI instead.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/202489-fun-day-moreperformance.html
This would be your loss sir, if you have to read it, make sure you read the whole thing.

The guy driving the corvette that broke was stupid and didnt check his oil pressure.

The quality of work and level of detail that More and their team do is unmatched by any company in the country.
PERIOD.

You will not find anyone else anywhere that is picky and detailed as I am about work being done to my cars.

I was physically told by MTI, that you can't make 800RWHP with the setup that I have. I am not sure that would want that level of intelligence working on my car.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are qouting 800 "RW"HP on a N/A set-up? I have seen one and heard of several in the low 600 range, how do they plan on getting nearly 200 rwhp more than everyone else?

Has to have forced induction or nitrous.

Cannot do 800RWHP or in this case 920 Flywheel on a N/A motor.

I really hate to brag but this is 150HP+ more than the lingenfelter twin turbo setup that raced the Figher Jet. Because them and ATI all rate their ratings at the flywheel.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
So Bryan will be running the car on November 6th. Cool.
On Street Tires.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
I find those numbers hard to believe.The engine in my drag car doesn't make quite that much power on a engine dyno NA.And it is far more agressive than what you descrbe above.I think 700fwhp is a more realistic number.
Remember bro, MORE already builds a 725 FWHP 427 LS6 blocked NORMALLY ASPIRATED engine. Tried and tested, its real, it works, its a fact that we all have to live with.

NOW, I spoke to Mike about a C5R block AND a C5R heads engine with all the same types of goodies. Solid roller cam, sheet metal intake AND 12.5:1 compression with the use of 100 octane gas. He said the C5R block and head engine will put out another 75-80 hp, no problem. DUE TO THE USE OF THE AMAZING C5R HEADS. That equals 800 FWHP.

What am I missing in this equation, if anything?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
Its mine...what would you like to know, I have no secrets.

Bryan Wilkinson
Charlotte, NC
How are ya man?

You're the guy that Mike told me about then. I've been wanting a sick blower engine for a long time now. But I'd like to have more than 800 RWHP, like 1,000. This car will become my weekend car soon and I want to make it silly, SILLY!
TH400 and a built FORD 9" rear-end. If money dictates, it'll be a blown C5R block and C5R head engine. I don't care about running around with race gas either. Or just use my ARE 436 thats in my car now, whatever it takes.
I'll have to get in touch with you and chat.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That would be incredible. Do you have any details of the motor/car?
2002 Trans Am with Manual 6 Speed
C5-R 427
Moldex Billet Crank 4.00 inch stroke
Carillo Connecting Rods 6.100"
Diamon Pistons with a -15cc Dish
LS6 Heads from More Performance cut to 73cc Chamber.
Jesel Mohawk Shaft Rockers 1.7 Ratio (More and myself)
With the Gasket Compression ratio calcs out to 9.8 to 1
Cam is 232/240 .600/.600 I been asked not to give the LS, I didn't picked so I cannt share without permission.
Stock LS1 Water Pump
6.0 Liter Ignition Coils
LSX Intake
Stock MAF (Going to SD Tune)
LSX 90mm Throttle Body
Upgraded forks in Transmission, Aluminum Flywheel, Aluminum Presure Plate Spec 3 Clutch Full Surface Ceramic
ATI F1 Blower, running a Steel bracket, and 8 rib 3.85 Pulley
ATI Race Blowoff Vavle, (Man this thing is serious)
Gauges are SPA for Boost/Intake Air
Dual Wideband PLX Devices to monitor both sides of engines.
Based on Boost Gage we are seeing 10lbs of boost.
Custom Intercooler built by More Performance driving down the road I have read as low as 58 degrees at 3 lbs of boost.
Fuel System is Aeromotive 1000 with Regulator
Aeromotive Voltage Regulator for Fuel Pump
BIllet Fuel Rails
71# injectors RC Engineering
Garden Hose Size Fuel lines. Teflon type lines
Mark Williams 9" rear End with Detroit Locker
Mark Williams Carbon Drive Shaft
True Tech Performance Aluminum Control Arms (would not change these for anything in the world)
Custom Radiator 29 X 14X2.5 with Dual Spal 11" Fans.
Stock O2 Sensors
Full Cats from Random Technology (No tricks here)
Corsa Exhaust System
Wilwood 6 Piston Calipers up front.

Engine Specs

Diamond Pistons:
Dish -15cc
Top Dead Center
1.135” compression Height @9.235 Deck Height
2618 Forging
.005 down in the piston hole

Bore: 4.125

Stroke: 4.00

Rod Length: 6.100

Head Gasket:
Brand: Cometic LS1
Compression Thickness 4.140 bore .043” thickness
9.8:1 CR

LS6 Heads:73cc

Deck Height:9.24”

Cylinder Bore Spacing:4.40”

9.887449:1 with 73cc

Displacement 427.648
Cylinder Head Volume CI 4.45393
Piston Volume CI .91519
Deck Volume CI 6.68201
Head Gasket Volume CI .57884

This pretty much covers it all

You can see a picture of the engine at
www.perigee.net/~lunapark/engine.html

and the dyno graph at
www.perigee.net/~lunapark/dyno800.html

If you have any other questions, all you have to do is ask. Anyone that would like a ride to judge for themselves, all you have to do is come to Charlotte and drop me an email.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Remember bro, MORE already builds a 725 FWHP 427 LS6 blocked NORMALLY ASPIRATED engine. Tried and tested, its real, it works, its a fact that we all have to live with.

NOW, I spoke to Mike about a C5R block AND a C5R heads engine with all the same types of goodies. Solid roller cam, sheet metal intake AND 12.5:1 compression with the use of 100 octane gas. He said the C5R block and head engine will put out another 75-80 hp, no problem. DUE TO THE USE OF THE AMAZING C5R HEADS. That equals 800 FWHP.

What am I missing in this equation, if anything?
My research concurs with this number. C5-R heads will seriously outflow any other LS1 Head.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How are ya man?

You're the guy that Mike told me about then. I've been wanting a sick blower engine for a long time now. But I'd like to have more than 800 RWHP, like 1,000. This car will become my weekend car soon and I want to make it silly, SILLY!
TH400 and a built FORD 9" rear-end. If money dictates, it'll be a blown C5R block and C5R head engine. I don't care about running around with race gas either. Or just use my ARE 436 thats in my car now, whatever it takes.
I'll have to get in touch with you and chat.
I have already done the necessary research on the C5-R heads. Would be more than happy to share my findings on building a blown app with those heads.

Bryan
my private email is lunapark@perigee.net, drop me a line.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
I have already done the necessary research on the C5-R heads. Would be more than happy to share my findings on building a blown app with those heads.

Bryan
my private email is lunapark@perigee.net, drop me a line.
When I was researching shops 2 years ago for a stroker I also went to LPE and MTI, they both told me there is no way I can get 480-500 RWHP from a N/A engine, and have a smooth idle. They said 440 to 450 was all they good get. ARE did it. My engine is pretty much as smooth as a stock engine, maybe a tiny tiny bit different. Definitely allot more room for cam and more HP. Plus I have the LS1 stage III heads and LS6 intake.

I'll e-mail you tomorrow with all my questions and concerns.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bryan, what is your intercooler setup? How are you getting air to the FMIC for that amount of power.....did you have to hack up the front facia (take out front plate area and fog lamps) or was More able to duct air to it by some other means?
Old 10-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Coal Mining Director

Bryan, I'm impressed with you and your car. Great setup. However, a couple of your facts are wrong. The 8 second LPE turbo car makes a "tad" more than 650 rwhp...when it out gunned the jet. Plus, even though 800rwhp is a great hallmark (and don't think I'm not impressed as I am), the area under the curve of a typical 725rwhp LPE TT would walk you at the strip. Am I biased toward LPE? Sure. They are the only shop that has a mechanical engineer on staff that can program in hex and add a 3bar map sensor to a factory ecm. You have an awesome ride, but I wouldn't hack at LPE as one of their lowly 9 second cars might make you feel bad. Run a high 8 or low 9 at Thunder and you can hack away at anybody. Good luck at Thunder!

Quick Reply: MORE Performance....800+ RWHP blown 427