Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What all is involved with a supercharger or turbocharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What all is involved with a supercharger or turbocharger?

I know you cant just buy a super or turbo charger and be ready to go. There are other things involved. But my question is, what else is involved with one or the other? I know i could search but that would take a long time and I would like for it to be all here in one post, thanks for any help! oh and for anyone with either of these, how is the drivebility because this is my daily driver! thanks again!
Old 11-07-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

No offense, but if you are planning on spending $7-$8 grand (kit + labor to install) and not want to invest a couple of hours reading about the pros and cons of each system, then you must have lots of money to spend and not much time to read. Invest some time by doing a search...it will save you money in the long run.

I'm up to about page 8 or 9 of all the posts in this forum and the other forum, and I'm still learning. You if don't read about the right question, you won't read about the right answer (for example...I just read that the ATI plenum is made of of plastic and explodes when boosted more than 5-6 psi.) You won't find out things like that in a 50 word reply that you expect.

BTW, I still plan on getting an ATI, but with the aluminum plenum because I plan to run more than 5-6 lbs of boost.

A search using 'ati procharger' and/or 'vortech' will return a ton of information from those who have 'been there done that'.

IMO Bob at EPP has the best replies for newbies (me) and what you need to get started with an ATI procharger. He's replied personnaly to every email I've sent him about options and pricing. But don't waste his time sending him emails when you can read his replies and knowledge of the product by doing a search.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Lots and lots and then some more!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do know that a common issue with S/C's is belt slippage. Remember, if you want to make a lot of power, make sure the rest of the car can handle it as well.

Quick Reply: What all is involved with a supercharger or turbocharger?