Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

aeromotive A1000 pump anyone using?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default aeromotive A1000 pump anyone using?

My car is currently setup with an aeromotive A1000 pump, says it will support 800hp EFI forced inducted. at 45psi. all the aeromotive pumps say that at their sight, "@ 45psi". if you put a rising rate regulator on, is the pump going to be able to make more pressure than 45psi?

anyone running this pump ? and is it capable of more pressure? the regulator they sell for it says it goes up to 70psi.

just wondering if it will work or get a new one.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the A1000, w/FPR, and FP controller and it works fine. I am hitting 687 RWHP, at about 60psi. all u would have to do is adjust the FPR if u want 70psi.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

ok, thanks, thats what i wanted to hear.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Launching!

We run that on one of our cars at 65psi. The pump is great, just loud
Old 12-02-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd ask Aeromotive for a fuel graph to see how much flow falls off at higher psi.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a A-1000 for sale, will take $175 shipped. It was used for about 500 miles and maybe 10 passes at the track. Nothing wrong with it, just got a great deal on a pro series pump and reg. so I'm going to install it and sell the A1000.
Tom
Old 12-02-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

i already have one, used it for the past 2 years. just with a carbed procharger setup.
all i needed to know if it would make enough pressure for a turbo EFI application.
thanks for the offer though. and thanks for the info.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I run one as well. I've hit 700rwhp with it. One really inportant lesson I've learned with it is, make sure it is wired through 10GA min.

I had mine wired with 12ga and my motor started running lean up top. I noticed a huge difference once I upgraded the wire size and wired it directly to the alternator.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nbm00ws6
I have a A-1000 for sale, will take $175 shipped. It was used for about 500 miles and maybe 10 passes at the track. Nothing wrong with it, just got a great deal on a pro series pump and reg. so I'm going to install it and sell the A1000.
Tom
Send me a PM about that...I might take it off your hands soon

Mike
Old 12-03-2004, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Send me a PM about that...I might take it off your hands soon

Mike

I have one with the FP Controller Unit as well. I needed to take it off. If you want it, it is yours for $200. This includes pump, fmcu, and all the mounting hardware (lines, connections, etc..).
Old 12-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Even though the pump is rated at 45 psi, can a regulator maintain pressure at 58 psi at the rails? Regulator located at the rails.

Keith
Old 12-03-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
My car is currently setup with an aeromotive A1000 pump, says it will support 800hp EFI forced inducted. at 45psi. all the aeromotive pumps say that at their sight, "@ 45psi". if you put a rising rate regulator on, is the pump going to be able to make more pressure than 45psi?

anyone running this pump ? and is it capable of more pressure? the regulator they sell for it says it goes up to 70psi.

just wondering if it will work or get a new one.
yep, A1000. do not use a rising rate regulator, adjust your FP to be fixed. It is easier to tune with. I am running the RC ENG 71lb injectors @ 62lbs, A1000, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, and according to Aeromotive, my system can support up to 1300 HP. All with the stock computer.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Are you talking about just the A1000 or the A1000 Eliminator?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

I find it hard to believe that the basic A1000 can support 1300bhp and equally as hard to believe that 71lb injectors could too.

Its a bit of a strange thing to do using a fixed pressure, even more so in a boosted application. the LS1 is the first engine Ive ever seen it done.

Boost referencing from say 45psi @ atmos ( which is normal for most efi cars ) would mean larger injectors flow less at lower rpm's, which should make them easier to tune with. Under engine vacuum pressure would be around 38psi, so you could get away with longer duty cycles ( I read the LS1 ecu can only go so low with this ) yet flowing less fuel, which would surely be a bonus for large injectors ??
FP would only ever increase to your stated 62psi if using 17psi of boost, so at that point both fuel systems should be equally capable.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've found it alot easier to tune a FI car with a steady fuel pressure too.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I find it hard to believe that the basic A1000 can support 1300bhp and equally as hard to believe that 71lb injectors could too.

Its a bit of a strange thing to do using a fixed pressure, even more so in a boosted application. the LS1 is the first engine Ive ever seen it done.

Boost referencing from say 45psi @ atmos ( which is normal for most efi cars ) would mean larger injectors flow less at lower rpm's, which should make them easier to tune with. Under engine vacuum pressure would be around 38psi, so you could get away with longer duty cycles ( I read the LS1 ecu can only go so low with this ) yet flowing less fuel, which would surely be a bonus for large injectors ??
FP would only ever increase to your stated 62psi if using 17psi of boost, so at that point both fuel systems should be equally capable.
Steve,

It was a suggestion as to fixed or not fixed on the fuel pressure, everyone has there own methods for going about it. The stock pcm which I am using is capable of many things that dumbfound many people. Would you believe that the stock PCM even has a table for controling nitrous from the factory.

In regards to calculating what my fuel system will or will not handle, you can call Bret at Aeromotive and discuss with him, I can tell you that the fuel lines that I have are the size of garden hose, and that with the 800RWHP that I am indeed making, I have to severely cut the injectors back in the PCM to keep the system from running rich on the upper end. I am not a tuner, and it came at the suggestion of people much smarter than me, to run in a fixed pressure configuration.
I never said that my fuel system configured as it is right now would support 1300hp, I said that my system was capable of supporting 1300hp. Meaning I would have to change the duty cycle of the injectors and the fuel pressure.

At a Brake Specific Fuel Consumption of .55 which is where I am with my boost.
A duty cycle of .98 which my injectors are capable of running, today they are at .80
and 65 lbs of Fuel pressure
Every fuel injector calculator in the world says 1300hp give or take a hp.

At my current Brake Specific Fuel Consumption of .55
and a duty cycle of .65
and a fuel pressure of 62
this is the configuration needed to support my 800hp.

Too many people take these calculations as gospel. They are a guide. The pump and size of the lines all play a factor. It is crazy to make statements like the one you made, as an american citizen you are entitled to believe or not believe anything you like. I would guess you would also find it hard to believe that my car running a stock pcm with 71 lb injectors, and gets 26 MPG on the highway. As ripley said, believe it or not!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

I am not a US citizen, but that doesnt make a difference.

I do fully understand what you say about pump and lines.
The basic A1000 is only rated at 800bhp by Aeromotive themselves Im assuming at 45psi as indicated on their website ( and is the pump I am using msyelf, but I will be uprating at some point in the future, and from viewing their website, there is only this one pump called the A1000=800bhp ). And While I have no experience working with the LS1 ecu and what it can do, I dont feel it makes much difference. The only limitation I referred to with it, was that I have read on LS1Tech that its lower pulse width is limited to around 1.5ms.
I am aware from reading here, it is very capable in other areas.

Running the higher pressure you suggest does make a difference to the injector flow, obviously.
I did try a few more online calcs, and there are 1 or 2 that do agree with you, if using 100% duty cycle ( which everyone agrees should not be done as it can be detrimental to the injector )
All also state that for a SC or Turbo application, BSFC shopuld be either 0.65 or 0.6 respectively. Again, it doenst make too much difference.

Another thing about a non referenced regulator which will affect flow, which no calculator will take account of.
I would think that for 1300bhp, you would need around 18-20psi boost on say a std size LS1 engine ( Im just guessing here, but follow me through )

So if you have 20psi in the intake manifold, and 62 psi in the fuel rail, you effectively have 20psi forcing against the fuel rail pressure, only allowing the injector to make use of 42psi, which would seriously effect any flow calcs for a FI motor, based on a fixed rail pressure.

With only 42psi available at the injector tip to deliver fuel, suddenly your flow rates through the injector have dropped by about 25lb/hr

If you had 62psi boost pressure in the inlet ( I know its silly ) then in reality, no fuel would exit the injector.

Im not in any way making a dig at anyone here. I am here to learn. If indeed it is possbile for a fuel system using injectors as small as 71lb to make such power without resorting to very high pressures or duty cycles, then that is excellent, as as a long term goal, I hope to achieve close to 1000bhp myself, but my own ecu cannot drive low imp injectors, and as 75lb is the largest high imp injector around, i was thinking I was going to have a problem in that area, or resort to using a high-low convertor..

It seems I may not have to do that now.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I am not a US citizen, but that doesnt make a it can be detrimental to the injector )
All also state that for a SC or Turbo application, BSFC shopuld be either 0.65 or 0.6 respectively. Again, it doenst make too much difference.
Where you may be having your problem is no one can confirm what boost level .55 and .60 are. I was told by all of the fuel injector companies that in my application I should be calculating with .6, which has proved to be way off and too high. So I am thinking .6 is at the upper 30psi. I do not believe I would need that much boost to make 1300hp, not that I want to.In my application 1 psi is worth 54hp according to the dyno. This varies between applications Im sure. So accoring to that calculation I would only need 9 more lbs of boost to get to 1300hp., I will bet that the boost is a exponential thing, so I propably dont need that much, provided I could deal with the static compression I would be creating.
In regards to what the injectors will deal with and not, It varies between injectors. RC ENG says that there injectors can be run at 100%, lets be real here, neither one of us is making 1300hp, neither one of us are going to. I made a statement and you tried to debunk it, using the math here you were wrong. The lesson learned here, is that not everyone on the forum knows what they are talking about.

Aeromotive is claiming 800. based on a serious set of reserved spefications. Based on my experience not LS1TECH, there are too many variables to make such a blanket statement like that one and the one you made. My setup by itself defies every myth that has been said about the LS1 as far as driveablity, gas milage, Hp on the stock computer, what size injectors the stock computer can drive and function with, the size of the radiator required to cool the engine, how much boost was required to make the HP I am making. All myths previously conjured up on this fourm.
Good luck on your 1000hp.

Quick Reply: aeromotive A1000 pump anyone using?