Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pro Turbo Kits > Christmas Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That welding talent will go far thats for sure. I wish we had the space of the fox bodies sometimes!
It'll be fun to watch this all unfold. First we'll have the release, then the orders, then the delays, then the issues (weather design or customer derived), the praises and then complaints, then more praises, then a few sick track times, then a few disappointments. I hope PTK keeps a thick skin cause no matter what, we are lucky to have them at least developing kits for our cars.
So far we've lost Tony DeQuick, Rob Raymer and Dave Inall.... each one was a tale of two cities. Lets hope we have another TTI story here.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto that, between the fact that we now have so much more FI LS1 knowledge, and we have better tuning tools, I am positive that we will be seeing lots of crazy numbers from the PTK kits. Unfortunately, due to price, I'll be seeing those crazy numbers on OTHER peoples cars :-) As for the future of PTK, they are a bigger/more established company than CAS or QMP... so I have faith in them...

Originally Posted by Jammer
That welding talent will go far thats for sure. I wish we had the space of the fox bodies sometimes!
It'll be fun to watch this all unfold. First we'll have the release, then the orders, then the delays, then the issues (weather design or customer derived), the praises and then complaints, then more praises, then a few sick track times, then a few disappointments. I hope PTK keeps a thick skin cause no matter what, we are lucky to have them at least developing kits for our cars.
So far we've lost Tony DeQuick, Rob Raymer and Dave Inall.... each one was a tale of two cities. Lets hope we have another TTI story here.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I take this all as no surprise... HP costs money, and developers need to make a profit..thats cool. Only one theme follows this thread...its that an earlier post led many to hope for a solution that was thousands less, thus opening up a door to many that previously could only dream of large FI numbers. Im sure PTK's will be quality and I expect them to outlast most other turbo companies out there. So, not that weve been told the $, lets move on and wish the kits well..Im sure we will see the Stock PCM being pushed, then a few with BS3, Fast or Gen 7 breaking the 1k hp level (my guess is late spring). Frcefed, Im sure HP kits will be a nice option as you stated, but this is a PTK thread afterall .
Old 12-12-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, if anyone went to Forced Inductions sight, they could have gotten a general estimate of what the price would have been. It's right about what I expected it to be...Since when has FI been cheap? Projected costs usually never work out.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..Or..
Old 12-13-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Junkie

frcefed, none taken at all...just thought I'd assist in getting the thread back to its owner Your point was well stated!
Competition is good for everyone.
Sometimes I wish our state and federal governments had more comprtition! Just got notice of my property tax increase..Pardon my rant, but just to give you an idea, in upstate NY a 400k house costs $9580 in property taxes!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 05:54 AM
TECH Addict

man that aint that bad, mine here in texas is around 300k and property tax is right at $7800
Old 12-13-2004, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

I think that you guys forget that these are race quality systems
that can produce in upwards of 1100 flywheel hp. How much would
you have to spend to make a supercharger do that. OR nitrous? The
systems are more than just the piping. They include fans, 5 ply silicone
and 135 amp alternator and the best v band clamping systems in the
industry. All stainless oil feed and drain lines. 2000* coatings. And all
of this stuff fits perfectly in your car. We have taken all of the guess
work out of a system to make race level Hp. The inital qoutes to build
these systems was not even close to what it cost. That is apparent.

Dalton
Old 12-13-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You pay for what you get.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Spambell
I think that you guys forget that these are race quality systems
that can produce in upwards of 1100 flywheel hp. How much would
you have to spend to make a supercharger do that. OR nitrous? The
systems are more than just the piping. They include fans, 5 ply silicone
and 135 amp alternator and the best v band clamping systems in the
industry. All stainless oil feed and drain lines. 2000* coatings. And all
of this stuff fits perfectly in your car. We have taken all of the guess
work out of a system to make race level Hp. The inital qoutes to build
these systems was not even close to what it cost. That is apparent.

Dalton
I read the whole post and to make that kind of power with n20 I would say you would have to invest around 2 grand.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Indeed... but you don't always get what you pay for.

Ever use a Product Engineering regulator on a carb'd setup? Plenty of cost involved... hell its upwards of 2 grand before its all over with for a decent regulator setup... a setup that isnt worth throwing at someone.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

not that anyone is doubting the quality of the kit, but there really arent any pictures of the kit installed, any dyno numbers, right now what we are hearing is send us your money and you have a bad *** kit.

Hopefully it is a bad *** kit, but there is no supporting evidence currently
Old 12-13-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I’ve already ordered my kit and have seen many different kits that PTK builds and can
say that they make some of the best Turbo kits on the market( and I’ve seen all of the production kits for the F-bodies and many different kits for mustangs). Most of the really fast turbo mustangs are running PTK kits. Just 1 month ago I saw a 331ci mustang go 8.65 at 168 in San Antonio with one of PTK’s thumper Kits. I’ve also seen numerous stock looking street cars here in TX running 10’s or better with PTK’s street kits.

The kits are going to look very similar to the LT-1 kits, and by now everyone has seen what they are capable of. I understand people being skeptical before the release of the finished product, but I am sure no one who buy’s one of these kits will be disappointed. Just try not to slam them too hard before the kit comes out because we really need to support more good sponcers. The more good companies out there, the cheaper we can make out cars faster.

By the way, I also convinced a buddy with a forged 4v 4.6 Cobra to switch from his Vortec to the PKT T76 GTS kit. This kit looks bad ***, and he should have it in 3-4 weeks so I’ll let y’all know what he thinks.

Later,
Dave
Old 12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Okay, getting back on topic with regards to information about the new kit. What will be the largest turbo this kit will allow? I've heard people refer to the PT76GTS. Will an ITS GT80 or a PT88 fit? I'm assuming they would probably start hitting the Radiator... if that is the case, would moving the radiator permit installation of these bigger turbos, or would the housings start hitting the front of the engine as well? What size downpipe? I see that it splits and then comes back together, I'm assuming that is just for ground clearance issues? What size Primaries? I see from pics that it looks as though the downpipe has a cut/weld in the middle of the first bend, will the production kits be like this, or were you able to get a tighter mandrel bend somewhere?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:23 PM
The Bull

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
I read the whole post and to make that kind of power with n20 I would say you would have to invest around 2 grand.
Sorry, that is so far off it's not even realistic. None of the N2O combos out there have really attained over 1000 HP that you can count on more then one hand. You could probably loose a couple fingers and still count how many there are. For 2 grand it's just not realistic to state it that way. The total expenses are far greater then that.

As far as Pro Turbo Kits reputation goes, the company is highly reputable and respected in the racing community. As far as their prices, given how much it costs to operate a specialty business like PTK I think they are pretty much on par with what it would cost if you wanted the same thing made by Wheel to Wheel or any of our other sponsors that are into custom fabrication.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DERTY
As far as their prices, given how much it costs to operate a specialty business like PTK I think they are pretty much on par with what it would cost if you wanted the same thing made by Wheel to Wheel or any of our other sponsors that are into custom fabrication.
I couldn't disagree more. I am certain that a custom fabricated setup by W2W that used tubular manifolds and retained all accessories would be MUCH more expensive than the PTK kit... but that's not really comparing apples to apples.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:42 PM
chronic masturbator

i think the kit looks pretty good and for those who said there are no good pics of it installed you havent looked to well i just might jump on the kit after i see how well it works for others. although i would like to see how the intercooler piping would be laid out as well as the placement of the airfilter on a t/a ls1 kit
Old 12-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SUPER DAVES Z
By the way, I also convinced a buddy with a forged 4v 4.6 Cobra to switch from his Vortec to the PKT T76 GTS kit. This kit looks bad ***, and he should have it in 3-4 weeks so I’ll let y’all know what he thinks.

Later,
Dave
Let me know how it works out, his will probably be done before mine is !!!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

All of the PTK kits (mustangs) I have seen worked very well and I would not hestitate to buy from them.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:30 PM
The Bull

Originally Posted by XJGPN
I couldn't disagree more. I am certain that a custom fabricated setup by W2W that used tubular manifolds and retained all accessories would be MUCH more expensive than the PTK kit... but that's not really comparing apples to apples.
I think you get the point perfectly. This stuff is not cheap and those who are complaining about price point should go and check prices out. Also, one time only deals are very expensive from anyone, including W2W. Once you have the first one done and jigged up each additional one can be done for a lot less cost. Which is very likely how this is done, just like Livernois turbo kit for trucks are made. Now that it's jigged up it can be banged out rather quickly versus the first ones that were hand made with no jigs. Their price point is very close to the PTK setup. That's a more apples to apples comparison as far as kits are concerned.

Quick Reply: Pro Turbo Kits > Christmas Sale!