Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

took the car for a drive today...SDCE people in here please

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using the shims you gave me......only 3 out of 4 though........looking at it from my point of view, the whole assembly would be even better if it came back slightly, I'll play with it some more......I'll give you a call wendy if I get some time today.....

Thanks for the help
Old 01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
I'm using the shims you gave me......only 3 out of 4 though........looking at it from my point of view, the whole assembly would be even better if it came back slightly, I'll play with it some more......I'll give you a call wendy if I get some time today.....

Thanks for the help
How much do you think it needs to go back? Any way yo u can send me a pic?
Old 01-03-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

I could snap some pics later this week, I think it might just need to take out one of those really thin washers on each standoff, not sure of the exact size of them.....

Like you and scott said though my bracket is flexed slightly....so I might need to pull it out in a certain spot to get it right....
Old 01-03-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bos, FWIW I'm only using 2 of the thick shims on each stand off. I started out using 2 of the thick then went 3 shims. When I did three shims the belt would jump over towards the alternator by two ribs after a pass. I quickly went back to two shims and haven't had a problem since. Belt runs true and is not wearing funny at all.
Hi Wendy and Scott, hope your holidays went well.
J
Old 01-03-2005, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Bos,
Try taking off those thin spacers. Hopefully that will fix it without too much trouble. I'll waatch for the pics. Will you post them here or send me an email?

Hi J,
The holiday was fun with our 9 year old and it was nice to have a day off!
How about you? Was santa good to you??
Old 01-03-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

My lil guy got spoiled by Santa J I got him a power wheels go cart to go with his power wheels ATV....starting him off on the lead foot..he's going to be 2yrs old this month
As for me, I got pants and socks...the norm But I got the car relocation brackets, sparkplugs, HP tuners software, and ARP lug studs for my axles.

My girlfriend got a Diamond ring and Diamond earrings...she said "is that it" Maybe I shouldn't have put them in a huge box for her to sift through
Guess its Fiance now....got to get used to that
J
Old 01-03-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wendy, I'll either post links to the pics here, or I'll e-mail then......

I hope taking the thin ones off does the trick......

Jer, that is basically whats happening......the belt will jump over about 2 ribs towards the alternator after a blast......
Old 01-03-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like we have/had the same issue. hope it works for you when you take off the thin washer/spacer
J
Old 01-03-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frcefed98

My girlfriend got a Diamond ring and Diamond earrings...she said "is that it" Maybe I shouldn't have put them in a huge box for her to sift through
Guess its Fiance now....got to get used to that
J

DOHHHHHHH now the car is going to come 2nd............ Does that mean after the 10 sec pass she goes up fro sale and a minnie van is in your future?? ha ha Just kidding ya bro...... ha ha

Brian you will get it figured out........
Kyle
Old 01-03-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
DOHHHHHHH now the car is going to come 2nd............ Does that mean after the 10 sec pass she goes up fro sale and a minnie van is in your future?? ha ha Just kidding ya bro...... ha ha

Brian you will get it figured out........
Kyle
THE CAR WILL NEVAR COME SECOND!!! Jen, my hunny already knows that and she loves the car as much as I do.....well not that much Can't sell the car, the lil dude loves it too much will all the great sounds that it makes.
I'm Arnie and she's my Christine
Old 01-04-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys, have a car here with ATI 8 rib setup. i just noticed that the belt was one rib or so in towards the motor. Same problem as you all? If one of you can, PM me, which washer you are talking about
Old 01-05-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you are running the ATI setup, its not the same as the SDCE tensioners we are running, but the spacing is similar, just look over your setup good, mainly from the crank to the blower pulley.......see if the belt is on there perfectly straight, I know mine isn't.......

I have to take a washer off on each standoff....
Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
If you are running the ATI setup, its not the same as the SDCE tensioners we are running, but the spacing is similar, just look over your setup good, mainly from the crank to the blower pulley.......see if the belt is on there perfectly straight, I know mine isn't.......

I have to take a washer off on each standoff....
Brian,
Are you still using the support brace?
I hope that moving/swapping shims works for you. If not, would you be willing to send the blower and bracket setup here so we could look at it? I'll pay the freight...I'll do whatever we can to get it to work for ya.

J,
glad all is well and congrats on the engagement! Sounds like you have a good woman if she's willing to be "second"! LOL! As far as her "that's it" comment, you can always tell her at least she didn't get car parts! Post a pic of your little man in your car - I'll put it on our website in our kid's section!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

also....what are you using for a straight edge to check alignment?? I can send you something like what we sent Kyle. Kyle - if you're reading this, did that straight edge help that we sent you to check alignment?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm using my eyes

Wendy, If I can't get it myself, I would be willing to send it out there, I'll let you know, I'm using a different support brace that I had made a while back to prevent flexing......its actually like another standoff running off the blower, but it attaches to a mount behind the alternator, it was fabricated by chris sikora, and the thing worked wonders.......
Old 01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=BIGBOS]I'm using my eyes

Wendy, If I can't get it myself, I would be willing to send it out there, I'll let you know, I'm using a different support brace that I had made a while back to prevent flexing......its actually like another standoff running off the blower, but it attaches to a mount behind the alternator, it was fabricated by chris sikora, and the thing worked wonders.......[/QUOTE

Maybe you need to have your eyeometers recalibrated!
Just out of curiosity, why did you not use our support brace? Double check that as well...that could also be part of the problem. The bracket may be flexing. Get those pics to me when you can.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't use yours because I had one made well before your kit was on the market, this is when I was using the stock tensioner with some ASP supplied 8 rib pulleys.....

I had a fabricator make a support, and its pretty heavy duty and works very well I still use it with your kit
Old 01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Able to work on it Bos? Take off the Z8 brace and try it with the SDCE brace for ***** and giggles...you never know....

Wendy, PM'ed some pics of the lil guy.
J
Old 01-05-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nah, I won't be working on it for a week probably.......we are getting buried in snow right now, and I don't have enough room to manuver around the cars in the garage at the moment
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Wendy the straighy edeg you sent me worked awsome.
Kyle

Quick Reply: took the car for a drive today...SDCE people in here please