Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who is making good power while passing emissions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 02:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,

Do you have any other specs on the engine? Cam specs? Was it a D1SC, and how many pounds of boost were you running?

Thanks,
Old 12-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ralphy G-Machine
Rick,

Do you have any other specs on the engine? Cam specs? Was it a D1SC, and how many pounds of boost were you running?

Thanks,
Yes, its a custom built 370CID by us. Custom heads, cam is a 224/232 116lsa. Yes, its a D1SC on 13 psi with the SDCE 8 rib bracket. MAde 687RWHP with maxing the MAF out. Going to put the car in SD soon and make more.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All of upstate NY has already switched to OBD-II testing for '96 and newer cars. Metro NY area, which smithtown is, wont completely switch over to OBD-II for another three months. There are however some places on the island that are already doing OBD-II tests, as I just passed one last friday and got my sticker. I live in medford, but the test was in port washington in nassau county. Apparently you can get your car inspected in any county you want now.

-T
Old 12-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
All of upstate NY has already switched to OBD-II testing for '96 and newer cars. Metro NY area, which smithtown is, wont completely switch over to OBD-II for another three months. There are however some places on the island that are already doing OBD-II tests, as I just passed one last friday and got my sticker. I live in medford, but the test was in port washington in nassau county. Apparently you can get your car inspected in any county you want now.

-T
Thanks for the specs, Rick. That's an amazing feat to pass emissions with that cam and blower.

Thanks for the response, T. Am I correct in saying that if you throw ANY codes, they will fail your inspection? This sucks becuase I disabled the ABS (pulled the fuse) on my tahoe due to it not working properly. I just got inspected a few months ago but it looks like I'll be dumping a few hundred into the truck to get the "issues" sorted out next year. Thanks NY!
Old 12-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Ralph, if you are still reading this, I just passed CT emissions.

It is a computer test for 96+ cars, but I had a problem. I rarely drive the Camaro in the winter (I have an AWD winter car), and the battery had run down. I had driven the car less than 120 miles before the test. I guess that some of the diagnostic systems did not have a chance to fully report to the main computer, and they had to put my car on the rollers.

It still passed.

My setup is stock engine everything (except valve springs), turbo system, 42# injectors with LS1 edit (thanks Eastside), Magnaflow muffler. All the emissions stuff is still active.

Current tune is 481/523 to the wheels @8 psi.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the response! So if your diagnostic systems don't have a chance to fully report, they'll throw you on the rollers and do the regular emissions testing? Hmmm, this could work to some people's benefit.

Glad to hear you passed making the power you did. Those are some impressive numbers for a basically stock engine! I've been looking at STS' remote mount turbo kit lately and they're putting out some impressive numbers, and it looks like still passing emissions. Turbo might be the way to go, especially considering I already will have 1 blown LS1 by the time I buy a 4th gen. My only concern with the STS kit is that I've heard they idle real quiet and I'd like the car to be pretty loud.

Quick Reply: Who is making good power while passing emissions?