Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gauging cost on QMP kit- Will I even like it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbochad
Hey man there is no since in calling anyone a douchebag ole buddy! We have all kept this nice and clean and you have to be a dumb *** and say something like that. Look Unusual your mad because my car makes awesome power and you and your motor builder and tuner cant duplicate what everyone else on here can! Why is it that there are so many making power with this kit and you are the only one bitching about it? Again blame it on yourself, your builder, or your tuner because it is obvious that everyone else running the kit is not having your problems! Oh and by the way you are somewhat right, I am proud of a car that makes 700+rwhp, gets 20+mpg, and like I have said before, drives like a stocker......I AM DAMN PROUD!!!!!!
YOu talk about name calling and then go up and call me a dumb ***. WOW, can't say that I'm not amazed. So why did Childress and Warbird get rid of thier kits, they must also be stupid and can't tune for **** right? Okay now that you've proven you think you're a hard *** because you bought someone elses hotrod project you get the prize! Unless you build it yourself(meaning you didn't buy someone elses hotrod project) you will get no respect. Its ALWAYS GOING TO BE RAYMERS CAR LOL.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
I called and got there answering machine, it said something about being closed for christmas, can I have $25 for attempting to call? I think it is obvious you cant blame a kit that has been fine on other cars. Too bad turbo kits and tuning dont come in difficulty levels like model cars.....forget this thread everyone have a nice christmas day!
NO you get nothing. IT hAS NOT BEEN FINE ON ALL OTHER CARS. Must I really dig up every QMP problem post in here??
Old 12-25-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

will some one please close this thread. every car FI or not has issues. PERIOD. thats just the name of the game. if it was that easy everybody would be running 8's with harlan and mike brown. hey thats just the way it is. cant we all just get along. LOL
Old 12-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Raymer's old car or not, I wouldn't have it any other way! The car is damn near the ultimate street car and I am pretty sure I am faster than you. Go build your car, spend 20k or so more on it and I will still be faster than you for half the money! I dont see you at the top of the FI list and I get respect from anyone who tries me in this car because in the end I am always in front!
Old 12-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Merry Christmas everyone first of all!

Secondly, turbochad...nice car.. congrat's... but you sound just like raymer talking about the car... must have you brain washed. I know he made those numbers and ran those times, but you really should dyno it yourself... I'd be curious to see what numbers it actually put down. I will say rob's old Z was dynoed by the new owner (exactly as rob left it) and it didn't dyno anywhere near what he claimed... I think only 570rwhp.
I also will say I have seen more people with problems with the kit and/or it not make the numbers they were told it would... seems Rob was the only one who was able to make those numbers... oh, and also those other people who have never posted.. you know my best friend's brother-in-law's uncle's monkey's owner.... yea that guy made almosy 800rwhp pump gas, stock engine.
Heck, even SS00Blue is selling his kit... after ALL that leg humping and preaching about how awesome it was, he is selling it... never seen a single dyno # or timeslip.... but he "is going for bigger and better things". I find it hard to believe that he is shooting for +1000hp (that's what he said the kit was good for) after never having dyno'd or run his current qmp set-up... or at least never posted up about it. (I know what it really did blue )

Anyways.. Unusual... I hear ya man.... it's not just you that had these problems, every other person I have seen with the qmp eventually had them... or at least eventually admitted to having them. If his kits were so great then he would still be selling them. And to anyone who thinks myself and the "other two" single handidly caused rob to close up, well that's just BS. There hasn't ever been a product out there to this day that has only had 3 people dislike it and all the others love it.
Rob's kit works alright on a stock engine.. but it is based around a poor design plain and simple. You try to squeeze anymore out of it and you start to really back things up... I have seen two engines with identical wear/damage to prove this.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Ok this will probably be the last time I say this so listen carefully. I know what my car is. I know how my car drives. I know how damn fast my car is and I have owned many deep 10 sec cars that made over 600rwhp and I know that this car would walk them easy! You can say all you want about the kit, like it, love it, think it is ok, or hate it, but the FACT is that MY car is simply awesome, period! If the car only made 400rwhp I would be right with you guys bashing Rob and the QMP kit, but unfortunaltely for all you haters out there, this just isn't the case with my car. Did you not read a little further back in this thread where a many other people were more than happy with this kit and the power it makes? What I find funny is that the people who talk **** about this kit are people who are not making near the power others on here with the QMP kit are making! Maybe I just have a "special" kit on my car though, lol!

Last edited by turbochad; 12-25-2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Turbo Addict

yep... you're "special" alright
Old 12-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Here is a list of people who have the kit and their numbers and the numbers others have witnessed from this kit in person.
Turbochad (In Sig)
Kaos 531/576 stock motor and 9psi with pump gas
Slohawk 600/710
black98ws6ta 570/640 11lbs
There are also others who have seen for themselves these numbers 620/770, 730/830.
Squirrelmasta went low 11's without completing his pass!
The person who started this thread and black98 are both from the Louisville area and have seen at least 5 more cars make 500-550 on near bone stock motors!
That is about 11 cars all running the QMP kit and all making great numbers, I guess that is not good enough for you guys either though!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:07 PM
chronic masturbator

wow thread gets locked in 3... 2... 1...
Old 12-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Not locked yet.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

they will keep it open if you guys be cool and add some technical merit. Turbochad, I think people are going to be skeptical of even your car until you run it yourself. If you come back with a 11.4 timeslip and a 1.7 60', what are you going to say then? If you run well into the 10's, I think everyone will agree that your car/kit is done right. Maybe lots of guys have seen the kit work great and perform but we haven't seen that to be the case here...on this board. I know not everyone with a turbo posts here but it is all we have to go by. Please try to understand the skepticism. You SEEm to have a "holyer than thou" attitude and that is not going to get you anywhere. Hopefully I am wrong about the attitude. Go run the car at the track yourself and THEN challenge someone....otherwise you may get your pride really crushed. On a technical note,
when does your boost start building and when are you at full boost? Might help others when trying to determine which size turbo to get.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

cablebandit, I have no problem with anyone on here until someone wants to go and start calling names and acting like I dont know what I have in my garage! I just posted proof 4 posts up from this one that shows what people on here and their friends are doing with this kit. As far as my car goes, I have 3 pretty good friends that have seen my car run a few times and I dont think they are going to lie to me about it. Everything was cool on this thread until Unusual had to start acting like a 3rd grader. All I have done is post the facts about my car and the others on here running the kit!
Old 12-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Oh I almost forgot, my car starts making good power at 3k rpm's and by 4.2-4.5k I am at full go until I shift the car.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

hi sstolen i'm just going to reply to the very first post

how much power are you looking to make, what are your long term goals?

i think this kit can work pretty decent on a stock motor when used with an oversized exhaust housing.

i would do the valvesprings at least on the exhaust side to fight the high exhaust pressures they will see.

i would not do heads or cam or up the displacement, to keep exhaust volume to a minimum.

if you run into boost stability problems I would mount a second wastegate on the crossover and run in parrallel to the first one.

i would also like to mention (maybe turbochad doesn't know, not sure) that his system is not production identical and the results can't be directly compared.

also turbochad.. either list just the 1 best dyno pull or all 130 of them.. it bothers me i dont know why

Last edited by MIGHTYMOUSE; 12-26-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Those are my dyno pulls on the 3 different boost settings I run! For daily driving I run the first setting and if I need more I hit the 2nd setting. The third setting is for race fuel and the track.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
Merry Christmas everyone first of all!

Secondly, turbochad...nice car.. congrat's... but you sound just like raymer talking about the car... must have you brain washed. I know he made those numbers and ran those times, but you really should dyno it yourself... I'd be curious to see what numbers it actually put down. I will say rob's old Z was dynoed by the new owner (exactly as rob left it) and it didn't dyno anywhere near what he claimed... I think only 570rwhp.
I also will say I have seen more people with problems with the kit and/or it not make the numbers they were told it would... seems Rob was the only one who was able to make those numbers... oh, and also those other people who have never posted.. you know my best friend's brother-in-law's uncle's monkey's owner.... yea that guy made almosy 800rwhp pump gas, stock engine.
Heck, even SS00Blue is selling his kit... after ALL that leg humping and preaching about how awesome it was, he is selling it... never seen a single dyno # or timeslip.... but he "is going for bigger and better things". I find it hard to believe that he is shooting for +1000hp (that's what he said the kit was good for) after never having dyno'd or run his current qmp set-up... or at least never posted up about it. (I know what it really did blue )

Anyways.. Unusual... I hear ya man.... it's not just you that had these problems, every other person I have seen with the qmp eventually had them... or at least eventually admitted to having them. If his kits were so great then he would still be selling them. And to anyone who thinks myself and the "other two" single handidly caused rob to close up, well that's just BS. There hasn't ever been a product out there to this day that has only had 3 people dislike it and all the others love it.
Rob's kit works alright on a stock engine.. but it is based around a poor design plain and simple. You try to squeeze anymore out of it and you start to really back things up... I have seen two engines with identical wear/damage to prove this.

Finally someone who has been around and KNOWS what is going on.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbochad
cablebandit, I have no problem with anyone on here until someone wants to go and start calling names and acting like I dont know what I have in my garage! I just posted proof 4 posts up from this one that shows what people on here and their friends are doing with this kit. As far as my car goes, I have 3 pretty good friends that have seen my car run a few times and I dont think they are going to lie to me about it. Everything was cool on this thread until Unusual had to start acting like a 3rd grader. All I have done is post the facts about my car and the others on here running the kit!
Acting like a 3rd grader huh? YOu people never cease to amaze me. Another reason I got rid of my car was due to the attitudes of most of the people that did have ls1's. Chad you pride yourself around a car you didn't build, you think it makes you a better person, by all means have at it. You still get no respect.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
hi sstolen i'm just going to reply to the very first post

i would also like to mention (maybe turbochad doesn't know, not sure) that his system is not production identical and the results can't be directly compared.

also turbochad.. either list just the 1 best dyno pull or all 130 of them.. it bothers me i dont know why

Someone hit the nail on the head right there.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Location: its as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down

what is a better kit out there and can i sell mine to get that one without spending a lot of money
Old 12-26-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Location: its as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down

i honestly dont care, my car is fast, but if this kit working or not is going to do damage in the long run i would rather have it off,i just dont want to spend a lot of money

Quick Reply: Gauging cost on QMP kit- Will I even like it?