Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI Procharger first ... any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
How much did all that cost? The guy I opened this thread about, well, the point was he had went waaaaay into debt and his car is COMPLETELY stock. He has no money for tuning or ANY hope whatsoever for future mods. i.e., exhaust, etc.. He's regretting it 'cause his car runs horrible. He wouldv'e probably gotten more putting simply $1,000 into a mediocre nitrous setup.

Talking bone stock ONLY .... this guy can't even buy a few dyno pulls. I felt so bad for him that I wanted to shell out $500 for HP Tuners just to help him out. The guy who sold him the SC told him he would see awesome gains ... with SC only ... even toild the guy he wouldn't need a tune or anything else.
Even told the guy he wouldn't need a tune huh? I kinda feel sorry for him, but in a way, I don't. Proper research would have told him otherwise.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i was his friend, my advice would be:

take off the blower before you break somthing... obviously somthings not right..

sell the kit to recoop some of the losses (or toss it in the closet for later)

drive the car stock.... when your financially able to mod cars, THEN get back into it.

but for now, you NEED to take it off.

(and being his friend, i wouldnt charge him to take it off.. lol)
Old 12-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is bone stock exept the blower(ATI 7.5 lbs), injectors, fueling, and a tune. And I'm near 450 rwhp. Something is way wrong with your friends set up. Is it even tuned?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
How much did all that cost? The guy I opened this thread about, well, the point was he had went waaaaay into debt and his car is COMPLETELY stock. He has no money for tuning or ANY hope whatsoever for future mods. i.e., exhaust, etc.. He's regretting it 'cause his car runs horrible. He wouldv'e probably gotten more putting simply $1,000 into a mediocre nitrous setup.

Talking bone stock ONLY .... this guy can't even buy a few dyno pulls. I felt so bad for him that I wanted to shell out $500 for HP Tuners just to help him out. The guy who sold him the SC told him he would see awesome gains ... with SC only ... even toild the guy he wouldn't need a tune or anything else.
Without tuning its going to run bad. I wouldn't drive it till he gets it tuned.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Without tuning.. it' s a timebomb anyway.... Pull it off or have it professionally tuned. If he doesnt know what he's doing, he could nuke the motor easily playing with HP Tuners software... lean it out or too much timing = quick BOOM...
Old 12-30-2004, 05:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I talked to him last night. He asked if I would be willing to help him 'put it back like it was' ... has sold it to someone who knows what he's getting into.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy to hear he found a buyer for his kit. Modding your car is nuts if you don't have any coin. At a very minimum you need to upgrade the fuel system and have the car tuned when adding a blower. There are also lots of 'little' things that end up costing thousands... Trust me, I know.. Sounds like your buddy got off easy.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 01-03-2005, 02:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
if i was his friend, my advice would be:

take off the blower before you break somthing... obviously somthings not right..

sell the kit to recoop some of the losses (or toss it in the closet for later)

drive the car stock.... when your financially able to mod cars, THEN get back into it.

but for now, you NEED to take it off.

(and being his friend, i wouldnt charge him to take it off.. lol)

So True..
Old 01-03-2005, 05:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

He's happy .... even made $500.00 on it. Now, he has money to do his exhaust, intake and more.

Quick Reply: ATI Procharger first ... any regrets?