Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

3bar Initial Tune Results - HP TUNERS - T76 Speed Inc

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buschman
Interesting thread. I will be keeping an eye on these new HP Tuners packages. The race fuel portion of the hyjack was interesting too. I see both sides of that story. Personally I agree with Bryan. Streetable and a true street car are different in my book. Anytime you have to start making excuses why you can't race, I don't have any race fuel in the car, my bottle is empty, etc. then you're getting away from a fun car and getting into a race car. Not saying it's right or wrong. But I understand where bryan is coming from. Assuming his claims are true he could fill up with a tank of 93 on the way to the beach and not have to worry about getting into it a little on the way there.

My only "knock" against race fuel is where to find it. No one remotely close sells it at the pump. Ordering gas in 5 gallon drums and having to fill in a percentage of each tank... Not so much a true street car.

But I'm not knocking the race gas setups. If you don't mind spending the extra $$$ and don't mind the hassle, go for it.

Mike
I totally agree. Where the issue began though was not really an argument about which one (race/pump) was best, but the fact that other peoples dyno results were being discredited by Mr. Wilkinson because they were using race gas. Let me ask this of you Mr. Wilkinson, do you run generic 10w30 from the grocery store in your high dollar rig? I think not. After what you've spent, the "cost per gallon" argument is weaker than my 7 year old saying she wants to stay up until 3 AM because she's not tired. Plenty of people have spent WAY less and acheived similar...and better numbers. Now, I'm not trying to start a new argument about who can make more power cheaper, but the cost factor is what you based your whole argument around (at least in this thread). You're trying to convince us that we don't need to spend $5-7/gallon to make big numbers. Well, we don't need a C5R to do that either.

BOT, Speed Inc guys take note, it's a great time of the year to visit Colorado!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Clipper
I totally agree. Where the issue began though was not really an argument about which one (race/pump) was best, but the fact that other peoples dyno results were being discredited by Mr. Wilkinson because they were using race gas. Let me ask this of you Mr. Wilkinson, do you run generic 10w30 from the grocery store in your high dollar rig? I think not. After what you've spent, the "cost per gallon" argument is weaker than my 7 year old saying she wants to stay up until 3 AM because she's not tired. Plenty of people have spent WAY less and acheived similar...and better numbers. Now, I'm not trying to start a new argument about who can make more power cheaper, but the cost factor is what you based your whole argument around (at least in this thread). You're trying to convince us that we don't need to spend $5-7/gallon to make big numbers. Well, we don't need a C5R to do that either.

BOT, Speed Inc guys take note, it's a great time of the year to visit Colorado!
Very well said.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you also Clipper..... very well said....
Kyle
Old 03-18-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also agree with you clipper, its a nice time to come visit colorado
Old 04-01-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frcefed98
its a nice time to come visit colorado

Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Comming from the dead

I am going to be running a HP Tuners 3bar with a T76GTS from OFI on my 2004 GTO. I have a built motor.

Can anyone inform me and what a 3 bar tune is? Sorry I was told this was the best tune I just wanted to find out why
Old 12-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Comming from the dead

I am going to be running a HP Tuners 3bar with a T76GTS from OFI on my 2004 GTO. I have a built motor.

Can anyone inform me and what a 3 bar tune is? Sorry I was told this was the best tune I just wanted to find out why
The stock setup uses a MAF and 1 Bar MAP. You will quickly max out your MAF, and if you have a forced induction car you will be running above 1 Bar... so basically, your computer is flying blind. The HP tuners 2 Bar and 3 Bar setups allow your computer to read pressurized air. So if you are going to be running less than 14.7 lbs of boost, you are fine with a 2 Bar, if you are going to be running between 14.7-29.4 lbs of boost you are better served with 3 bar. You might ask why not just immediatly run a 3 bar sensor... well you end up losing resolution with the higher sensors, so you want a sensor that can read your maximum boost, but it is using most of it's range. Think of looking at a pressure gauge. If you have one that goes up to 100 psi and you are only looking at between 7-9 psi, you won't get nearly as accurate a reading as if you are using a 10 psi gauge, but if you are using a 5 psi gauge you won't be able to tell anything because they will all be maxed.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

So this gets rid of the MAF all togethere? Not a turner so thats why I am asking
Old 12-01-2006, 02:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So this gets rid of the MAF all togethere?
correct.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok thanks.

I take it that its also go for daily driving?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok thanks.

I take it that its also go for daily driving?
The is a bit of a simplification of the process but it really is pretty easy once you get into it.

You get your base tune in to fire up the car with. Then it's basically a matter of cruising the car around and data logging. Then posting the adjusted results into the Editor for the primary VE table and upload a new tune. Repeat the steps as needed until you're tuned in the way you like. It's best to do this with a wide band sensor.

You are tuning the car for the realitly of how you drive it on the street. So after the first couple of general cruise tune changes you can apply more throttle until you're running around with a tune that will match how heavy your foot really is.

When you've got a nice cruisng tune, then you can go out and play with your WOT tuning. You dial in the WOT tune for the highest boost that you want to run and then just tweak you cruise to fill in any remaining transition issues between cruising and WOT.

Rick
Old 12-01-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I have a dynojet commander wide band
Old 12-09-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was told people are having prob getting the 3 bar to show up with the HPtuners. Any info here? This is for a 2004 GTO
Old 12-14-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ttt...................................
Old 12-14-2006, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told people are having prob getting the 3 bar to show up with the HPtuners. Any info here? This is for a 2004 GTO
You just take your time and follow the licensing steps and conversion and you'll be fine.

RIck

Quick Reply: 3bar Initial Tune Results - HP TUNERS - T76 Speed Inc