Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408ci

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 02:17 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have the assembly yet, get the lower CR pistons (8.5:1 or 9:1). Talk to *ANY* engine builder. With a 408 the "streetable" feel of a 9:1 or 8.5:1 motor will not be noticable to any but professional racers and engine builders.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Chris, does an F2 fit without a motor plate?
Old 01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Yes, John it does with our new bracket.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:23 PM
8 Second Club

pics please
Old 01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
pics please
Sam,

Thanks for the Pm ill be going with dual Bousch 420L myself...... here is a link the pics me and my buddy Toonz took at Thunder of Chris's car

http://www.ttformula.com/ape.htm

Kyle
Old 01-10-2005, 07:54 PM
8 Second Club

no problem kyle, i forgot to mention, you don't want to go under 1/4 tank with that setup . cause when you hit the brakes a bit hard the pump doesn't get fule and it starts moaning.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

hey 1dirtyz, once i get my car back, we should go meet up and have some fun

your in mesa right? i need to wait for my motor to break in, and i need to get used to it since it is a ton of power, but i think it would be pretty fun.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Default Ummmm

Originally Posted by SS00Blue
I talked to a few of the local FI racers that still drive them on the street. They seem to agree that the off boost response gets lazy below 9.0:1. Personally, I stay close to 9.5:1 because, if the tune is good and the timing conservative, 15 pounds wouldn't be a big issue on 93. Though I'd consider at least an alky system for good measure. With that I'd have no qualms about 15 pounds, in fact that's what I ran on the street with 10:1 cr, 13 pounds, and 93 octane. No problems and zero kr.

SC-
I would say 8.5
But what do I know I shoot n20 and read 20psi on my KB Blower dont take my word for itlol
Old 01-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Default What?

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
no problem kyle, i forgot to mention, you don't want to go under 1/4 tank with that setup . cause when you hit the brakes a bit hard the pump doesn't get fule and it starts moaning.
It's not because the stopping fool...lol

It's because you will have LOW fuel pressure and not enough to compensate for your a/f tuning at WOT. You'll detonate fast.

Treat a quarter tank as if it was empty.
Trust me or you'll have piston damage and fouled plugs faster than you can say..."damn that kb cobra is fast"lol

Use 5gal of C16 for insurance. Smaller gap on plugs with higher boost levels.

Never boost in 5th or 6th gear trying to highway race...dont believe me...find out on your own what happens
Old 01-11-2005, 04:39 PM
8 Second Club

don't boost in 5th or 6th????
but thats where the fun starts !
Old 01-11-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Predator03

It's because you will have LOW fuel pressure and not enough to compensate for your a/f tuning at WOT. You'll detonate fast.

Trust me or you'll have piston damage and fouled plugs faster than you can say..."damn that kb cobra is fast"lol

Never boost in 5th or 6th gear trying to highway race...dont believe me...find out on your own what happens

who really cares what u think....... all you are doing is trolling.... and trying to show off BIG Dyno #'s that dont mean jack **** with out track times to back it up......... You sound like another group of car owners i know........ SUPRA maybe........ 750 HP and still runs 12's................ go play somewhere else monkey boy.......
Old 01-11-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Predator03

dont know how people are were your from and wat kind of forums you call home.....but dont thoink that by posting those "numbers" and run your mouth you'll get the respect you seek.

Go back to your stang forum and keep on juicing that dohc block....you'll find yourself getting a ride from the "ricers" you so much resemble!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by obZidian
dont know how people are were your from and wat kind of forums you call home.....but dont thoink that by posting those "numbers" and run your mouth you'll get the respect you seek.

Go back to your stang forum and keep on juicing that dohc block....you'll find yourself getting a ride from the "ricers" you so much resemble!!!
ha ha someone else doesnt like you either... ha ha

It does you no good to come on here and act the way you do..............
Old 01-12-2005, 01:36 AM
8 Second Club

2000 tranz am , i'd like to play , but the car is leaving the country this thursday.

preadator,so you are telling me that the pump is moaning just cause the pressure dropped. so it has nothing to do with the shape of the tank and where the bulkhead connector is ...
trust me tha car will run at WOT with less than 1/8 of the tank and the pressure will not drop a bit , that is how its set up.

and no , i will not use c 16 "race gas" , cause the car was set up for " pump gas" and i will only run it on pump gas. i don't need your "insurance".

and what is this bullshit about not boosting in 5th or sixth! maybe on your shitbox but not on mine. i use the nitrous in 4th , 5th , and 6th, so don't tell me don't boost in 5th or 6th !
if you want to know what happens when i do, pices of **** like your kb cobra get blown off the road.
maybe the only reason you're saying that is so you could have a chance to do a ricer flyby after the race.

you seem to know alot more about my car than i do. and its funny how you think that i got this far and not know about the spark plug gap and what gas to run. it almost looks like you're belitteling me and what i have done, and i really don't like that.

and i still don't see any of your times.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

you see wat happens.....we get wind of a troll in our woods and what do we do? Troll hunting!!!!!!

BAck to the subject though, and if the troll returns, which i doubt at this point, i cant stop the slaughter.....

i has posted another thread in the automatic section asking about the l65e max power potential. As of right now, and now not being soon but wat my plans are in the hopefully near future and after i have time enjoying the new beast that im dropping in the Z, this is wat im going for:

408ci 8.5:1 c.r.
Procharger (di-sc or F1-r) with cog belt drive
hopefully, 4l65e...(optimistic huh?)
full bolt-ons and fuel system upgrades....

anybody can chime in about the tranny? I dont want to just drag....there has to be an tranny builder that can live up to the challenge.......
Old 01-12-2005, 10:33 AM
8 Second Club

why don't yo go with a 4l-80e , its a bit bigger and heavier , but in stock form its very very strong.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

yeah, im really thinking about it..........but i noticed the first gear ratio is really low!! Maybe something like a high gear will fix it? ALso, wont there be any other modifications to the wiring harness necesary needed to make the swap?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Teching In

On 11.5:1 compression with proper tuning you should be able to run 5 psi, I think there's a supercharger kit that comes with 7 psi but you can get a 5 psi pulley.

If you can lower your compression using a headgasket then you can run more boost. 3mm should be good for about 15 psi, though I don't know the reliability of the LS1 internals (which is why I joined this site in the first place . . . ).

Remember, tuning is the key. You can run 15 psi with 11.5:1 compression, but there's VERY little room for error in the tuning. You're going to want a very very detailed map adjusting RPM increments of 100 and throttle inputs of 5%. A good trick is to get an electronic boost gauge and hook it up to your fuel computer, that way the computer can also read boost and adjust the maps dependent on boost instead of just throttle and rpm inputs.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Good God John please go back to your rgvstangs.com website where everyone likes you. LS1 guys, dont pay attention to this troll, hes nothing but a fake *** queer. He claims his car makes all kinds of power (at least 10,000 from what i hear its up to) but goes to the track and runs 12.4's. This guy is such a loser if he doesnt get his way he tries to beat you up cause he thinks it makes him look cool. As you can tell from his past posts, hes pathetic. He thinks he know something about cars but he doesnt know his *** from his elbow. Trust me were from the same town i know.

p.s. His bad *** 900rwhp cobra is still scared to race my lil ol 347

Quick Reply: 408ci