Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pics of the new GT55 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 bar MAP sensors are out. i wouldnt worry about maxing it out.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like your not very sure with anything that is going on with this build, Specs, or how everything is going together....Having your father spend nearly $30,000 you would think this information would all be researched and you would know whats going on like the back of your hand???

Watch out for those curbs as well...theyve been known to tweak a frame or 2

Old 02-23-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by skoraisgay
sounds like your not very sure with anything that is going on with this build, Specs, or how everything is going together....Having your father spend nearly $30,000 you would think this information would all be researched and you would know whats going on like the back of your hand???

Watch out for those curbs as well...theyve been known to tweak a frame or 2

Very creative name, who is that, jason or zettler?

you can talk **** all you want, but when i get my car back, you can go cry to your mama

p.s. besides, i dont need to know all the specs bit by bit. i give allan the money, he makes me a monster, thats all i care about. he knows what im looking for, so im not worried or insecure like most people.

im also gonna assume its zettler since i just showed you the link a day or two ago. did you get you tires back from jason yet?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are one lucky dude.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
You are one lucky dude.
you have no idea. its really cool that my dad let me do it. originally i was just gonna replace my spun bearing motor, then he let me upgrade to 408, then upgrade to 12 bolt, then the upgraded tranny, then the turbo kit. this setup should hopefully outlast the rest of the car.

Old 02-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

WOW thats a huge *** turbo. That is gonna make some impressive #s.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

If you all haven't noticed in almost every post of Tran Zam's from this thread HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.
(Count the "I don't knows")

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
hah, honestly, i dont know, its somewhere lost in the price with the whole 408 motor.
...as far as specs go, i dont know them yet since its a pretty new setup.
..so i dont know exactly what i can expect from it as i have never owned a turbo car.

do my goals seem realisitic?
I dont know what the limits are also on the injectors.
honestly, i dont know much about it, but its suppose to be very efficient....... i couldnt tell ya.
i have no idea, maybe for a certain compression?

i dunno, but it all looks sweet.
p.s. besides, i dont need to know all the specs bit by bit. i give allan the money, he makes me a monster, thats all i care about
im gonna stick with this, cause my dad is gonna kick my *** if i ask him for more
---------

#1 - lol you forgot the price - Daddy paid
#2 - You don't know the specs on your own turbo?
#3 - Do you know anything about turbo cars? - Refer to #1
#4 - This might be important with 700+hp
#5 - Again, DO you know anything? - Refer to #2
#6 - Even know the compression of the turbo 408 your building? Refer to #4
#7 - Your prolly getting raped from multiple angles, $100 header bolts - #1 Again
#8 - We wouldn't want that - Refer to #1

CASE CLOSED
Old 02-27-2005, 01:07 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the mods are at church
Old 02-27-2005, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,148 Likes on 746 Posts

I banned the troll names, it's not funny, this is a tech board.

Sounds like a stout build, what trans are you running?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Teching In

i sorta agree with the skorais guys, but im not a dick so im not gonna tell you your stupid or anything like that. i apreciate that your having a car built for you to enjoy and everything but the reason i agree with the 2 trolls is because i was brought up in a world where people who have more money than brains (just using the phrase as an example, not calling you stupid) are people not worth having fast cars, and kids who let daddy pay for everything are just spoiled and *usually* not deserving of having fast cars. just my opinion on things, not trying to shoot you down or anything, but either way opinions mean nothing so dont worry about it

like i said, ill cut you some slack because your not like all the people ive met that fit that description, most do nothing but brag about how much of daddys cash they spent to have someone else build a car for them, and most know nothing about, arent involved in, and dont care to share anything about the buildup of thier car. i give you a lot of props for making an effort and filling us in as best you can on everything thats going on with your car.

now for some usefull information to go with my sensless bable.

as for your goals, from what ive been seeing in other peoples setups, you could attain those with 1/3rd or less of the money you spent on your car so far, so i think you could be safe with setting your power goals a lot higher with the right fuel, tune and of course computer to control them both.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't agree with the troll, but he brings up a valid point. You're gonna give them a ton of money and say go. You've probably never driven anything very fast before, and you have a 1000 horse pump gas motor here, and something that's capable of a lot more on race gas. I'd hate to see you dive into this head first and hurt yourself or someone else, because 800 RWHP is sickeningly fast. Even turning the boost down to 4-5 psi with a giant turbo and a giant motor like that is a lot of horsepower, I hope you take it easy.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Teching In

ALAN i thought you would've learned your lesson after mashing your car into the curb while it was stock! What am i gonna do with you son when you go out and mash this 800HP beast into some poor unsuspecting motorist! You are making our well earned SKORA name into a MOCKERY!!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Spin
i sorta agree with the skorais guys, but im not a dick so im not gonna tell you your stupid or anything like that. i apreciate that your having a car built for you to enjoy and everything but the reason i agree with the 2 trolls is because i was brought up in a world where people who have more money than brains (just using the phrase as an example, not calling you stupid) are people not worth having fast cars, and kids who let daddy pay for everything are just spoiled and *usually* not deserving of having fast cars. just my opinion on things, not trying to shoot you down or anything, but either way opinions mean nothing so dont worry about it

like i said, ill cut you some slack because your not like all the people ive met that fit that description, most do nothing but brag about how much of daddys cash they spent to have someone else build a car for them, and most know nothing about, arent involved in, and dont care to share anything about the buildup of thier car. i give you a lot of props for making an effort and filling us in as best you can on everything thats going on with your car.

now for some usefull information to go with my sensless bable.

as for your goals, from what ive been seeing in other peoples setups, you could attain those with 1/3rd or less of the money you spent on your car so far, so i think you could be safe with setting your power goals a lot higher with the right fuel, tune and of course computer to control them both.

thank you for you support.

on another note:
just because i dont know the specific specs of the turbo(since the specs arent even advertised on garretts site yet), or what certain types of pistons look like does not make me unknowledgable. thats why ask questions to learn more, and become more knowledgable, i dont claim to know everything

i know the basic idea, if i was skilled enough to do the **** myself i would have, but i dont, so i pay the expert to do what he does best. im not gonna get in an internet war, especially with the troll patrol

the fastest car i have ever owned was my t/a with 425 rwhp. yes it is a big jump, but so is going from stock to heads/cam, and i have been fine. obviously there is a bigger difference in power between 425 rwhp and 700 rwhp, but i will take it slowly and get used to it before i get on it.

and for you troll, hitting the curb has nothing to do with the amount of power i had, it had to do with taking a 90 degree turn too fast and understeering, dipshit.

besides, i got my zr1's out of it. and at least i can make more then 1 post before getting banned

so keep the stupid comments to yourself and stop talkin **** or the mods will continue to ban you.

and like i said in my posts before, once i get my car back, put your money where you mouth is and then run away with you tail between your legs you ****** .
Old 02-27-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I banned the troll names, it's not funny, this is a tech board.

Sounds like a stout build, what trans are you running?
thank you. the tranny will be an upgraded t56 with upgraded shift forks, synchros, and whatever other clever things allan has up his sleve for it. i dont plan on powershifting, so i think it should be ok.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

I am watching your project pretty close. It looks like either futral or W2W will get my money this fall for my planned turbo/403 build up. I am very anxious to see how this turns out.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

That turbo looks like it could be dangerous > give it to me and I'll take care of it for you!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
That turbo looks like it could be dangerous > give it to me and I'll take care of it for you!

ahhhh thats to big for ya........ want mine...
Just Kidding.......
Kyle
Old 02-27-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Just want to blow up another car...Can't be to big for that type of fun. That thing could eat a small child!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lilone
I am watching your project pretty close. It looks like either futral or W2W will get my money this fall for my planned turbo/403 build up. I am very anxious to see how this turns out.
i wouldnt spend my money on anyone else but allan. he has been soooo patient with my setup, obviously its different when i keep changing my mind, and thats why its taking so long, but i have no regrets going with the Ultimate engine builder( i hope allan is reading this)

Allan =

Allan =

Allan =

he said he has a surprise for me to, i wonder what it will be?
Old 02-28-2005, 02:50 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldnt spend my money on anyone else but allan. he has been soooo patient with my setup, obviously its different when i keep changing my mind, and thats why its taking so long, but i have no regrets going with the Ultimate engine builder( i hope allan is reading this)

Allan =

Allan =

Allan =

he said he has a surprise for me to, i wonder what it will be?
a big fat bill maybe?

Quick Reply: Pics of the new GT55 turbo