Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Duke drives to new radial benchmark?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the DR time is indeed VERY IMPRESSIVE regaurdless of what the FFW or NMRA guys are running. I just wish they would be a little forthright about their set up and combo. In Gary's original post he talks about wanting to help out the community but is very secretive of the details. Then again so is Harlan, maybe I am just not secretive enough.

Tom
Old 01-24-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

yall havent had to hang out with alot of road racers yet have yall. you will never see more secrets.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
I think the DR time is indeed VERY IMPRESSIVE regaurdless of what the FFW or NMRA guys are running. I just wish they would be a little forthright about their set up and combo. In Gary's original post he talks about wanting to help out the community but is very secretive of the details. Then again so is Harlan, maybe I am just not secretive enough.

Tom
Never said it wasn't impressive, only said it wasn't a bencmark time....There's nothing stellar about a 7 second car running mid 8's.....until you hear that it was on a radial tire.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Mid 8s on a radial is damn impressive. I don't think we even have any 9-second Gen III cars on radials. Radial racing is going to be HOT for 2005.

Congrats again Hardcore guys. I know Ronnie can drive as well, as I've seen him make a few passes at previous events.

Tony
Old 01-25-2005, 10:13 AM
8 second mod

still no definet on single or double power adder?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Efantis went 7.9 in their Supra with BFG DR's.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually, isn't Doc Otis in the 9's on a M/T DR? I know there was one guy there

Chris
Old 01-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Originally Posted by Noyzee
still no definet on single or double power adder?

Single, blower only per Ronnie himself.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

yup doc otis went 9.70 on the small 275mm drag radials last year.

and please people, stop replying about other drag radial records. just shows they didnt read the damn post.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:42 AM
8 second mod

that bottle sure looks like an N2O bottle, and it was in the car, so i would find it very hard to believe that if it was in the car and all, i would say it was used. why carry the extra weight of the bottle if your not using it?
and im talking the 7 sec passes, not when Ron was driving.
ive never seen a fire system bottle that big. the one on the right looks more like a fire system.
eitherway 7's is sweet, but how did it get there
Old 01-26-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

there are 10 pound fire systems.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:39 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noyzee
that bottle sure looks like an N2O bottle, and it was in the car, so i would find it very hard to believe that if it was in the car and all, i would say it was used. why carry the extra weight of the bottle if your not using it?
and im talking the 7 sec passes, not when Ron was driving.
ive never seen a fire system bottle that big. the one on the right looks more like a fire system.
eitherway 7's is sweet, but how did it get there
Well, how many people have now said that it was all blower? 3? 4? Why can't people here accept the fact that it was done on a single power adder?

That is NOT a N2O bottle! If you've never seen a fire system bottle that big, you've never been around a professional race car then. If you look colsely in this pic:

You can see at the top of the bottle is a small red fitting. This is the mechanisim that pushes the plunger in on the bottle to release the chemical. I don't see a valve like what would be on a N2O bottle.

Here is an example:

http://firefoxind.com/2/FX300.HTM

Kinda LOOKS like a N2O bottle, but it isn't. Just because it looks like one, doesn't mean that it is one
Old 01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

so many experts in here. why cant people just leave it alone, its like they have a personal stake in this one shop's ET and car.

and i dont know why hardcore would lie about running single power adder. they have about unlimited resources. if they wanted to push more power, they just would.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have 2 10lb polished Nitrous bottles that look %100 the same as that bottle and it is mounted on the same brackets on the same cage build! Weird.... Have a look..
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...43033117miUPMS

I hate to beat a dead horse on this. But it is always fun to look deeper into the story rather than just here the numbers. I can understand them not listing the build specs, but Most people don't even now the motor or blower!

And I have heard that ALLOT of the top dogs "cheat" of bend the rules. To win. I have seen bottles found in dashes,doors,oil pans,intakes,and frame wells.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:09 AM
8 second mod

3 or 4 people said it, but not 1 HardCore guy confirmed it yet.
and im sorry, i see no red fitting on the drivers side bottle. it looks just like a N2O bottle polished. the pic you posted with the red bottle looks Nothing like the drives side bottle. its longer and slimmer. the drives side is the same as a N2O bottle with the same brackets i was looking at for my new cage.
it may be a fire system, id like to see it in a closer pic.. whats the bottle on the pass side?
it looks like one, it doesnt have to be one, but no Hardcore guys have confirmed it.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:13 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
I have 2 10lb polished Nitrous bottles that look %100 the same as that bottle and it is mounted on the same brackets on the same cage build! Weird.... Have a look..
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...43033117miUPMS

I hate to beat a dead horse on this. But it is always fun to look deeper into the story rather than just here the numbers. I can understand them not listing the build specs, but Most people don't even now the motor or blower!

And I have heard that ALLOT of the top dogs "cheat" of bend the rules. To win. I have seen bottles found in dashes,doors,oil pans,intakes,and frame wells.
Like I said- just because it looks like something, doesn't mean that's what it is. Bottle brackets are bottle brackets, so you two have the same ones. Big deal, that doesn't mean that his is holding an N2O bottle.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:18 AM
8 second mod

gator, what hardcore guy confirmed single power adder?
i saw a few people that didnt know for sure.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:19 AM
8 second mod

looks like a duck walks like a duck, chances are good it may be a duck.
but like i said, either way its Fast.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Trust me..............that blower has more than enough power to get that car in the 7's!! Especially on the engine that he has also. Even if he used the nitrous, so what, he still went what he went. That is damn fast, no matter what.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:56 AM
8 second mod

Chris, your not hearing me. i said, no matter how they did it, its fast, but im just wondering if it was with spray.
and just because the blower can do it doent mean anything, my turbos had more then what it would take to go 9's, did i do it with turbos? No. im just asking and yet to get a answer from them. we also havent see a video

Quick Reply: Duke drives to new radial benchmark?