Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Race Season started today, got a new best..

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting close Jer

As soon as that 60 gets down to the 1.5 territory your golden
Old 02-14-2005, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tiago
congrats! whats the elevation up there?
5,400 feet at the track. DA that day was 6,000

Neal
Old 02-14-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Kyle, Thank man, close but no cigar this is getting rediculous. My car just doesn't want to do it.
I'm might not be available today, the lil woman said something about Valentines day and stuff
J

ha ha and thats why your online now???? ha ha LIL women mad at ya??? ha ha Ill call ya tomorrow i forgot about today also...... going to go start cooking now...... so close bro.... ill call tomorrow... ha ha
Kyle
Old 02-14-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just waiting for the fun to begin my friend... Her and her friend are out shopping for stuff right now
I just finished installing the some midbass speakers in her 99 bird. That plus the car was my Valentines gifts....flowers schmowers...

Thanks, Tiago, Fandango and Bos I'm gonna try again this sunday if all the lil problems get ironed out before then.

Tiago DA was 6789ft for the conditions of that run.
Temp 62, Baro 30.03, dew point 30deg elevation 5400ft
I use this calculator
http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm

Seems to be pretty good.
Can't tell people what the DA was when one wasn't there
J
Old 02-14-2005, 07:04 PM
7 Second Club

Great to hear your on it J. Any chance your hitting some "rich" spots in your tune to cause the temporary break-up? Just a thought. Keep us informed.

Mark
Old 02-14-2005, 07:05 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Congrats on the new best caveman, glad I wasn't the only one. I gotta agree with you there, FI is nothing but headaches. What really kicks me in the *****, are the cars that trap the same speeds but go a lot quicker down the quarter. I was watching a third gen camaro, nothing special but very fast, he was running 10.6@125mph Does my car suck that bad that it traps the same but its slower in the 1/4. WTF MATE?

IF it ain't one thing its another
J
You are really closer to that guys 10.6 than you think. I dont know how much weight you have out of your car, the passenger and complete back seat w/seat belt assembly gives you .10 quicker. Also a 7-8sec burnout is a must and I always pull about 10' past the waterbox(once you get your tires wet) so I dont sling water onto my fenders. Another trick is to get behind 3 or 4 big tire cars(slicks) so you have a nice grove on the track when you run. If you pick up .15 on your 60' you`ll run .30 quicker in the 1/4 and another .10 for the seats and you`ve got your 10.6.
Good luck , Dave
Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Mark, nope I reverted back to the base tune(tune where the car ran awesome and never had a issue) and the problem was still there. So i'm going to work my way from the back to the front. I might have split another fuel line in the tank and have to replace that...FP is dropping again when the key is on. Another problem is we had rain for 3 or 4 days in a row and the car got soaked real good. It might be a coil issue since they are under the cowl(relocation kit). Plugs will be coming out tomorrow and plug wires will be checked too.

Dave, thanks for the rec's
as for weight savings, the car weighs about 3750 with my 220 butt in there.
Back seats are gone, all unneeded seat belts are gone, pass seat is still there(used as my incar camera mount)
My burnouts are alright, but I can go longer...a fellow racer told me the same thing, "put more heat into those tires"
Looks like you are on to something, I stop in the water do a quick rev, pull out but not very far, has to be less than 10ft. I'll pull up further to do the burnout...prolly still doing the burnout in sloshed out water from the water box.
I'm lucky if I get behind a race car, mostly street tired cars out there. I'll shoot for a run after a drag car next time.
I also have to stall it up higher, have a few hundred RPM to go.
On the list of items to get is a line lock, these tires can really push the car foward on the burnout if you're not careful, ET streets never did that lol.
I'll see how much more weight I can loose off the car too.
Thanks man,
J

Quick Reply: Race Season started today, got a new best..