Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PROCHARGER: is anyone having pulley aligment problems or its just me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dont u guys switch to a 8 rib instead of 12 rib and see how it goes. The Viper, Vette and some F-body guys are running 8 rib setups and pushing close to 900rwhp with no problems. Maybe its just the universal 12 rib setup that is not working for u.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MelloYellow
Laser Belt Alignment Tool from Gates sure made it easier for us working out alignment bugs.
Same thing here. After a bad install and weeks of troubleshooting I finally took my car to someone who was willing to use a laser alignment tool and get everyting setup perfectly. Hasn't been a problem sense.

Good Luck,

Mark
Old 02-17-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after replacing a crank/s/c pulley, harmonic balancer which i guess is more expenisve for lt1s cuz i paid 160bucks and thats 15% off list, ati pulley was another 215$ everything seems to be straight i took the car out, did a few blasts seen 10-11psi at around 3500rpm a few times, then some 5psi pulls, i probably got into it total of 12-15 times pulled the car back in the shop and the belt is spotless, hopfully it stays that way . I can still see a hair movement in the s/c crank pulley but i dont think its possilbe to have it perfectly straight when the pulley is that far off the crank. All in all so far so good

Quick Reply: PROCHARGER: is anyone having pulley aligment problems or its just me?