Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phamspeed Performance

Ok, so has anybody gotten there phamspeed turbo on the dyno or to the track yet. If they have can we get some numbers on both please. I am very interested in doing this kit towards the end of the race season i think, but i wanted to see how they are doing. I have read the posts and am aware that turbos will make massive power, usually despite the kit and builder. But still wanted to see if the kit has been proven yet.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
Ok, so has anybody gotten there phamspeed turbo on the dyno or to the track yet. If they have can we get some numbers on both please. I am very interested in doing this kit towards the end of the race season i think, but i wanted to see how they are doing. I have read the posts and am aware that turbos will make massive power, usually despite the kit and builder. But still wanted to see if the kit has been proven yet.
its all in the tune. the turbos with that kit are bad *** jus because the numebrs arent out doenst mean its notta good kit. jus get, boost that motor and tune it and make her sing
Old 02-24-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, i know it is a good kit and will create massive amounts of power. Still just wanna see some numbers, more just to see what it can do. I will be aiming for 550rwhp on 91octane, with FMIC and meth injection. Later sometime go forged and then turn it way up.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what the point is in talking about a kit that has never been installed on any car..

Mark
Old 02-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mdhmi
Not sure what the point is in talking about a kit that has never been installed on any car..

Mark
and you know this as a fact how?

Here are the facts of the kit

tubular headers
good turbo
good wg

the rest is up to the engine, and owner
Old 02-25-2005, 01:09 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah thats what i figured LT1-7. I believe we have actually talked a little bit about the kit and what it would take to install one with the boost i want to run. Actually i am sure we have. So i am not at all skeptical and i know it will perform very well. I am mostly just curious to see what it is doing. Also curious what the twin turbo kit your putting out will do and when those will be ready. Im still a little ways away from buying one myself, but when i am ready, i want to make an informed decision and get the right thing for me, my car, and my goals. During this race season i will be getting my car prepped for one of your turbo kits(single or twin). So not sure when ill be ready. Have you actually gotten any numbers yet from your kit. Dyno tune numbers or anything, would be nice to see them. Oh and i am glad to hear that the F-body market is doing better for you guys, need to get ready for that 7.0 liter twin turbo kit now for the 06 ZO6.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Until there are some numbers to share I don't see what there is to discuss. JMHO

Mark
Old 02-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Launching!

Until there are some numbers to share I don't see what there is to discuss. JMHO

Mark
than why did you reply to this thread Nothing to discuss right? All in time my friend. We've made many kits for people on this fourm. There will be results, just takes time
Old 02-25-2005, 03:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1-7
and you know this as a fact how?

Here are the facts of the kit

tubular headers
good turbo
good wg

the rest is up to the engine, and owner
And the tune, tuning will make or break a turbo kit, I bet I could tune my twin turbo car to run slow as **** without too much work.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
And the tune, tuning will make or break a turbo kit, I bet I could tune my twin turbo car to run slow as **** without too much work.
This is 100% true. The tune is going to make it or break it. I won't be able to put my kit on till spring/ summer becuase I have alot to buy yet. The list keeps getting longer every day.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mark

right.........because no one ever discusses a product before people get it.

Old 02-25-2005, 12:04 PM

some of you guys amaze me!! do you think the big drag turbo cars (and im talking about 7 and 6 sec cars ) dont buy anything till its proven? most of them have there kits build by chassis shops! its up to you to see how much power you can make! the headers are there and look great slap on a turbo for you're set up and a intercooler of you're choice and tune it! see how much boost you want and what not! IT WILL WORK
as long as you're getting you're exhaust to the turbo you will make boost!!!

dont be scared to try something! if i gave you a camshaft core that you were able to set you're own lift and duration over and over again would you still wait till someone tryed it?I HOPE NOT!

the kit will work , im sorry that some of you are gonna have to use a few brain cells
Old 02-25-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

Nobody was saying that the kit eouldnt work or wouldnt make the power. and its not even a deciding factor for me as far as buying one or not. I have already decided to buy one. But it is still nice to hear what they are doing as far as making power and what not. Not all kits make the same power, but they almost all do make good power. Plus i was also looking for feedback on other aspects of the kit. I do have a pretty good tuner to tune my car. Cant wait to get me one, LT1-7 you will be getting a call from me ordering the kit. Turbo is the only way i have wanted to ever go.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:51 PM
NKAWTG...N

I believe thats the problem when it comes to turbo kits, the most well done complete kit can be brought to its knees if the person doing the tuning is has no idea what they are doing. I believe this is why QMP tried to do all their cars in house. Aslong as the kit fits and makes boost your car will perform better, but if the tune is **** your car might not perform for very long. From what I can tell this kit is gonna fly. I plan on placing my order pretty soon.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Is it possible for turbo making companies to just sell mail order tunes along with the Turbos? You could send them your ECU and they could make a tune for you. I mean, dont all Fbodies come with the same parts from the factory? than all the turbos are the same too, so wouldnt it just mean all the cars are mostly the same?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree that it is a no brainer whether the kit will make power of not. What I would be concerned on what I perceived to be an unproven kit would be how well it holds up to daily driving. I would'nt want to be the first person to find out that certain parts of the wiring harness needs additional heat shielding or maybe that on longer trips the new manifold boils the fuel in the fuel lines. You know stupid stuff that might not show up on a race car.

Honestly though for what phamspeed is selling these things for I would consider working out a few bugs(not that there are or will be) very acceptable.

Flawless: I did that for my TTi 60-1 kit and was less than stunned with the results. 350rwhp/422rwtq
Old 02-26-2005, 07:35 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by gogogadgetcar
I agree that it is a no brainer whether the kit will make power of not. What I would be concerned on what I perceived to be an unproven kit would be how well it holds up to daily driving. I would'nt want to be the first person to find out that certain parts of the wiring harness needs additional heat shielding or maybe that on longer trips the new manifold boils the fuel in the fuel lines. You know stupid stuff that might not show up on a race car.

Honestly though for what phamspeed is selling these things for I would consider working out a few bugs(not that there are or will be) very acceptable.

Flawless: I did that for my TTi 60-1 kit and was less than stunned with the results. 350rwhp/422rwtq

But by the same token, don't headers add more heat to the engine compartment too?? Maybe not the same amount as a turbo, but they still change the characteristics of the environment. You make a great point in that there will always be bugs in a car that is modded as it is never completely finished. And that's why we have a hobby
Old 02-27-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Twin Turbo (T70) 408, bigstuff3
TWIN t70's....holy ****!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

The science of turbo charging is not that complicated. There are basic designs that work great. The Art of turbo charging is in the fitment, durability, options with many components and the help of the company involved. And the number one thing is that almost anyone can build a system. But to make many systems that are the same quality, that is totally different.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Iam In The Process Of Installing Phamspeed Kit. Just Finished Mounting The Intercooler And Fans. Only Waiting On The Turbo To Come So I Can Figure Out The Charge Pipe, And Finishinstalling The Other Stuff At Home.phamspeed Have The Turbos On Back Order From Garrett, Ill Be Posting After My Tune In Couple Weeks

Quick Reply: Phamspeed Performance