Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed kit installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 07:54 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Phamspeed kit installed!!!!

I spent the day today working on installing my Phamspeed kit. I can not believe how perfectly everything fit! I've installed a lot of stuff in my day, and I still can't get over the quality and fitment of this kit. There were very few fitment issues to deal with. The alternator looks like it's going to have to be relocated... which is no biggie. The fans do have to be moved. I personally used two Flex-A-Lite 12" fans from Summit and they fit like a glove! I was amazed... I didn't even have to mount them. I slid them infront of the A/C core and the sat right in a little lip down there, they sit flush against the sides, everything is flush and professional looking. The fan model # that I used is FLX-140 from Summit. I just wired them up and boom... finished. I've got the feed and return lines done and they look awesome. I had some friends helping me that are car gurus and they couldn't stop talking about how nice the work was and how perfect all the welds look, and these guys have been around for a while... I COULD NOT be more happy with how everything went together today... With the fans moved my GT70 has about 1.5in clearance on both sides with the radiator and the crank pulley... there is so much room I'm thinking about upgrading turbos. John also built me a bracket with a spring that bolted up to the A/C compressor bracket that is so freaking awesome. It just bolted right up there and tightened up that spring to the motor to keep anything from being to stressed when it gets hot. John is the freakin man! and I will be going to him from now on for all my turbo needs... If anybody has any questions about how something went together I'd love to answer them for you. OH! I forgot, my A/C is 100% intact and running with more then enough room to spare... This is such a well designed kit, and you can't come close to beating the price... Thank you Phamspeed!

Andy Williams

I didn't have the camera with me today, but I'll be getting loads up pics for you guys to have a look at when I get the opportunity to do so.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:57 PM
...with cheese.

I forgot, I also got an intercooler from John. Its the large model that is 10" tall. It comes with brackets welded to it that bolt right to the frame and it looks mean as hell too! It completely covers the mouth on my Camaro. No open spots at all, it's just one long bling bling grill. It took me less then 5 minutes to bolt the intercooler to the car... You can't beat that fellas.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear. I can't wait to get my kit now but I still need to order alot of crap yet. Let us know how the car runs.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Armageddon
I forgot, I also got an intercooler from John. Its the large model that is 10" tall. It comes with brackets welded to it that bolt right to the frame and it looks mean as hell too! It completely covers the mouth on my Camaro. No open spots at all, it's just one long bling bling grill. It took me less then 5 minutes to bolt the intercooler to the car... You can't beat that fellas.
Same one I got. Freaking thing looks huge haha
Old 02-26-2005, 08:08 PM
NKAWTG...N

man you guys are getting me excited for when i order mine! Armageddon, what problems did you have with the alternator? I thought Phamspeed supplies a relocation bracket and all that so its not a problem. Any who get that bitch dynoed and go tear it up! CONGRATS!

also, how you setting up the piping for the FMIC? Thats the only real problem I think I'm gonna run into, not sure how to set up that part.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

GREAT POST
Whats the GT70 rated too? I was told today by the local turbo guru that the GT42 would be too small for my car. I'm new to turbochargers so any info on which turbo would be a good choice for 650rwhp hp or 15psi on an LS1 shoot me some info.
I really want some more info on this kit as I would like to buy it. Thanks for posting how well it fit. Looks like I'm gonna get my info from a customer and not the sponsor.

Oh yeah I have the FAL fans on my ride too, in the same location. They have been working reliably for @4 years with no issues and my car doesn't overheat in the summer. You'll like em.
J
Old 02-26-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats GREAT to hear! I am looking forward to seing some pics! This sounds like a great kit! Lata, Ark
Old 02-26-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

can't wait to see some dyno/track results
Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

PICS, LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS, I'm running into the delema of do i wanna go TT or Single T. I'm probably gonna be a year away from any power adder as I am still dealing on the car, lol, probably have that this summer and start saving the funds for the mods next year.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frcefed98
GREAT POST
Whats the GT70 rated too? I was told today by the local turbo guru that the GT42 would be too small for my car. I'm new to turbochargers so any info on which turbo would be a good choice for 650rwhp hp or 15psi on an LS1 shoot me some info.
I really want some more info on this kit as I would like to buy it. Thanks for posting how well it fit. Looks like I'm gonna get my info from a customer and not the sponsor.

Oh yeah I have the FAL fans on my ride too, in the same location. They have been working reliably for @4 years with no issues and my car doesn't overheat in the summer. You'll like em.
J
Thats funny everything I read about the GT42 said its rated up to 900hp. I to would like to know more about the turbo.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:09 PM
...with cheese.

The GT42 will be plenty of turbo for your car. I'm running the 70, which is smaller then the 42. The 70 will probably handle about 700-750 crank the 42 will support about 900 crank. If you want something bigger you might have to look at a mid-frame 88. That would run some serious power and is only slightly larger maybe 15 pounds heavier then the current 70 I'm running. With the fans relocated I've got a TON of room. I think I could easily fit an 88 in there right now WITH a/c! Only thing you would have to change is the downpipe and how it routes. Because 5" is kind of big to be running under the K-Member
Old 02-26-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what if they went o oval piping under the K member?
I think that would be a nice option for them to offer to get the maximum ground clearance possible when going under the K member.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow i'm Whose GT 42 is this master power? Garret? And one more Does it matter?
J
Old 02-26-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

You wanna sell your GT70..?????
Old 02-26-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Im jealous Congrats though! Just wanting to make sure, but this kit only took the day to install?

Last edited by ~RedLineLs1~; 02-26-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks
Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

I agree with Cannibal!!!

POSTEM!
Heh
Old 02-26-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Wow i'm Whose GT 42 is this master power? Garret? And one more Does it matter?
J
I thought John at Phamspeed told me it was a Precision Turbo but not sure. He did tell me that it was like a T72 but with quicker spool.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

PM sent back need more info
Old 02-26-2005, 10:27 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by KraZy
I agree with Cannibal!!!

POSTEM!
Heh

ditto

Quick Reply: Phamspeed kit installed!!!!