Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Finished the alt. bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Is that the Stainless works alternator relocation bracket? I'm needing one real soon. How much and how long did it take to get to you? Sorry for all the questions, but I tried emailing them 3 times with no luck.
Thanks Brian or Zangel
J
Nope, that's a one-off Brains special. I fabbed it up in a couple hours fartin' around in the garage yesterday.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brains
Nope, that's a one-off Brains special. I fabbed it up in a couple hours fartin' around in the garage yesterday.
how much would you charge for the dimensions and specs of that bad boy?
Old 03-06-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice work Brains, I coulda swore you got the stainless works stuff....too many projects going on around this board Great work.
Can't have a turbo kit with no alternator relocation bracket
Jeremy
Old 03-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Fiery Features Director

I keep telling Brian that he should sell those brackets. I think it really looks good in person and even better on the motor!

NA$TY-TA -- The only thing holding us up at this point is time. We have an entire list of things that will have to be done... the only thing is finding the time to do it. I think from this point on, you will be seeing more updates quickly

I am waiting on all of the fittings and line for the fuel (which I should see early next week). I put one of the Walbro fuel pumps in the car yesterday. I also purchased a set of Seimens 57lb HI-Z Injectors that will go in soon. I figure that will work for the time being (until we figure out which computer we are going to use). We have to finish getting the rear end in the car and then I can give the measurements to Chris@AP so he can make my driveshaft. The alternator needs to be rewired. We have to figure out the air filter arrangement and drill/tap the fitting into the oil pan for the turbo oil drain. Then we have to hack up the bumper support for the intercooler. Once all that is done we have to pull the heads and replace the lifters, change out the cam and install the hot-side piping. Then we can finish the oil feed/drain. Then we finish up the cold side piping and install all the vacuum lines. Get the boost controller in and the car tuned. Brian will be doing the tuning on the car since he has alot of experience with that.

I think that about wraps it up. After all that, the car will be sent off to Keith for the roll bar. Our goal is to have the car done by early May.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zangel
I keep telling Brian that he should sell those brackets. I think it really looks good in person and even better on the motor!
I'd have to agree, it looks a lot better than what i've seen out there from various companies.

I'd pay for one
J
Old 03-06-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well guys, I wouldn't mind building a couple, but I surely don't want to get in the business of making brackets If enough people wanted 'em, it might be worth it to get 'em drawn up in a CAD package and sent off to a mass production machine shop, but I wouldn't want to front that kinda cash without having people seriously in to buy. This one is only painted, but for true durability from nicks and such it really should be powder coated -- which would add to cost as well. Its really up to what each individual would want for his own car. The bracket itself isn't anything difficult to build for someone with regular metal working tools and a welder.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does this help?

that is perfect,
exactly what i needed
Old 03-07-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NA$TY-TA -- The only thing holding us up at this point is time. We have an entire list of things that will have to be done... the only thing is finding the time to do it. I think from this point on, you will be seeing more updates quickly

I am waiting on all of the fittings and line for the fuel (which I should see early next week). I put one of the Walbro fuel pumps in the car yesterday. I also purchased a set of Seimens 57lb HI-Z Injectors that will go in soon. I figure that will work for the time being (until we figure out which computer we are going to use). We have to finish getting the rear end in the car and then I can give the measurements to Chris@AP so he can make my driveshaft. The alternator needs to be rewired. We have to figure out the air filter arrangement and drill/tap the fitting into the oil pan for the turbo oil drain. Then we have to hack up the bumper support for the intercooler. Once all that is done we have to pull the heads and replace the lifters, change out the cam and install the hot-side piping. Then we can finish the oil feed/drain. Then we finish up the cold side piping and install all the vacuum lines. Get the boost controller in and the car tuned. Brian will be doing the tuning on the car since he has alot of experience with that.

I think that about wraps it up. After all that, the car will be sent off to Keith for the roll bar. Our goal is to have the car done by early May.

Cool so when this stuff shows up next week... have your paper work ready and put n for some time off and finish this bad boy(bad girl) up....
Kyle
Old 03-07-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spangler
that is perfect,
exactly what i needed
What he said.... what tool is that you're using to cut it? Thanks!

Oh ya... on topic, the brackets look good.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Toonz
What he said.... what tool is that you're using to cut it? Thanks!

Oh ya... on topic, the brackets look good.
It is called a sheet metal nibbler. They cost less than $10. That one was purchased from Harbor Freight.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

FYI - the fuel pump assy "hole" is in a different location on 99+ cars.. I can't remember if its more forward or backward though...
Old 03-07-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well guys, I wouldn't mind building a couple, but I surely don't want to get in the business of making brackets If enough people wanted 'em, it might be worth it to get 'em drawn up in a CAD package and sent off to a mass production machine shop, but I wouldn't want to front that kinda cash without having people seriously in to buy. This one is only painted, but for true durability from nicks and such it really should be powder coated -- which would add to cost as well. Its really up to what each individual would want for his own car. The bracket itself isn't anything difficult to build for someone with regular metal working tools and a welder.
You could probably sell a paper template and the specs..
Old 03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

FYI - the fuel pump assy "hole" is in a different location on 99+ cars.. I can't remember if its more forward or backward though...
What year is the car in the pic?
Old 03-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Toonz
What year is the car in the pic?
My car is a 1998
Old 03-07-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks! I'll be needing to change my fuel pump out on my '98 soon, definitely going this route. Would have hated to cut into the wrong spot.

I thought that was your car but the interior was red.. I had forgotten your car was originally red. Ooops.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Fiery Features Director

Yep, my car was originally Cayenne Red before I had it painted. I should have pointed out the difference in years. My bad...
Old 03-07-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Question:

I had one heck of a time getting the belt off of my car with the relocation bracket provided by TTi. Does that tensioner pull back far enough for you to easily slip to belt off?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've never seen a TTi bracket, so its tough to say. This bracket is using a factory tensioner, so that should give you an idea of how much travel it has. It sure seems like a lot of travel, but I don't have a power steering pump on the mockup motor so I can't fit a belt (yet).
Old 03-08-2005, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mekkadon
Question:

I had one heck of a time getting the belt off of my car with the relocation bracket provided by TTi. Does that tensioner pull back far enough for you to easily slip to belt off?
for me i found it was alot easier if i slid the belt on the water pump for taking it off and on.
its a piece of cake when you do it that way.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
for me i found it was alot easier if i slid the belt on the water pump for taking it off and on.
its a piece of cake when you do it that way.
that what i did works perfect...

anyone have a pic of the location of the hole to cut on 99= cars??????

Quick Reply: Finished the alt. bracket