Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help with piping issue on my P1-SC set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with piping issue on my P1-SC set up

I just went to a highly recommended mechanic, and he pointed out that my hose on the driver side which is squished a by the SS hood of my camaro, is restricting some air flow. he said, its squishing about 1/2 way, also my passanger hose is a big squeezed too but not nearly as much as the driver side. He recommended to redo the piping so that the hood does not squish it. basicly he wants to make the hoses move out of the way of the hood by making some elbows. Have any of you had this problem? do you think its worth getting him to do this? and does it really make me lose power? Heres the picture, you can see the indentation on the driver side hose.

Thanks!

I need to update my sig. THe car is a 2000 camaro SS with 36k miles
Old 03-08-2005, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Call ProCharger!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

I second that. I wouldn't think that's supposed to happen but you never know.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

do you have the hose in the right direction. when i first installed mine i put the hose upside down and it stuck up a little. but i flipped it and it was all good. when it was wrong it looked like the one in your pic.hope this helps
Old 03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the SS hood it will always squish the drivers side hose with the older hose setup. Procharger uses a little different hose (eliminates that extra junction by the fuesebox) on the newer kits. Its kind of a jigsaw puzzle to get them not to hit the hood but its possible - I did it. It probably isnt hurting things a lot to be honest though, but if it bothers you it should be easy to fix.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:33 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple pics, the red car is from 4 years ago, I was one of the first to buy a LS1 procharger and this is how the hoses worked out - they hit the hood no matter what. The black car was from last year, you can see how they changed the hoses a little and its a little easier to route out of the way, cleared my SS hood no problem.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine don't hit. The only difference I see is your last set of hoses from the plenum to the coulplers aren't rotated towards the motor like mine. If you do that, the bends will come in towards the motor and hug the radiator shroud. It's close but they just clear. For me anyway.

Quick Reply: need help with piping issue on my P1-SC set up