Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

nos and superchargers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nos and superchargers?

anyone useing nos on a supercharge car like on a t trim on a lt1 what kit and how much? is it safe?
Old 03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

I've got a 91 Z28 with a T-trim supercharger on it going into a TPI setup. I run a dry 30hp shot between the outlet of the supercharger and the inlet of the TPI's mouth... it helps out tremendously... not only in power but the intercooling affect. I spoke with many people at NOS systems about jetting and such. I feel comfortable up to about a 50hp shot, but i'd start small.. .like a 30hp shot if I were you. I have a DFI on my car, so I'm able to tune the timing/AF mixture..etc fairly easy. What system are you using to tune the car??
Old 03-09-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Talon77
I've got a 91 Z28 with a T-trim supercharger on it going into a TPI setup. I run a dry 30hp shot between the outlet of the supercharger and the inlet of the TPI's mouth... it helps out tremendously... not only in power but the intercooling affect. I spoke with many people at NOS systems about jetting and such. I feel comfortable up to about a 50hp shot, but i'd start small.. .like a 30hp shot if I were you. I have a DFI on my car, so I'm able to tune the timing/AF mixture..etc fairly easy. What system are you using to tune the car??
i have the dfi 6 do you think a dry or should i use a wet? thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

A dfi 6 will work fine.. thats actually what I have on mine. (My z28)... I've got a DFI Gen 7 on my malibu.. its MUCH better.. but yes, you can adjust anything needed with the gen 6. Whats your compression..and internal setup? (Forged pistons, crank, rods, etc..?)
I was also reading about methane injection..which helps also. That's a good alternative. Do you have a Wideband? If so, that makes testing and tuning much easier...
Old 03-09-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

A dfi 6 will work fine.. thats actually what I have on mine. (My z28)... I've got a DFI Gen 7 on my malibu.. its MUCH better.. but yes, you can adjust anything needed with the gen 6. Whats your compression..and internal setup? (Forged pistons, crank, rods, etc..?)
I was also reading about methane injection..which helps also. That's a good alternative. Do you have a Wideband? If so, that makes testing and tuning much easier...
it's all lunati int. comps. is 8.5 no wideband,the car made 617hp and 771 torque on pump gas and mufflers what kit do you have should i use wet or dry? thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

I use a dry kit... one I built.. .just baught the powershot solenoid, orded the 30, 34, 42, & 46 jets.. (to range from 30 to 75hp shot).. I had an extra bottle & 14ft line... so I rigged it up to arm on a toggle switch in the car, then engage with a throttle switch (when floored).
It works great. Your making some really good power!! Thats impressive... I'd start off, with the 30hp jet, and go from there...
You'll want to Make sure your fuel injectors.. (or carb) can handle the additional fuel output though... if going with the dry kit..
Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Just noticed you live in Minnesota.. I used to live there as well...

Elk River.... worked in Anoka. I still work for a company in Minnesota, just live in Ky. I'll be up there in a couple weeks for work though...

Talon77
Old 03-10-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Just noticed you live in Minnesota.. I used to live there as well...

Elk River.... worked in Anoka. I still work for a company in Minnesota, just live in Ky. I'll be up there in a couple weeks for work though...

Talon77
cool i live 15 miles from elk river i just put new 75lb rc inj. should be good?
Old 03-10-2005, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

yeah.. those should be enough.. I've got 63lb injectors in mine... so yours should cover it with some room to spare. (Athough there's an official calculation method to determine this.. but my gut feeling is your covered).
Old 03-10-2005, 04:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

What mufflers by the way?

Do folks suggest cutting back timing when adding nitrous?
Old 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
What mufflers by the way?

Do folks suggest cutting back timing when adding nitrous?
borla's yes less timing for sure!
Old 03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by 9secpacecar
anyone useing nos on a supercharge car like on a t trim on a lt1 what kit and how much? is it safe?
LS1 heads, using stock or upgraded gaskets and studs, are notorious for low clamping force, distortion, lifting, coolant leakage, etc. It is difficult or impossible to predict at what boost and shot this will happen, but I can tell you that ours failed using a YS trim, 9 lbs boost and 100 shot with ARP studs. We changed to 9/16" studs torqued to 140 lbs, SCE .050 copper gaskets, O-rings and receiver grooves and lifting stopped. With a T trim, if you used a 50-75 shot you might be OK.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
LS1 heads, using stock or upgraded gaskets and studs, are notorious for low clamping force, distortion, lifting, coolant leakage, etc. It is difficult or impossible to predict at what boost and shot this will happen, but I can tell you that ours failed using a YS trim, 9 lbs boost and 100 shot with ARP studs. We changed to 9/16" studs torqued to 140 lbs, SCE .050 copper gaskets, O-rings and receiver grooves and lifting stopped. With a T trim, if you used a 50-75 shot you might be OK.
do you suggest wet or is dry ok?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Typically you'll hear retard timing 2 degrees for every 50hp... however when nitrous is injected into a supercharged stream, it essentially doubles the overall horsepower rating of the nitrous stream.. (so a 30hp jet, yields 50-60hp, 50hp jet yields 80-100hp..etc)... so with that in mind.. i'd say drop your timing back 4-5 degrees and play it safe. You can also add octane/fuel... to offset the dry nitrous stream, but you want to pay attention to your Air/fuel mixture, plug burn patterns..etc... just test it out in small doses..
Old 03-10-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Typically you'll hear retard timing 2 degrees for every 50hp... however when nitrous is injected into a supercharged stream, it essentially doubles the overall horsepower rating of the nitrous stream.. (so a 30hp jet, yields 50-60hp, 50hp jet yields 80-100hp..etc)... so with that in mind.. i'd say drop your timing back 4-5 degrees and play it safe. You can also add octane/fuel... to offset the dry nitrous stream, but you want to pay attention to your Air/fuel mixture, plug burn patterns..etc... just test it out in small doses..
do you think a wet or dry? and i have my timing set for 93 octane do you think i chould just add race gas and be ok? thanks
Old 03-11-2005, 09:09 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by 9secpacecar
do you think a wet or dry? and i have my timing set for 93 octane do you think i chould just add race gas and be ok? thanks
wet shot and start small, and we used a Schnitz progressive controller.

Quick Reply: nos and superchargers?