Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hey Kyle Pham install pics DAY 1.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 06:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great stuff! This is the only kit out that i would consider selling my Incon kit for. I think you will be really impressed with all the torque from the turbo. You are used to the horsepower but that torque kicks ***!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98
TURBO SHOWED UP TODAY

UPS gorillas, did there best to roll this bastard from phamspeed to my house. The box was torn and the turbo was poking through I made the driver stick around so I could give it a good 10 over...didn't really have to make him stick around he's about as stoked for this new project as I am. He did deliver it very late, 6:30pm today... I also got my POR20 thermal coating too
Weather is suppose to be nice tomorrow so, I hope to get some stuff done. It rained sunday and to top it off, my lil son tried his best to off himself sunday morning with a tub o' vicks vapor rub, PARENTS KEEP EVERYTHING AWAY FROM YOUR TODDLERS.../parent off.

Back to the turbo...
This thing is pretty decently sized. Its about the same size as the D1-SC its replacing. But the inlet is huge 5 inches across. I had to remove the exhaust housing to get the oil fitting on, but that was cake. I also have to clock the compressor housing as the way it was shipped, the outlet is facing the engine block, so I have to point it downwards...also easy to do.

BUT to anyone that can answer this question, I'll them forever.....WHERE THE F@#K do I get the flange or silicone connector...or V band clamp to fit on the end of this..the outlet of the compressor side, its 4.213 inches OD.

Everyone does the water bottle to turbo size comparison, but I did the turbo to the lil guy comparison...The turbo is now his I have to get a turbo for my son so I can have mine back

Thought I'd post a few pics to show that I haven't given up yet...
J
Holy Crap! That sucker is huge, bro! Be sure to have the little guy clear of that monster before you start her up. Dont want to have him sucked in the way that air force guy got sucked into that jet engine.

Seriously though, Looks good.

Laters,

Eric
Old 03-22-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Eric you dork, just drive over here and check it out, I'm only two minutes away you joker

Cablebandit, the kit is really nice, I'm really impressed with it...but it's a builder as stated before. I just hope I can show all who are interested what is needed to complete it. For the price it can't be beat. John is the man for introducing a kit like this in the time frame he stated at the price damn near where he wanted.

Harlan You are a life saver called precision today and talked to Bryan, he got me what I needed. Its coming next day air so it should be here by thursday.Y2Khawk

Hellraiser, I'll pass it along, you need to order a compressor discharge flange and clamp for the GT42...call precision@1.219.996.7832 its 85 big ones, but at least you don't have to next day it like me....that probably added another 35-50 onto the price.

J
Old 03-22-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

but at least you don't have to next day it like me....that probably added another 35-50 onto the price.

J

Hey but isnt that what credit cards are for????????

Now get back to work or post some pics.... ............ in a new thread..
Kyle
Old 03-22-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cash baby trying hard not to use the CC's on this project. Tax return was very nice...should've prolly bought a tranny and 12 bolt...but **** it...I WANTED A TURBO

OK OK I'll get to work...my motivation is slipping away...seems all my friends bailed on me for this one
J
Old 03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eric you dork, just drive over here and check it out, I'm only two minutes away you joker

Cablebandit, the kit is really nice, I'm really impressed with it...but it's a builder as stated before. I just hope I can show all who are interested what is needed to complete it. For the price it can't be beat. John is the man for introducing a kit like this in the time frame he stated at the price damn near where he wanted.

Harlan You are a life saver called precision today and talked to Bryan, he got me what I needed. Its coming next day air so it should be here by thursday.Y2Khawk

Hellraiser, I'll pass it along, you need to order a compressor discharge flange and clamp for the GT42...call precision@1.219.996.7832 its 85 big ones, but at least you don't have to next day it like me....that probably added another 35-50 onto the price.

J
Thanks bro it's a huge help. Is anything going to be cheap for my car. Maybe the spark plugs.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool, glad I could help but we have to really thank Harlan...yep FI is cubic dollars once you get into it...Damn boost addiction.
J
Old 03-22-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's all good in the end though.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cash baby trying hard not to use the CC's on this project. Tax return was very nice...should've prolly bought a tranny and 12 bolt...but **** it...I WANTED A TURBO

OK OK I'll get to work...my motivation is slipping away...seems all my friends bailed on me for this one
J
Told ya u should of flew me up.... i was off yesterday and today...
Kyle
Old 03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

J
I HAVE A TO REMOVE MY PASSENGER SIDE CYLINDER HEAD ON MY 02 CAMARO SS. I'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE AND I HAVE THE SERVICE MANUAL, BUT IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE OR ANY TRICKS OR SHORT CUT I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT? ANY LIGHT WOULD BE MUCH NEEDED AND APPRICIATED
Old 03-23-2005, 10:59 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Are you scared about the heat ? Some of those lines look very close to the tube. Don't they get so hot they glow at times??
Old 03-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Restricted User

$85.00 for that clamp? Geesh, they gotta be making 600% profit on that. I can check but I recall a close friend getting those 4" clamps for 15-20 denaros. I hate to see someone overspending on their car.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

NOSjohn, thanks for checking into that, might help some others out...but impatient me already spent that much

SELLSZO6, passenger side head removal??? I hope you didn't have to do that. No head has had to come off on any header install that i've done? Got me confused on that one buddy. PM'ed you back too.

F8LZ71....patience my friend, I will be coating my pipes and heatshielding the rest...you are a head of me, I will have pics of the shielding and coating. Most of my wires aren't even close to the headers with the exception of the speed sensor wires running down the sides of the fenderwells, but those will get the "treatment"
Trust me it'll look like a satellite with all that gold heatshielding but with silver stuff instead

Kyle, fly up here now, I'll hand you some cash when we are done
J
Old 03-23-2005, 05:13 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Hehehe I'm gonna buy stock in Renyolds Wrap with all the "treatment" you're gonna need. LOL

Lookin good though man. I cant wait to see what you do with this setup!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Hey Jeremy, if you need an extra set of hands let me know.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by flynbludream
Hey Jeremy, if you need an extra set of hands let me know.
Will definately do
Old 03-28-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Day 949

Seems like it, the weather has been crap on the weekends here in albuquerque since I took delivery of this kit But back on track, its going together nicely still. Just waiting on the rest of the coating materials so I can coat my own headers and pipes Out of all the stuff to be waiting for

Here's what I fabbed up today. Sold my old bumper support, so I had to start making something to bolt the FMIC to.

Just have to box in the ends of the square tubing, and paint it. I still have to make the lower FMIC support I'll then weld the two together so it'll be one strong piece. My FMIC now sits about 4.5in away from the plate opening, which rocks in my book. My old FMIC combo sat about 1 ft away from it. I also fabbed it to sit higher inside the nose. My bumpercover now clears it with ease on the bottom. I'm really proud of the way its turning out.

List of things to be completed,
IC pipes..no sweat easiest part of the project.
Oil lines, tap oil pan...I know I know
Coat pipes, and reinstall everything
Relocate alternator.

I rerouted my O2 sensor harness on the driverside, now it doesn't come close to the driverside header at all...still will get heat shielding.
J
Old 03-28-2005, 09:10 PM
7 Second Club

J, looks good. That thing is going to be badass and sound even better!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:11 PM
NKAWTG...N

you well versed in the art of making pipes? IC piping is gonna be the hardest part of mine
Old 03-28-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hurry up already...... GOD... (In my best Napleon Dynamite voice) .... Lookin good bro....
Hang in there it will be done soon.
Kyle

Quick Reply: Hey Kyle Pham install pics DAY 1.....