Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI guys,ever have intermittent maf spikes throw fuel/timign around?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default FI guys,ever have intermittent maf spikes throw fuel/timign around?

First couple pulls with mark stanleys 03 GMC https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...60#post2765860

First couple pulls it was way rich and down on power, everything read normal though. When I got it near best pulls the MAF reading started spiking after 4000 rpm, and although a/f read good, I noticed pulsewidth was jumping up and down a ms or two (was averaging out a/f I guess form wideband sniffer) and timing would drop a couple degrees and back up (I think the quick maf spike was pulling timing out from burst knock tables)

Anyone ever seen this? Im going to pull air intake assembly off (its 5 foot long and it sucks) and see if its some kind of restriction
Old 04-15-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a very similar problem when I installed my powerdyne setup a couple years ago. I had the MAF in the fender of the Hawk, and had to use a six foot extension. The frequency would spike at peak torque so bad the car would shut off like it hit a rev limiter. I switched to a 3 foot extension and the problem went away. Ended up having to move the MAF a little too.

Also, try to have a little bit of straight pipe before and after the MAF, I have heard that will help with consistent readings.

-Geoff