Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

people with alky kits, have question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I buy it 5 gallons at a time. It runs 3 bucks a gallon here. GreenTahoe, just take 2 or 3 five gallon gas cans and make the trip. It will save you a ton of money and last a while.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A good source is vp racing, they have several #s, but the midwest one is:
VP midwest @ 812-238-2084. They ship in all different sizes, i do 5 gal at a time as it draws water quickly, and keep it tightly closed. They also have a good sealing container. Cant remember what it costs, id have to look, its been since last year. Nitromethane has a lower octane, and is way more touchy to use, ie it runs even leaner and would require a huge jet to accomplish the same task. ( you would run out quickly ). Rubbing alcohol is really good for cuts, and a wonderful beverage for hobos, it is a no no for fuel.
A local source for meth is probably cheaper, but not always as clean and dry. I use it straight, its the most effective, you might as well get all the cooling and octane you can get if you are going to do it. Ive had my motor apart several times and its always perfect inside, the rubber tubing i spray it from, and the LS6 intake also.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here's the place i found 52.00 for 5 gallons. hazmat fee included.
thanks for all of your inputs.

http://highfuelsn.goemerchant7.com/i...ExpandedDepts=
Old 04-22-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99transamls1
here's the place i found 52.00 for 5 gallons. hazmat fee included.
thanks for all of your inputs.

http://highfuelsn.goemerchant7.com/i...ExpandedDepts=
I've ordered from them also.
Good service.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:00 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get the rubbing alcohol at wallmart and the denatured alcohol confused the difference is the amount of water contained in the stuff. Denatured has almost no water and the stuff we get at Wallmart has all the water it can hold in it already. That I know for sure there is probably more differences and water that goes from a liquid to a gas expands 200 times so I don't think that would be a wise decision on you part. good luck.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Don't get the rubbing alcohol at wallmart and the denatured alcohol confused the difference is the amount of water contained in the stuff. Denatured has almost no water and the stuff we get at Wallmart has all the water it can hold in it already. That I know for sure there is probably more differences and water that goes from a liquid to a gas expands 200 times so I don't think that would be a wise decision on you part. good luck.
I have a couple quarts of 91% isopropyl. Still no good huh? Damn. Time to rethink...

Quick Reply: people with alky kits, have question.