Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SSAC Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSAC Turbos

JZ 97 SS 1500 posted a thread about this a while ago, I thought I would post up my findings.

I had 2 of these turbos sitting around, I got them cheap and didn't expect them to last a long time, but they died way quicker than expected!

Both of them went on my TT car for about 2 minutes of run time, then 1 of them went on a single turbo LT1 for about 3 weeks..

Turbo #1 (2-3 min runtime) : Has shaft play, seals still seem ok
Turbo #2 (3 weeks runtime) : Has no shaft play, seals are gone

In short - don't buy these, they are crap, you will save yourself money by spending some money, now I have to find a replacement turbo that fits my headers, charge pipes and down pipes or change my setup more.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
JZ 97 SS 1500 posted a thread about this a while ago, I thought I would post up my findings.

I had 2 of these turbos sitting around, I got them cheap and didn't expect them to last a long time, but they died way quicker than expected!

Both of them went on my TT car for about 2 minutes of run time, then 1 of them went on a single turbo LT1 for about 3 weeks..

Turbo #1 (2-3 min runtime) : Has shaft play, seals still seem ok
Turbo #2 (3 weeks runtime) : Has no shaft play, seals are gone

In short - don't buy these, they are crap, you will save yourself money by spending some money, now I have to find a replacement turbo that fits my headers, charge pipes and down pipes or change my setup more.
Are these the turbo's on Ebay from SSAuto Chrome Inc. ?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88SS LS1
Are these the turbo's on Ebay from SSAuto Chrome Inc. ?
You bet.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yup, I have had 3 more of those units come in this week...lol. Listen to the warning guys, I don't post the info up just for fun....lol. I am trying to save you guys from spending hard earned money and potentially eating up a very expensive motor. I have had several customers that didn't listen to the warning. I am now getting them new rod bearings and pistons. Sucks that people can sell just any junk on ebay.

Jose
Old 04-29-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
Yup, I have had 3 more of those units come in this week...lol. Listen to the warning guys, I don't post the info up just for fun....lol. I am trying to save you guys from spending hard earned money and potentially eating up a very expensive motor. I have had several customers that didn't listen to the warning. I am now getting them new rod bearings and pistons. Sucks that people can sell just any junk on ebay.

Jose

So do you have a Super T70 there that you can take mesurements off of and see if a MasterPower equiv turbo will fit?

If the dimensions are pretty close it will be worth me buying one and bolting it on the car to check, and a second long as it fits.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Does this also pertain to the Master Power GT45's as well ????
Old 04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I don't have a Super 70 right now ( I am sure I will get one though...lol), all I have here is a XSpower unit. I send the repairs off to our turbo builder if FL, since I don't have the equipment to machine and re-balance. BUT....the Master Power measurements are online...

Here is the T70 from MP.... which will be similar external measurements to the Super T70.

http://www.forcedinductions.com/images/810015.gif

Here is a full sheet from all the MP units...let me know which one you are looking for. I may can dig up the measurements for it.

http://forcedinductions.com/img/MPturbos.htm

The Super T70's are nothing more then 60mm units....
Old 04-29-2005, 03:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No the MP GT45's are awesome units....we are in the process of testing these on Duramax, Cummins and Powerstroke Diesels. They are beefy turbos with large shaft center sections.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Also beware of the master power clones on Ebay, SSAC was selling those as well, and the crummy XSpower units

Quick Reply: SSAC Turbos